Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Nowadays there are libraries on wheels which comes to your door step.We have one that comes once every week, on a modified tempo with book shelves all round it and one can go in and select the books of ones choice.I am pleasantly surprised to see the positive response from my neighborhood... :) One can borrow 3 books per week paying a flat rate of Rs 100 or one book for Rs 40 which is good ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

[quote]Libraries are the store of various book.In library we can get various types of books.Libraries are a quiet place where people came to read books and collect different books and gain knowledge.

Really Sharmishtha???? :blink: :blink: :unsure:

See! The spamming has started already!!

LOL :laugh: ..

Of late it is difficult to come across any reading room/library where one had to pay a nominal fees and could spend hours together browsing through the book shelves,read...People have no time during weekends for such activities I guess, so most of them have closed down.We had one here at Mangalore run by some private industrialist and I remember it used to be packed a decade ago when I used to take my children there ..but now it has closed down ... Another reason could be that people are more affluent these days and can afford to buy books rather than take the trouble of going to libraries !!!

Here in Pune we have many clubs and libraries like that where you can get yourself registered with nominal annual fees and can get excellent books. We have British library here whose collection is also good. Indeed such libraries are getting less day by day because of pirated books being available at very low cost..[/quote]

PUneet, its nice to know you are from Pune too!! Yes the BCL has an extremely good collection of books!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Nowadays there are libraries on wheels which comes to your door step.We have one that comes once every week, on a modified tempo with book shelves all round it and one can go in and select the books of ones choice.I am pleasantly surprised to see the positive response from my neighborhood... :) One can borrow 3 books per week paying a flat rate of Rs 100 or one book for Rs 40 which is good ...

Mobile libraries are quite good and convenient, but the one in my neighborhood closed down for lack of enough members! With only a handful, they couldn't afford to operate it any more! :(

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Mobile libraries are quite good and convenient, but the one in my neighborhood closed down for lack of enough members! With only a handful, they couldn't afford to operate it any more! :(

Oh thats sad! Even here we had one years ago which just vanished because of lack of response.Now this one has been started by a retired Police Inspector who wanted to use his vast collection of books and he has an impressive collection...still new, so we will have to wait and see how it goes !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Library is a place of books.Various types of books are available in the library.We can get to read many old books where we can learn about our ancient history.

Sharmistha Banerjee
How many of you still like to visit libraries?
I love libraries and like to read different kind of books. Library not only provide books or educational learning but also provides a peace of silence which you dont get anywhere. But in the era of e-books ,libraries are extinguished. I wish our government start some libraries in the town, it would be real help for people who likes reading .
What are your views?

I love spending time in libraries with books,magazines,newspapers which make me gain knowledge.

Born to express, not to impress.
http://royalrobsideas.blogspot.in/
Library is a place of books.Various types of books are available in the library.We can get to read many old books where we can learn about our ancient history.

I am living alone. I am not at my hometown. So my prime time pass is at libraries.

Government libraries are the gift of every human being. We can utilize it fully.

http://rebacca-vethathiri.blogspot.in/
I like Connemara Public Library which is located at Egmore, Chennai. Lots of books are there.

I like Connemara Public Library which is located at Egmore, Chennai. Lots of books are there.

I heard about connemara public library. But have not yet visited it. It has is several years history.

http://rebacca-vethathiri.blogspot.in/
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.