Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
usha manohar wrote:
MG Singh wrote:

A revolution is a mass movement. Our democracy is flawed as voters are misled and 75% are uneducated and living hand to mouth existence. Such improvised people cannot have a revolution by vote. More they will vote for a man who gives them some money and food that day. No wonder so many convicted and corrupt win elections.

Funnily enough even Congress party speaks about how Modi is not caring about the vast majority of poverty stricken people of the nation, shame on them for having kept the vast majority poor after ruling the nation for 70 years. Either their leader is totally unaware of facts or too stupid to know the kind of statements he makes which actually throws spotlight on their own past performance

Ha ha ha! Congress had and still has to an extent, so much control over these very same people that they though Indira was their goddess and savior and many even thought that she was immortal, for many older people among them thought Indira to be the PM of India for many years after her death too! That is what I just asked in another thread, what did congress do for 70 years that their basic agenda still is poverty, unemployment etc,

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

We should not have any problem or doubt about that as party affiliation very much demands being loyal to party lines.  But at the same time the party should realize that it will never help their cause. 

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Modi is a global leader of overseas Indians in India 

Cane across the following write up online , pretty much sums up and is a balanced view as to why Modi is liked by the majority..

It’s 2018. Four years have passed since Narendra Modi came in power with a perfect majority. He came in with a vision. He sold a dream to the citizen of India. Pretty much like Reagan did in the 1980s in the US. Indians bought that dream. Much water has flown since then.

The Modi government has done a pretty decent job. India’s foreign policy department has been a hit. A fresh change from UPA’s crap, half-baked, idealistic policies. There have been major taxation reforms like GST, etc. Major policies like Ujala, Jan Dhan, among various others have been implemented which has gave the commoners a huge benefit. Infrastructure has got a major boost under Modi’s reign. Civil Aviation policies have been created and implemented. The process of privatisation of Air India has been initiated. Efforts have been made to digitalise the economy and making it more transparent and corruption free. Villages have been electrified at a rapid rate. The list continues.

There have been missed opportunities for sure. But at least this man has shown some intent to do things which no one previously showed. This man’s vision of India is what a majority of Indians believe in. Powerful, aggressive, entrepreneurial. We don’t wanna elect visionless, aimless, elitist wussies again. We’ve done that mistake and that has costed us big for decades. I firmly believe that no administration can be judged in a single term. It must get at least two terms. People don’t want to go back to the days of confusion politics in India. They want a leader who will drive the car. We’ve got one. And as much as one wants to deny it, Modi remains the most popular leader of India. So far he’s done a decent job. That’s why people still believe in Modi and hopefully will give him another term.

Edit: many have commented that I've discredited all the previous administration and their contribution to the country's progress. Certainly not. But at the same time it should also be kept in mind that Modi inherited a huge mess from the coalition administrations of the past. He has tactically modified several half baked policies of the past and successfully implemented them. I’ve disabled comments because the section is flooded with the same name calling, hateful Modi bashing, condescending comments which leaves no space for rational constructive argument.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar, Arunima Singh

I think the writer has summed up the general sentiment, but Modi is fighting with one hand tied behind his back. The reason is the backlog left by the Congress right from the days of Nehru, is so large that it will need surgery-a severe one. Modi has to weld the knife and that includes some stupid chaps riding along with him. Its a big task and Modi has the chance. he should not fail history.

Modi has got a lot of mess to clean up that he has got from last administration. Though opposition has tried a lot to malign his image, he is still the favourite of majority. But that should keep him in check as people of lot of expectation from him. He should not get involved in verbal spat and mud slinging with others and should focus more on administration than on propaganda

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Modi was elected because he promised radical changes. Constantly blaming previous government shows helplessness. He should act rather than keep reacting.

Same is true for every elected leader anywhere in the world. However, in a democracy things are not as easy as for Putin In Russia or She Jinping in China. Elected leaders have to face a stiff opposition from opposition even it's for the opposition only. But yes, a little more was desired from Modi at a faster rate. 

This is an example interesting read..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

I would like to add the latest development - Today Akhilesh Yadav and Mayavati (SP and BSP) have decided to fight jointly against BJP to stop Modi in coming by-elections . I would also like to remind that Mayavati was attacked by SP workers in a guest house when she was in coalition with SP. BJP workers came for her rescue that day otherwise Mayavati would be no more to see this day (according to Mayavati)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.