The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

@Kalyani... I agree with you. In any case, opening articles just for getting points is not proper thing either it break the rules or not. 

ANDROIOS: http://androios-tweaks.blogspot.com
Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
AKP wrote:

@Kalyani... I agree with you. In any case, opening articles just for getting points is not proper thing either it break the rules or not. 

Thanks Anand! Of course, when some one comes along and earns points by unscrupulous means when you yourself are putting a lot of time and energy, then it becomes quite upsetting !

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: rambabu
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
AKP wrote:

Thanks Anand! Of course, when some one comes along and earns points by unscrupulous means when you yourself are putting a lot of time and energy, then it becomes quite upsetting !

Very true. Ultimately , it's the sincere member who loses.

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Mousumi Ghosh wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

I am inspired and motivated to great extent. I will certainly try to follow suggestions made by experienced members :)

I too feel quite inspired a lot! :) Really very insightful suggestions and thoughts of some, quite enlightening to say the least.

@All members of boddunan, although Sunil has [posted the topic in the humor category, I feel that those who missed the irony behind it are actually a bit silly (no offense intended). But seriously., is it right to simply keep clicking on articles just to stay on the top???

@ Mousumi, this issue very very old and has been raised many many times, you might have missed those times since you have questioned why it has never been raised. Many members know and have always taken part during those times. Also raising such a question does mean finding fault with those who do it. It is matter of ethics and nothing else.

I do understand the importance of ethics and although the post is under humour, it is ironical which is obvious. Hence, my response this this thread was on a serious note. Also, it is important to stay on the top for points eventually make you member of the week, for which we get money. So anything is fair in war, love, and Boddunan, unless and until any of the members are breaking a rule. If no.of articles are restricted to a minimum per day, I suggest the Admin to go ahead and do so- I hope everybody would be happy. But still it will not encourage everyone to read every article. But sometimes weekend is the only time people can become active on Boddunan and it may not be possible to remain active otherwise. In that case clicking on articles becomes and remains the only way out to get points. On second thought we should have something else added, any other activity which will help us score points other than reading articles, and participating in forums and answering questions. What say?

In effect, what you are suggesting that clicking articles indiscriminately to earn points in order to stay on top is right? It may not be illegal as you suggest, but it is certainly not the honest and the correct means to earn points and money here. The very action defeats a lot of things, even if rules are not broken. The first thing that the person breaks by doing so is trust of others and his own credibility. Do you seriously think that people who go through 200 articles or such are actually reading it?  Such people are and will always be frowned upon here by us and the members who take trouble of logging in every day and putting time and energy. People who stay away for the entire week and then show up on weekends frantically clicking article links to earn points to make up for the week are DEFINITELY NOT WELCOME here. I know not everyone has time to come every day and put in efforts, but if they cannot do an honest day's work are not welcome here. That is for sure and I cannot speak for others but I am confident that most including other moderators agree with me.

I never said that is right, but only the admin can take measures like I have suggested that he may include other activities or restrict the no.of articles one can read to stop mis-utilization of the so called points system. Logging in everyday without actually participating in forum activities or reading article or any other thing is also not a good thing or is it?

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Mousumi Ghosh wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Mousumi Ghosh wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

I am inspired and motivated to great extent. I will certainly try to follow suggestions made by experienced members :)

I too feel quite inspired a lot! :) Really very insightful suggestions and thoughts of some, quite enlightening to say the least.

@All members of boddunan, although Sunil has [posted the topic in the humor category, I feel that those who missed the irony behind it are actually a bit silly (no offense intended). But seriously., is it right to simply keep clicking on articles just to stay on the top???

@ Mousumi, this issue very very old and has been raised many many times, you might have missed those times since you have questioned why it has never been raised. Many members know and have always taken part during those times. Also raising such a question does mean finding fault with those who do it. It is matter of ethics and nothing else.

I do understand the importance of ethics and although the post is under humour, it is ironical which is obvious. Hence, my response this this thread was on a serious note. Also, it is important to stay on the top for points eventually make you member of the week, for which we get money. So anything is fair in war, love, and Boddunan, unless and until any of the members are breaking a rule. If no.of articles are restricted to a minimum per day, I suggest the Admin to go ahead and do so- I hope everybody would be happy. But still it will not encourage everyone to read every article. But sometimes weekend is the only time people can become active on Boddunan and it may not be possible to remain active otherwise. In that case clicking on articles becomes and remains the only way out to get points. On second thought we should have something else added, any other activity which will help us score points other than reading articles, and participating in forums and answering questions. What say?

In effect, what you are suggesting that clicking articles indiscriminately to earn points in order to stay on top is right? It may not be illegal as you suggest, but it is certainly not the honest and the correct means to earn points and money here. The very action defeats a lot of things, even if rules are not broken. The first thing that the person breaks by doing so is trust of others and his own credibility. Do you seriously think that people who go through 200 articles or such are actually reading it?  Such people are and will always be frowned upon here by us and the members who take trouble of logging in every day and putting time and energy. People who stay away for the entire week and then show up on weekends frantically clicking article links to earn points to make up for the week are DEFINITELY NOT WELCOME here. I know not everyone has time to come every day and put in efforts, but if they cannot do an honest day's work are not welcome here. That is for sure and I cannot speak for others but I am confident that most including other moderators agree with me.

I never said that is right, but only the admin can take measures like I have suggested that he may include other activities or restrict the no.of articles one can read to stop mis-utilization of the so called points system. Logging in everyday without actually participating in forum activities or reading article or any other thing is also not a good thing or is it?

Not a good thing of course. But for whom it;s not 'Good thing"? It is for those sincere and honest members.

Even with all the good things made available in the site, Unscrupulous members continue their activities for ever.

Instead, I suggest, Those who click on the articles continuously without any Forum activity, should be immediately sent home.

rambabu wrote:
Mousumi Ghosh wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Mousumi Ghosh wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

Not a good thing of course. But for whom it;s not 'Good thing"? It is for those sincere and honest members.

Even with all the good things made available in the site, Unscrupulous members continue their activities for ever.

Instead, I suggest, Those who click on the articles continuously without any Forum activity, should be immediately sent home.

No need to send them home or even bother. They have no option but to go home once they have read all articles. Thereafter either they participate or go. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:
rambabu wrote:
Mousumi Ghosh wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Mousumi Ghosh wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

No need to send them home or even bother. They have no option but to go home once they have read all articles. Thereafter either they participate or go. 

True. After reading all articles, they cut a sorry figure. That itself acts as a punishment.

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

Reading articles is neither a sin nor an undesired activity but clicking on links without even opening the pages is certainly not ethical. It hurts honest members' sentiments who contribute to see themselves either at the bottom or nowhere in the list at all.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Honest and sincere members who toil will be dejected, which ultimately may lead to aversion towards the site itself.

If the sole aim of a member is to gain points by any unfair means, he is knowingly or unknowingly degrading himself by throwing away all ethics into the air. When such a person criticizes the ethics of a society, during a discussion, he will cut himself a sorry figure in front of others.  

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.