The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
In this particular instance I won't blame any president for it,it's the spinelessness of the head of the government which has exposed to the ridicule of the world! Here again our the conduct of our ex FM and now President should raise questions. He was part of the powerful think-tank which exhibited this spinelessness! Not a single member of this think-tank staked his or her selfish interest to make it an issue to resign!! These days ministers don't resign on their own unless forced to!

Yes, its true, its more about the lack of willingness on part of the ruling government to carry out the executions as has been ordered by the court. But if that is the case, then why are those cases forwarded to the President for petitions?? Why go through all these unnecessary steps that only wastes obscene amounts of our money and creates mountains of useless paper? Once the court has given its judgement, just carry out those orders when the proper times comes!!

In case of death sentence, the culprit has constitutional right to seek mercy. Mercy petition cannot be summarily rejected. Government has no choice as this is constitutional and legal remedy available to culprit. After receiving mercy petition, the government has to follow the proper procedure viz. getting getting opinion of state government concerned and thereafter sending the petition to President of India with cabinet advice.

Once the terrorist is arrested and presented to court, there is long legal process that cannot be avoided. If the terrorist is killed in action, this would be different.

No attempt should be made to defend the indefensible! No judicial process is pending in Afjal Guru's case. The highest court of the land has pronounced the verdict holding him guilty and punishment too was pronounced. The mercy petition has been gathering dust for years for reasons known to all. It's our horrific record of compromising with crimes and criminals that has landed in our present condition. The fact remains that in most of the terrorist violence,the common people are the worst sufferers and there is a yawning disconnect between the thoughts of common masses and our great rulers.

I totally agree with those sentiments ! Indian politicians only look after their interests and nothing else matters . One wonders if they have any national feeling or patriotism left in them...It is disgusting to watch them on TV making excuses for lapses saying 'this is politics and anything is possible ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Certainly they should get death sentence. They don't have mercy on innocent people why should we have on them?. It should be lesson for others . So that they don't do it in future.

http://moneyrumors.blogspot.com
I think Government should not waste much money on kasab and should hang him to death.

Want to make each day Accountable

I agree that there should be no mercy to the terrorists. But mercy petition is a legal remedy that cannot be denied. We must not mix sentiments with law.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I agree that there should be no mercy to the terrorists. But mercy petition is a legal remedy that cannot be denied. We must not mix sentiments with law.

Sir, if mercy of death sentence is given then, the justice can't be said to those people, who have lost their lives.

The Number of killing was not 1 or 2 but in 50s or 100s.

Sir, if mercy of death sentence is given then, the justice can't be said to those people, who have lost their lives.

I hold that there should be no mercy. But the mercy petition has to be entertained and President's Decision taken. Mercy must not be granted and he must be hanged till death as early as possible.

I hold that there should be no mercy. But the mercy petition has to be entertained and President's Decision taken. Mercy must not be granted and he must be hanged till death as early as possible.

You mean that it is in the hand of Judge to give mercy or not?

No. Judge cannot give mercy. He has to decide the case. Death sentence is given by District and Sessions Judge. This has to be confirmed by High court. After confirmation by High court, convict may appeal to supreme court. If supreme court also upholds death sentence, the convict can submit mercy petition to President. At this stage, Central government obtains views of state government and sends advice to President- whether to give mercy or not. If mercy is refused, the convict will be hanged.

This procedure is compulsory an has to be followed. I think that the terrorists should not be granted mercy and their petitions should be rejected. However, sometime is required by government to deal with mercy petition.

No. Judge cannot give mercy. He has to decide the case. Death sentence is given by District and Sessions Judge. This has to be confirmed by High court. After confirmation by High court, convict may appeal to supreme court. If supreme court also upholds death sentence, the convict can submit mercy petition to President. At this stage, Central government obtains views of state government and sends advice to President- whether to give mercy or not. If mercy is refused, the convict will be hanged.

This procedure is compulsory an has to be followed. I think that the terrorists should not be granted mercy and their petitions should be rejected. However, sometime is required by government to deal with mercy petition.

As of now it is in the hands of the President and Pratibha Patil of course had it with her for more than 2 years , and must have been advised by the Congress party supremo to simply wait and watch..they will continue to do even now !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

As of now it is in the hands of the President and Pratibha Patil of course had it with her for more than 2 years , and must have been advised by the Congress party supremo to simply wait and watch..they will continue to do even now !

whatever the law is, if i am the president, i won't allow mercy to terrorist.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.