Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Coming back to the topic , I see that most BSNL employees are against privatization probably because they fear losing their jobs . I however feel it is unfair to say that they don't work hard because they do put in  the required number of hours . I see that in private concerns it is a different work culture , more target based within a time frame which in the long run can drain a person out . We hear of stress based ailments both physical and mental with regard to IT employees , all because of work pressure which is constant. They are expected to work far more than what they are paid .

Yes working in private sector is not easy. Not only only IT all field have typical working condition. My son is working in ICICI bank, he have too much work load. Duty time is 9 AM to 6 PM. But he is working till the 9 PM and some more. They have not right to join any employee association. Pay is good one but structure is not good one.

It is stressful work that is bound to cause health issues in the long run ..there are numerous complaints already with IT personnel with regard to both mental stress causing unhappiness and health issues. A balance between the two sectors would be far more healthier and productive.

Yes work is too much stressful in private sector. They have not right to speak. Employers are not careful for health of employees.

I think again the clarity on BSNL will come by June, after the new government settles in as to whether BSNL will move forward or will dissolve, which is very unlikely.

Till then all are just speculations as there are contradictory news cropping up, with different sections of Government and BSNL presenting opposite news.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

epraneeth77 wrote:

I think again the clarity on BSNL will come by June, after the new government settles in as to whether BSNL will move forward or will dissolve, which is very unlikely.

Till then all are just speculations as there are contradictory news cropping up, with different sections of Government and BSNL presenting opposite news.

Yes matter will settle by new government. But I am not in favor of close to BSNL

anil wrote:
epraneeth77 wrote:

Yes matter will settle by new government. But I am not in favor of close to BSNL

There are tens of BSNL Employee Unions, so it will not be easy to close it. Also BSNL serves some government sectors or their utilities so complete closure of BSNL is not at all possible.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

BSNL did its best and it was only reliable, genuine provider before all the rest came into telecom industry.  Probably because of improper admin capabilities it has lost its charm in the current market.

Loses for the company, eventually many suffering employees and of course the customers already very very few though. It is wise for the to satisfy their employees and either merge with other telecom provider or total privatization can help to some extent for the survival of the brand.

IMG 20190414 231558

epraneeth77 wrote:
anil wrote:
epraneeth77 wrote:

There are tens of BSNL Employee Unions, so it will not be easy to close it. Also BSNL serves some government sectors or their utilities so complete closure of BSNL is not at all possible.

It is better to make some efforts to make it a profitable company than closing it.

anil wrote:
epraneeth77 wrote:
anil wrote:
epraneeth77 wrote:

It is better to make some efforts to make it a profitable company than closing it.

I think it all depends on whether the new government will give 4g to BSNL or not. That is the main point of contention. Its been many months and no firm decision is taken on this regard. If it is not given 4g, the stocks of the company will slip down further and at an expeditious pace.

epraneeth77 wrote:
anil wrote:
epraneeth77 wrote:
anil wrote:
epraneeth77 wrote:

I think it all depends on whether the new government will give 4g to BSNL or not. That is the main point of contention. Its been many months and no firm decision is taken on this regard. If it is not given 4g, the stocks of the company will slip down further and at an expeditious pace.

Solving problem of BSNL is in agenda of present government. If BJP will come back than I am hoping that it will do some to save BSNL.

anil wrote:
epraneeth77 wrote:
anil wrote:
epraneeth77 wrote:
anil wrote:
epraneeth77 wrote:

Solving problem of BSNL is in agenda of present government. If BJP will come back than I am hoping that it will do some to save BSNL.

Till now, neither UPA nor NDA has done anything noteworthy for BSNL. They have always favoured others and put BSNL in losses. Now they are not even supporting it to be funded even thought the Debts of the Company are the lowest among telecom sector.

Jio has been favoured by NDA, though it might be in the interest of the Nation, it is important to grant a level ground for BSNL by giving it 4g services to compete on a healthy competition. That is the basic requirement.

Also BSNL & MTNL, both were formed from the employees of DOT(Department of Telecom), at that time an agreement was made with Government that BSNL will be taken care by government and all the necessary support will be given by the government to BSNL in any situation. But that has not been the case so far.

Contract employees are set to lose jobs now in BSNL.

https://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/Thiruvananthapuram/hundreds-of-bsnl-contract-staff-set-to-lose-jobs/article27073821.ece

It is a good thing that Airtel, Vodafone, Idea, Jio and BSNL have merged networks in Cyclone affected area to provide uninterrupted service.

https://www.news18.com/news/tech/cyclone-fani-airtel-vodafone-idea-jio-and-bsnl-have-merged-networks-in-odisha-2133231.html

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.