Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Army is a secular unifying force in the country. Injustice should not be done to them. The civil servants are clever and politicians should reign them in.

vijay wrote:

Why can't the privileges of the defence forces be defined  once and for all. It is the Civil Service which is the culprit. They want control over everything as they feel they are the real rulers of the country and politicians are pilgrims

I agree that the IAS lobby is responsible. Umpteen examples are with me. But the blame comes to Modi, how he did not see the tweaking of the wordings when sanctioning the OROP. 

Thank you said by: rambabu
usha manohar wrote:

There is absolutely no doubt that Armed forces are the backbone of our country and they should be looked after well, both while in service and after ..However, this issue is not a new one, has been there during the previous so many decades. From what I read and perceive talks are on and I guess both sides should take a step forward. What happens in the US is a different matter and it may or may not happen , however, even there the armed forces do have dissatisfaction and the general feeling is that they don't get enough for the service rendered like here !

There is a big difference in the US and India. In the US there is no internal insurrection and no state wants to secede from the Union. Thus their army has a presence in 154 countries of the world. In India we have a insurrection on in nearly 6 states as well as a Maoist rebellion in the heartland. India's unity is at stake unlike in the US. Here the army is the ONLY unifying force and we cant allow it to be a spent force.Just food for thought, no other big power in the world has a insurrection of this magnitude anywhere , whether it is USA, Canada, UK, France, Australia , China and Russia. China and russia have small insurrections but they are ruthlessly controlled.

MG Singh wrote:
vijay wrote:

Why can't the privileges of the defence forces be defined  once and for all. It is the Civil Service which is the culprit. They want control over everything as they feel they are the real rulers of the country and politicians are pilgrims

I agree that the IAS lobby is responsible. Umpteen examples are with me. But the blame comes to Modi, how he did not see the tweaking of the wordings when sanctioning the OROP. 

Modi is at the helm of the affairs. There is no meaning in discussing who is responsible for neglecting the most vital issue related to Armed forces, OROP. At one particular time people thought with time everything will be settled. Now Modi's Government completed Two years. Now the time has come for the Modi Government to see that every issue related to Armed forces are dealt on an urgent basis. He cannot run the Government with a dissatisfied Army.

MG Singh wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

There is absolutely no doubt that Armed forces are the backbone of our country and they should be looked after well, both while in service and after ..However, this issue is not a new one, has been there during the previous so many decades. From what I read and perceive talks are on and I guess both sides should take a step forward. What happens in the US is a different matter and it may or may not happen , however, even there the armed forces do have dissatisfaction and the general feeling is that they don't get enough for the service rendered like here !

There is a big difference in the US and India. In the US there is no internal insurrection and no state wants to secede from the Union. Thus their army has a presence in 154 countries of the world. In India we have a insurrection on in nearly 6 states as well as a Maoist rebellion in the heartland. India's unity is at stake unlike in the US. Here the army is the ONLY unifying force and we cant allow it to be a spent force.Just food for thought, no other big power in the world has a insurrection of this magnitude anywhere , whether it is USA, Canada, UK, France, Australia , China and Russia. China and russia have small insurrections but they are ruthlessly controlled.

Honestly I am unaware of army insurrections in 6 states , please do give more information about this or provide a link since I could not find any, probably not even there on the net ! All that I now is that there is a shortage of staff and at least 50,000 people need to be recruited. I wonder why the previous governments have neglected the army to this extent ? also let the OROP issue left hanging so far ? However, the government has taken steps to create a proper environment to attract more youngsters to the army.

I also agree that local officers along with the bureaucrats for some reason play spoil sport. I know of a recruitment camp held in Mangalore a couple of years back and although there were a few hundred fit and healthy aspirants , only a dozen people were selected although their target was 100...I wonder why they do not let people join in and if later found unsuitable they could be weeded out .

http://indianexpress.com/article/india/armed-forces-face-shortage-of-over-52000-personnel/

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

@ Usha. Insurrection of varying degrees is on in Kashmir, Nagaland, Manipur, Tripura and a lesser extent in Assam (ULFA). I have served in ALL these areas and I haven't left the armed forces long time back. In addition, Maoist control a large tract of rural areas in Chattisgarh , Jharkhand , and lesser extent in MP and Gadchiroli district of Maharashtra. Here the army is not in action.The battle is fought by CRPF and they are a failure. The point I have made is that out of the great powers, only India has a internal insurrection. I remember as late as 2004, I led a heli- gunship against Naga extremists on Burma border, so I talk about a first-hand experience.

Thank you said by: rambabu, usha manohar

Indeed,An invaluable information about insurrections and Uprisings in Kashmir, Nagaland ,Manipur and Tripura. You made the things very clear about who actually was in action. All along, I was thinking that Army was in action in the said regions.I also agree with you that out of the great powers, only India has an internal insurrection. I cannot think anybody who can assess the situation pin pointedly as you. Because you were in the action. Hats off to you.

Thank you said by: MG Singh
MG Singh wrote:

@ Usha. Insurrection of varying degrees is on in Kashmir, Nagaland, Manipur, Tripura and a lesser extent in Assam (ULFA). I have served in ALL these areas and I haven't left the armed forces long time back. In addition, Maoist control a large tract of rural areas in Chattisgarh , Jharkhand , and lesser extent in MP and Gadchiroli district of Maharashtra. Here the army is not in action.The battle is fought by CRPF and they are a failure. The point I have made is that out of the great powers, only India has a internal insurrection. I remember as late as 2004, I led a heli- gunship against Naga extremists on Burma border, so I talk about a first-hand experience.

Any reason why they use Reserve Police instead of armed forces because the Police force may never come anywhere close to army men in both fitness and discipline ! Is it because of shortage or because of the anti propaganda against the army that is being fed by Kashmir people , mainly supporters of terror groups , I would guess ..I guess China is doing quite a bit by helping these groups in the said north eastern states !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
MG Singh wrote:

Any reason why they use Reserve Police instead of armed forces because the Police force may never come anywhere close to army men in both fitness and discipline ! Is it because of shortage or because of the anti propaganda against the army that is being fed by Kashmir people , mainly supporters of terror groups , I would guess ..I guess China is doing quite a bit by helping these groups in the said north eastern states ! 

Very true Usha, the army is not used against Maoists because of political backlash as opposition will say that army is used against 'own people'. Unfortunatly police forces are a failure and I am saddened hundreds are killed by Maoists. Government and Modi have to use the iron fist i.e. the army and give it a free hand , not like in kashmir. China is the big trouble maker and till we match China and over awe Pakistan there wont be respite.

rambabu wrote:

Indeed,An invaluable information about insurrections and Uprisings in Kashmir, Nagaland ,Manipur and Tripura. You made the things very clear about who actually was in action. All along, I was thinking that Army was in action in the said regions.I also agree with you that out of the great powers, only India has an internal insurrection. I cannot think anybody who can assess the situation pin pointedly as you. Because you were in the action. Hats off to you.

Thanks Rambabu. Let me add that all the problems of the North East and Kashmir lie at the doors of the Congress and Nehru. This is sad, but the truth. Had Nehru been a great leader these insurrections would not have taken place. Modi has inherited a bad baggage , but I will say he is the best thing to have happened to India. God save him.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.