Like it on Facebook, +1 on Google, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
  • Re: Is it difficult to keep religion out of your day today life and activities?

    by » one year ago


    The vast majority of the people keep religion personal , it is only a few fanatics who let it pervade into their public life.. 


    Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!


  • Re: Is it difficult to keep religion out of your day today life and activities?

    by » one year ago


    Some fanatics are very influential and can away public a lot.


  • Re: Is it difficult to keep religion out of your day today life and activities?

    by » one year ago


    usha manohar wrote:

    The vast majority of the people keep religion personal , it is only a few fanatics who let it pervade into their public life.. 

    Have you read any of S.L. Bhyrappa's works? I have just started reading 'Aavaran' and it is my first book of this great author! It is literally an eye opener!


    "I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
    - W. C. Fields :)


  • Re: Is it difficult to keep religion out of your day today life and activities?

    by » one year ago


    Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
    usha manohar wrote:

    The vast majority of the people keep religion personal , it is only a few fanatics who let it pervade into their public life.. 

    Have you read any of S.L. Bhyrappa's works? I have just started reading 'Aavaran' and it is my first book of this great author! It is literally an eye opener!

    I have read many of his books , including Aavarana ..It is a very controversial subject no doubt but he has been able to deal with the subject of conversion in the manner it has to be dealt with, frank and to the fact ! 

    Kalyani, sometime back i attended a seminar organised by the Bangalore University , on some of Kannadas leading authors. Two of Byrappa's works Vamsha Vriksha ( which in my opinion is his best work)  and Nayi Neralu were discussed and debated and he too was present. There were many criticisms by the younger crowd , the Kannada Post graduate students mainly, who kept  hammering him with questions after questions.  But he very confidently handled all the criticisms. Many feel that he is not progressive , tends to be conservative and traditional and it shows in his writings  . I feel that everyone need not be progressive and so called rational and be blind to realities past and present.


    Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!


    Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

  • Re: Is it difficult to keep religion out of your day today life and activities?

    by » one year ago


    usha manohar wrote:
    Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
    usha manohar wrote:

    The vast majority of the people keep religion personal , it is only a few fanatics who let it pervade into their public life.. 

    Have you read any of S.L. Bhyrappa's works? I have just started reading 'Aavaran' and it is my first book of this great author! It is literally an eye opener!

    I have read many of his books , including Aavarana ..It is a very controversial subject no doubt but he has been able to deal with the subject of conversion in the manner it has to be dealt with, frank and to the fact ! 

    Kalyani, sometime back i attended a seminar organised by the Bangalore University , on some of Kannadas leading authors. Two of Byrappa's works Vamsha Vriksha ( which in my opinion is his best work)  and Nayi Neralu were discussed and debated and he too was present. There were many criticisms by the younger crowd , the Kannada Post graduate students mainly, who kept  hammering him with questions after questions.  But he very confidently handled all the criticisms. Many feel that he is not progressive , tends to be conservative and traditional and it shows in his writings  . I feel that everyone need not be progressive and so called rational and be blind to realities past and present.

    As this is the first book of his I am reading (sorry finished it last night itself) I cannot comment confidently on whether he is not progressive or outdated in thinking, but this is very much clear and evident is that., he believes in truth and honesty and demands an accurate, uncovered facts of history be told to people. Isn't this a rational demand? Why can't we look at history plainly just like the protagonist in this book does? For that at least, I would think Bhyrappa himself is very much rational and also progressive as he does not allow any biases in presenting true facts without provoking or instigating any one.


    "I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
    - W. C. Fields :)


    Thank you said by: usha manohar, Arunima Singh

  • Re: Is it difficult to keep religion out of your day today life and activities?

    by » one year ago


    Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
    usha manohar wrote:
    Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
    usha manohar wrote:

    The vast majority of the people keep religion personal , it is only a few fanatics who let it pervade into their public life.. 

    Have you read any of S.L. Bhyrappa's works? I have just started reading 'Aavaran' and it is my first book of this great author! It is literally an eye opener!

    I have read many of his books , including Aavarana ..It is a very controversial subject no doubt but he has been able to deal with the subject of conversion in the manner it has to be dealt with, frank and to the fact ! 

    Kalyani, sometime back i attended a seminar organised by the Bangalore University , on some of Kannadas leading authors. Two of Byrappa's works Vamsha Vriksha ( which in my opinion is his best work)  and Nayi Neralu were discussed and debated and he too was present. There were many criticisms by the younger crowd , the Kannada Post graduate students mainly, who kept  hammering him with questions after questions.  But he very confidently handled all the criticisms. Many feel that he is not progressive , tends to be conservative and traditional and it shows in his writings  . I feel that everyone need not be progressive and so called rational and be blind to realities past and present.

    As this is the first book of his I am reading (sorry finished it last night itself) I cannot comment confidently on whether he is not progressive or outdated in thinking, but this is very much clear and evident is that., he believes in truth and honesty and demands an accurate, uncovered facts of history be told to people. Isn't this a rational demand? Why can't we look at history plainly just like the protagonist in this book does? For that at least, I would think Bhyrappa himself is very much rational and also progressive as he does not allow any biases in presenting true facts without provoking or instigating any one.

    Exactly my point ! I have seen the totally biased attitude of the rationalist writers who are selective in choosing people or groups . Byrappa has always been different in many ways, He has led a a very adventurous life , lost his family members ,having experienced many ups and downs and worked in different capacities, even under a saint at one stage of his life . So, his knowledge of the world and people is vast as compared to the limited book knowledge that many writers possess.He is a great speaker, especially on his pet subject Philosophy and I have heard him speak and his views are very balanced and down to earth which goes against the majority of the rational writers who feel the need to oppose, confront and vent out their hatred on someone or something ..


    Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!


    Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

  • Re: Is it difficult to keep religion out of your day today life and activities?

    by » 4 months ago


    Religion when in your heart and mind makes it happen in the outside world too. However, when there is no religion in your heart, then, only purity of God remains. Otherwise also, religion comes from bondage of the evil doers. Those who listen to the evil spirits and not to the God who created the heaven and the earth are the ones who created these meaningless religions.


  • Re: Is it difficult to keep religion out of your day today life and activities?

    by » 3 months ago


    Nishidha Patil wrote:

    Religion when in your heart and mind makes it happen in the outside world too. However, when there is no religion in your heart, then, only purity of God remains. Otherwise also, religion comes from bondage of the evil doers. Those who listen to the evil spirits and not to the God who created the heaven and the earth are the ones who created these meaningless religions.

    It would be even more straight forward to credit creation to nature,rather than GOD because then the question arises , which God ?


    Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!


    Thank you said by: suni51

  • Re: Is it difficult to keep religion out of your day today life and activities?

    by » 3 months ago


    True, for me the answer eouwo be same too . I have my trust in Mother Nature before anyone else.


  • Re: Is it difficult to keep religion out of your day today life and activities?

    by » 3 months ago


    God is every where and in each things. Nature is also God. 


You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.