Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
That's indeed,true! Our system is outdated and it needs a thorough overhaul.
Who studies for knowledge? These 4 year of B.tech,i have learned various things,but those knowledge,goes away from our mind,as each semester pass by.

Its that Goal,to get so and so marks,gives you an hunger to study. So,that should be there.

Let us agree to disagree!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Chinmoyjee you are very clever.

I have not tried to be clever. I just made comments based on experience. Marks are supposed to be indicators of one's depth of knowledge. Though not true all the time! Wearing royal robes won't make one a king or queen! We are respected or disrespected for our knowledge and ignorance, here marks won't take one too far!! It is truer in the case of applied fields like science,technology and medicine. An engineer has to deliver on the filed and he or she can't hide behind marks for non-performance!

You are write sir,MARKS.Marks is the only problem in our country. Everyone in the race to get marks. If we won't get marks we won't get a good job.But,what about the talent,which that person has,his capability,his ability.
Let me tell whatever i studied in 4 years in B.tech,most of thing was the waste,to be an software engineer,i don't need the knowledge of chemistry,physics,Drawing,microprocessor,Electronics extra and extra. I just need the knowledge of Languages like JAVA,C,C++,ASP,PHP. That's it !
Ask any software engineer,he will tell thesethings which i am telling.
What a system of education we are having ? I am frustrated.
Only the studies,which come in final year is more important and would be useful in future.

Of course, I agree with you.

Watch 3 idiots 100 times....it may help you :P :P :P

Ok...coming to our Topic.......yes....present technology is based on JAVA and NET s/w. But I was trying to solve a microprocessor problem in my 4th semester and Fortran in first semester, which is not at all used in any s/w firm. Java also, I have done for only one semester. While I did final project in J2EE, I have to study it from outside.
Also, an important problem faced by IT professionals is they get only a basic knowledge and program logic at their academy studies.....which are not at all implemented in any time later. When a company recruits some person, he is given practical knowledge of a new s/w.
Also, if we want job in a good company we should study Main frame, PHP or anything from another s/w institution paying 1000s or lakhs. Otherwise, (In technopark, TVM) we have to work 1 year free giving 1 lakh or 2 lakh to study a new s/w and doing their project without getting any remuneration in return :(

Meera sandhu
I think both are required as no body can learn anything without a Guru.One has to have someone who can teach him the basics rest is self study. :)
I think both are required as no body can learn anything without a Guru.One has to have someone who can teach him the basics rest is self study. :)

But I don't think, nowadays, students get that basics from colleges..... :huh:

Meera sandhu

But I don't think, nowadays, students get that basics from colleges..... :huh:

It depends on college to college.But in colleges Gurus don't teach much and students nave to do self study more. :)
Some times one feels lost even in real life while there is no one around to guide him. A teacher is must for proper guidance.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Not in study in life also everyone require someone who can guide them when they need it. :)
Not in study in life also everyone require someone who can guide them when they need it. :)

One can not learn technical subjects which need so many clarification and guidance without an instructor.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

As I perceive it, the whole problem stems from the fact that students these days rely more on notes and suggestion and these make them perpetually dependent on their tutors and that effectively destroys one's creativity and originality.
Some subjects can study self but some subjects we cannot study self.

Earn money just for joining in this site.

http://www.money-friends.net/users/profile/en/155119.html

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.