Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I have an altogether different take on the issue neither supporting nor doing anything else as far as her decision goes. Creative people belong to a rare breed and their responses and reactions too vary. Some never attach any importance to these official awards and rightly so. They can do without governmental or state recognition as they are immortalized through their creations. Who cares if Bharat Ratna appears against Lataji's name. Do we remember Beethoven for any official recognition?? Or Indian masters of yester-years???

I totally agree with those views that a genius is far above such feelings...More so when we know that the selection process for our state awards are far from perfect or fair..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I have an altogether different take on the issue neither supporting nor doing anything else as far as her decision goes. Creative people belong to a rare breed and their responses and reactions too vary. Some never attach any importance to these official awards and rightly so. They can do without governmental or state recognition as they are immortalized through their creations. Who cares if Bharat Ratna appears against Lataji's name. Do we remember Beethoven for any official recognition?? Or Indian masters of yester-years???

I totally agree with those views that a genius is far above such feelings...More so when we know that the selection process for our state awards are far from perfect or fair..

@Usha

In majority of cases you would find that those who are presiding over these decisions are grossly incompetent to take these decisions. I would like these greatly talented people not to get too emotional about this!!
Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

Ushaji
now each channel gives awards for guests and stars who perform on stage ;)
when we see such programs on television, we find that 90% of persons who attend the function will be the nominees for one or more category of awards :evil: :evil: . sometimes I feel like laughing hearing the nominee's name and winners. each channel declares a winner....STAR TV, ZEE TV, Filmfare and in 90% cases, winners are not the same for all the categories :silly: :silly:
so, what's the basis of giving awards???
when awards are given to non-deserving persons, many talents got hidden in the illusion of that magic world. that's what happened in Usha Uthup's case...that she cried while receiving the awards. am sure, no one of her fans (even me) have ever noticed the fact that she has never received a television awards :dry: :huh: :huh:

When I read the news of Padmasree in newspapers, let me tell the truth...I was really surprised to see Janaky's name..not because she doesn't deserve, but a thought, "I thought she has received it earlier. Why is it so late? Many persons who have come to this industry decades after her have received it years before. Her contributions to South Indian film industry during 70's and 80's can't be written in a few words....No doubt, she was the most glowing singing star of South in 80's. So I assumed that she might have got it during 90's. It's the truth.

I have already mentioned in my previous post...those precious gems of 80's won't fade from my heart till my death.....her voice often resembles Lataji and Ashaji... It seems as if they are singing.....Now also she has the ability to sing as a child

Meera sandhu

Ushaji
now each channel gives awards for guests and stars who perform on stage ;)
when we see such programs on television, we find that 90% of persons who attend the function will be the nominees for one or more category of awards :evil: :evil: . sometimes I feel like laughing hearing the nominee's name and winners. each channel declares a winner....STAR TV, ZEE TV, Filmfare and in 90% cases, winners are not the same for all the categories :silly: :silly:
so, what's the basis of giving awards???
when awards are given to non-deserving persons, many talents got hidden in the illusion of that magic world. that's what happened in Usha Uthup's case...that she cried while receiving the awards. am sure, no one of her fans (even me) have ever noticed the fact that she has never received a television awards :dry: :huh: :huh:

When I read the news of Padmasree in newspapers, let me tell the truth...I was really surprised to see Janaky's name..not because she doesn't deserve, but a thought, "I thought she has received it earlier. Why is it so late? Many persons who have come to this industry decades after her have received it years before. Her contributions to South Indian film industry during 70's and 80's can't be written in a few words....No doubt, she was the most glowing singing star of South in 80's. So I assumed that she might have got it during 90's. It's the truth.

I have already mentioned in my previous post...those precious gems of 80's won't fade from my heart till my death.....her voice often resembles Lataji and Ashaji... It seems as if they are singing.....Now also she has the ability to sing as a child

I agree with your views Sandhyaji :) When a person is loved by the masses, awards and other things dont really matter since everyone is aware that the person is talented and has already been recognised by the music lovers...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani
To be honest we honor ourselves by honoring them. They leave their signature on the flow of time permanently. To illustrate my point further, I would just relate my experience as a Bengalee. There were times when in the musical firmament of Bengal there were too many brilliant stars glowing gloriously like - Hemanta Mukherjee, Manna Dey, Shyamal Mitra and a host of others with music composer like Salil Chowdury churning out hits after hits. In my early childhood I thought Lata Mangeshkar, Asha Bhosle, Sumankalyanpur were all Bengalees!! And Lataji's hits of Salil Chowdhury are still unsurpassed in their popularity as the hits of others. Even youths of today are in awe and remakes are being made. Do I ever ask myself if these luminaries ever receive any award??
To be honest we honor ourselves by honoring them. They leave their signature on the flow of time permanently. To illustrate my point further, I would just relate my experience as a Bengalee. There were times when in the musical firmament of Bengal there were too many brilliant stars glowing gloriously like - Hemanta Mukherjee, Manna Dey, Shyamal Mitra and a host of others with music composer like Salil Chowdury churning out hits after hits. In my early childhood I thought Lata Mangeshkar, Asha Bhosle, Sumankalyanpur were all Bengalees!! And Lataji's hits of Salil Chowdhury are still unsurpassed in their popularity as the hits of others. Even youths of today are in awe and remakes are being made. Do I ever ask myself if these luminaries ever receive any award??

Thats true and those days they dint have this many awards and honors either because people were more dedicated to their work rather than wait for people to appreciate and honor them....that's the difference between the then generation and the present generation where everything has been reduced to too much show...

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.