Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:
vijay wrote:

When the country is third rate how can sportspersons be first rate? It is unfair expectation. 

we may not make too much expectation but participation is for success. The best thing to do is to send a smaller contingent with extraordinary talent. Select a small team for participation and train best way. Participate in fewer events but excel on them. 

That is a very sensible suggestion, also cut down on all unnecessary personnel who seem to be in greater number than the participants, staying in 5 star luxury at tax payers expense. The same money can be used to give better comfort and facilities for players who are given bare minimum possible ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:
vijay wrote:

When the country is third rate how can sportspersons be first rate? It is unfair expectation. 

we may not make too much expectation but participation is for success. The best thing to do is to send a smaller contingent with extraordinary talent. Select a small team for participation and train best way. Participate in fewer events but excel on them. 

I don't think a smaller contingent is not Possible. Generall a Group of Athletes who take part in Group events or Individual events, Additionally, there are a few players who put up a good show in the last Olympics like Saina. Then some more players who are young and exhibited promising performance like Deepa karmakar cannot be and should not be left behind. And the mandatory Manager and Physio will be there. In total, the minimum size a Group will be 100 athletes. And the group that was sent to Rio is of the same size.

In a lighter vein....astonished.png

13895328 650184751805172 7004173766472027353 n

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

Shampa Sadhya Wrote:

She was literally rude and should be extremely criticised. Such officials should be punished. India going as one unit to Olympics is in reality not a single unit as the officers treat them as subordinates. Such administrators should be kicked out.

Is she an administrator with the Olympics team? Now this is a new one for me. What are her qualifications exactly to be in that role? Or even to make such comments about the players? I really wonder!

Kalyani, my comment was made on the basis of @usha manohar's comment where she mentioned about officials going to Rio in business class whereas a lone participant travelled in economy class. Shobha De is another issue.   

shampasaid

usha manohar wrote:

This is nothing as my Golden Baba was wearing more than 15.5 kg of gold while passing through in front of my house with his Kanwar yatra party on July 30. He can out-weight all the gold medalists at olympics easily.

Goldenbaba

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

suni51 wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

This is nothing as my Golden Baba was wearing more than 15.5 kg of gold while passing through in front of my house with his Kanwar yatra party on July 30. He can out-weight all the gold medalists at olympics easily.

Goldenbaba

Pathetic! What a comic figure he cuts and calls himself a baba added to which he has protection,probably for the gold and enough mindless people who follow him!!!

With so much gold alreadyy in our country why are some members arguing for slight more gold!!

Most unsportsmanlike moment..

13900315 10155273924302316 3873911323009117309 n

usha manohar wrote:

Most unsportsmanlike moment..

13900315 10155273924302316 3873911323009117309 n

Well, he truly made his country lose face in front of the world. Sports is supposed to be an event showcases your sporting skills and talents in addition to your country's culture, integrity and all those values. Very unsportsmanlike!

Save

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.