Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
@Maverick, the points for using Quote while replying to forums are not getting updated, I noticed that yesterday!!
Does the message contain min 50 characters, excluding the quoted message?

Does it mean, from now onwards, we won't get points if our responses don't contain minimum 50 characters? :whistle: :whistle:

Sandhya, that was always the case even before this, posts containing less than 50 characters never got points.

Now,I hope that the number of minimum characters required are increased now to stop spamming!

I never noted it before.
Also, hoping you have seen my reply to Gulshanji.
It's sure, it has less than 50 characters. But it got points. I checked. :whistle: :whistle:

Even if we are getting points for such posts which have lesser words, I would strongly suggest administration to make it mandatory to make the answer/post look like a proper post.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

@Maverick, the points for using Quote while replying to forums are not getting updated, I noticed that yesterday!!

Does it mean, from now onwards, we won't get points if our responses don't contain minimum 50 characters? :whistle: :whistle:

Sandhya, that was always the case even before this, posts containing less than 50 characters never got points.

Now,I hope that the number of minimum characters required are increased now to stop spamming!

I never noted it before.
It's sure, it has less than 50 characters. But it got points. I checked. :whistle: :whistle:

Even if we are getting points for such posts which have lesser words, I would strongly suggest administration to make it mandatory to make the answer/post look like a proper post.

yes, sometimes even 10-15 characters can pass a complete information and adding more words can cause loss of beauty of the post. In such cases, responses should be approved. I think so.
From a reply itself, we can note it easily.

Meera sandhu

I never noted it before.

yes, sometimes even 10-15 characters can pass a complete information and adding more words can cause loss of beauty of the post. In such cases, responses should be approved. I think so.

Sandhay, points are added automatically and not manually, therefore it will credit 5 points only on the basis of characters, while some posts with lesser characters may indeed convey what is needed but then sometimes individuals will have to bear loss of 5 points occasionally then.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I never noted it before.

okay, I accept the beauty. :)

Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani

I never noted it before.

Although using less than fifty characters may many time be better, yet rules must be fool proof and as far as possible strictly adhered to. We are working in computerized environment where human intervention is a must. Usually our posts get points. There is no harm if some posts containing less characters do not get points. Even these count towards number of posts and upgrade in the forum as 'emperor' etc.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani

I never noted it before.

Sandhay, points are added automatically and not manually, therefore it will credit 5 points only on the basis of characters, while some posts with lesser characters may indeed convey what is needed but then sometimes individuals will have to bear loss of 5 points occasionally then.

If I understand the meaning well, this is a kind of message that says, such posts would be deleted in the future if this move comes into force.

I never noted it before.

If I understand the meaning well, this is a kind of message that says, such posts would be deleted in the future if this move comes into force.

yet, manually, it's a difficult task to perform..... :S :S :S :S :S :S

Meera sandhu

I never noted it before.

Deleting them from the system is not good instead system should be like they are not credited points on those posts and there shoould be a warning from admin to that memeber if he/she frequently does it. Of course there is difference in spamming.Sometimes I don't have much to write on particular thread in that case I would not be complaining if I am not given the points but of course if I spam then I must be given a warning. :blink:

I never noted it before.

Deleting them from the system is not good instead system should be like they are not credited points on those posts and there shoould be a warning from admin to that memeber if he/she frequently does it. Of course there is difference in spamming.Sometimes I don't have much to write on particular thread in that case I would not be complaining if I am not given the points but of course if I spam then I must be given a warning. :blink:

You should have known the system well before making this suggestion, this site is managed manually and the suggestion would not work here. I think once they specified a rule it says all, there is no need of warning. Deletion is the best warning.

mAVERICK, How do we add a file when we are replying in forums?

I am sorry but i havent been able to do 'add a file'.... please help!

Swetha Shenoy
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.