Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
self study is better for indepth study...every teacher only teaches what is known to her....but in self study..you can study that topic hard and strong...
someone can teach you but untill and unless you take interest in it and develop an insight ,you cannot know anything in deep and cannot remember as well. so self study accompanied by a external help would work wonders.
Both are important in a student life.

EVery student will fell this in his student life.

Earn money just for joining in this site.

http://www.money-friends.net/users/profile/en/155119.html

yes, sasikanth you are right. After we listern to classes then also we need to do self study because we can 20% knowledge from teacher but remaining 80% we need to gain by our self

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

Very good question asked.According to me guidance is must but without self study or practice how can we prepare ourselves for examination and learn the topics.The difficult topics like Stem and Leaf Plot which our teacher teaches in school,he just think that he has done his job but our job starts from there to revise it and then queries arises in our mind about it.This is a very good pattern of teaching.
A teacher provides us the knowledge but self study helps in application of that knowledge and I think proper application of knowledge is more important then merely gaining it.So tought study is essential no doubt but self study is a must.
Does self study is best or the studies taught by teacher or someone who is educated is best ?

I feel both. because the teacher which taught will be 20% only remaining by basing on this 20% we need to do self study. so what you will say friends?

If the teacher is good, he can learn maximum from him itself. Only a less effort will be needed later. Remember Gurukula system...students grasp everything from Guru's mouth....the time when paper was not discovered. they used leaves to keep notes.

Many students are there who attend classes very well. They will need only a little effort at home to learn them. Otherwise, he has to start from the beginning

Meera sandhu
Self-study forms an important element of our educative process. Looking to the teacher all the time for one's educational needs is dangerous thing!
A teacher can only guide a student.But in order to really learn things, a student needs self study. He/she needs to be curious about what the teacher has taught.
Combined study can also help a lot. At my PG exam time, we friends used to gather at anyone's home to study. It helps us a lot....at least we will spend time before the books than sleeping.

Meera sandhu
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.