The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
They are held guilty and hence punished by court. The penalty of death sentence has been discontinued in many countries but this continues in India. The Government does not decide the cases and hence it is wrong to say that the government is not sure how to punish them. This is court job. The question of quantum of punishment viz. Death sentence or jail term is decided by court only keeping in view the extent of involvement of the accused.

Afzal guru was given a death sentence and so was Kasab ....when there is dillydallying by the authorities it sends out wrong messages esp to the terrorist groups...
http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2010-05-06/india/28299185_1_kasab-and-nine-pakistani-gunman-k-p-pawar

When death sentence is awarded by competent court and confirmed by High Court, there should be no undue delay. The guilty have a constitutional right to ask for clemency and this is undeniable. The process of dealing with mercy petition is quite long as state government's views are ascertained after which Central Government sends advice to President. President's office may also take some time to act on the petition.

We may agree that mercy should not be given in such cases and death sentence executed. In that case, we should not expect Pakistan or other countries to show mercy to the Indian nationals accused of terrorist killing there.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

They are held guilty and hence punished by court. The penalty of death sentence has been discontinued in many countries but this continues in India. The Government does not decide the cases and hence it is wrong to say that the government is not sure how to punish them. This is court job. The question of quantum of punishment viz. Death sentence or jail term is decided by court only keeping in view the extent of involvement of the accused.

Afzal guru was given a death sentence and so was Kasab ....when there is dillydallying by the authorities it sends out wrong messages esp to the terrorist groups...
http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2010-05-06/india/28299185_1_kasab-and-nine-pakistani-gunman-k-p-pawar

When death sentence is awarded by competent court and confirmed by High Court, there should be no undue delay. The guilty have a constitutional right to ask for clemency and this is undeniable. The process of dealing with mercy petition is quite long as state government's views are ascertained after which Central Government sends advice to President. President's office may also take some time to act on the petition.

We may agree that mercy should not be given in such cases and death sentence executed. In that case, we should not expect Pakistan or other countries to show mercy to the Indian nationals accused of terrorist killing there.

I would agree with that , and we should not interfere if it has been proven beyond any doubt ...here Kasab is a Pakistani but Afzal Guru is a Indian Kashmiri , of course they identify themselves differently as freedom fighters...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

Yes....of course.
Yes, the time lag caused by its processes are keeping such punishments in pending. It gives more time to criminals to think about more loop holes so that they can escape from punishment. isn't it?

Meera sandhu

Yes....of course.
Yes, the time lag caused by its processes are keeping such punishments in pending. It gives more time to criminals to think about more loop holes so that they can escape from punishment. isn't it?

There is no need to think of loopholes while the cases are pending. The terrorists and their masterminds know much before the entire legal process and loopholes. It is more necessary to equip our police and para military forces with the means to prevent the terrorist act and to effectively deal with the terrorists during the operations so that there is no need for court decisions.

I don't understand the reason for such dillydallying. Afzal Guru's petition was pending with Pratibha Patil during her entire tenure and she did not take any action on it, now it has been passed to Mukherjee, but there is little hope of his sentence being carried out in the near future. I wonder how much more taxpayers' money if going to be spent on feeding Guru and Kasab? Now that Ramzan has started, they must be getting biryanis and what not on a daily basis! :angry:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I don't understand the reason for such dillydallying. Afzal Guru's petition was pending with Pratibha Patil during her entire tenure and she did not take any action on it, now it has been passed to Mukherjee, but there is little hope of his sentence being carried out in the near future. I wonder how much more taxpayers' money if going to be spent on feeding Guru and Kasab? Now that Ramzan has started, they must be getting biryanis and what not on a daily basis! :angry:

Of course they must be getting Biriyani and everything else they demand for, the tantrums Kasab gets into makes you grit your teeth ...Pratibha Patil , I suppose was wholly taken up with showing her family the entire world during her tenure and in the later years about where she is going to build her house , of course at tax payers expense and how best she can make the most of it, so where is the time left for Guru? The terrorists must be laughing all the way at our country and its leaders :unsure: :blink:

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Of course they must be getting Biriyani and everything else they demand for, the tantrums Kasab gets into makes you grit your teeth ...Pratibha Patil , I suppose was wholly taken up with showing her family the entire world during her tenure and in the later years about where she is going to build her house , of course at tax payers expense and how best she can make the most of it, so where is the time left for Guru? The terrorists must be laughing all the way at our country and its leaders :unsure: :blink:

Yes!! :angry: Pratibha Patil and all others have made us a laughing stock!! :angry: :angry:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Yes!! :angry: Pratibha Patil and all others have made us a laughing stock!! :angry: :angry:

Apparently, role of President is not yet understood by many. Pratibha Patil could have done nothing. She had virtually no say. she could do only what the Union cabinet advised. In matter of mercy petition, Union government obtains report and views from concerned state government and then sens advice to President. So blame Union government and not President- Pratibha or Pranab.

I sincerely wish that Pratibha Patil and her clan, who toured the world with her, gets to read this ..

http://zeenews.india.com/blog/66/blog839.html

I have a huge anger on indian Government. Why they are feeding Kasab and spending crores of rupees on him?
We are having every proof of him. Why they are not sentencing him to death?

Want to make each day Accountable

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.