Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

In mens hockey it was Germany that won against India not Britain... it almost looks as if we may win just the odd bronze medal  if at all

Game of India was not poor against Germany, they scored victory gol in last 3 seconds.

We need to find excuses no doubt, however it goes to show how much importance our previous governments have given for the sporting events other than cricket ! It makes you feel ashamed to think that even a developing nation like Thailand which relies heavily on tourism for its income ,managed to get 4 medals already ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Shampa Sadhya Wrote:

She was literally rude and should be extremely criticised. Such officials should be punished. India going as one unit to Olympics is in reality not a single unit as the officers treat them as subordinates. Such administrators should be kicked out.

Is she an administrator with the Olympics team? Now this is a new one for me. What are her qualifications exactly to be in that role? Or even to make such comments about the players? I really wonder!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

In mens hockey it was Germany that won against India not Britain... it almost looks as if we may win just the odd bronze medal  if at all

Game of India was not poor against Germany, they scored victory gol in last 3 seconds.

We need to find excuses no doubt, however it goes to show how much importance our previous governments have given for the sporting events other than cricket ! It makes you feel ashamed to think that even a developing nation like Thailand which relies heavily on tourism for its income ,managed to get 4 medals already ..

Yes most of sports lover are feeling ashamed. India is country where all polices changed with change of government, so here long term plan for sports activities is impossible.

Frankly sports is a matter of shame for the country as we can win just a medal or two with a population of 1200 million and China with a similar populations wins 400. The reason is the poor national health and diet. So at the grassroots, there is no protein and nourishing food. That's why I say first feed the people before grandiose projects like the bullet train and Mars probe.

MG Singh wrote:

Frankly sports is a matter of shame for the country as we can win just a medal or two with a population of 1200 million and China with a similar populations wins 400. The reason is the poor national health and diet. So at the grassroots, there is no protein and nourishing food. That's why I say first feed the people before grandiose projects like the bullet train and Mars probe.

I agree with you. It's only when Olympics come once in Four years, we talk about,Population- size of the country -No. of Medals etc. Once the Olympics are over, again, the issue goes back to square no. 1.

My question is, why all these thoughts will surface up only when the issue comes and stands before you ? I'm of the opinion, instead of solving the problem just on the surface, ignoring the roots, will never never solve such issues.

Now as you said,  the system should be made stronger and healthier  from the foundation itself. A Healthy Nation alone can bring out the excellence from its citizens. First things first. The Country has to be very specific about its preferences and Objectives. Then  things will fall out in to their respective places like in a Jigsaw Puzzle.

MG Singh wrote:

I agree with you that poor diet is behind our failures on the international sports scene. In spite of India claiming to become a superpower, there are many identified regions with malnutrition still existing. But for that issue to be addressed, simply taking off investments from science and developments projects will not help any how. The poor people, instead of spending money on proper food, still prefer to spend money on Bollywood tickets. Otherwise, why would stupid and totally horrible movies like Sultan, Kabali etc. do business worth Rs. 100 crores in just 2-3 weeks? Even if money is taken off of such projects, what guarantee is there that it would reach the poor? Already children from poor families are getting (or not) the midday meals, a major portion of which, goes into the pockets of contractors and corrupt officials.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Can anything be more embarrassing and annoying than this? On the one hand our contestants are yet to show results and we have this kind of behavior which is typical of our politicians s and this is not the first time this is happening either since the mindset has been stamped since a few decades , shameful ! It is good that now with the media exposure this is has been highlighted..

http://m.timesofindia.com/sports/rio-2016-olympics/india-in-olympics-2016/miscellaneous/Rio-2016-Organizers-threaten-to-cancel-Sports-Minister-Vijay-Goels-pass-over-rude-and-aggressive-assistants/articleshow/53658413.cms

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

But some of our respected members will still think that medal is not important but participation is as good as winning medals. That means all the countries doing all the hard work and spending lots of monies are fools. They do not look at the motto of the Olympics nor respect it but try to grab as many meddles as they can. THEY ARE SELFISH WHO DO NOT RESPECT THE VERY AIM OF THE OLYMPIC GAMES. 

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

When the country is third rate how can sportspersons be first rate? It is unfair expectation. 

vijay wrote:

When the country is third rate how can sportspersons be first rate? It is unfair expectation. 

we may not make too much expectation but participation is for success. The best thing to do is to send a smaller contingent with extraordinary talent. Select a small team for participation and train best way. Participate in fewer events but excel on them. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.