Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
mAVERICK, How do we add a file when we are replying in forums?

I am sorry but i havent been able to do 'add a file'.... please help!

Now it's not possible Swetha. Wait with patience. That feature will be back :)

Meera sandhu
@Maverick, the points for using Quote while replying to forums are not getting updated, I noticed that yesterday!!
Does the message contain min 50 characters, excluding the quoted message?

Does it mean, from now onwards, we won't get points if our responses don't contain minimum 50 characters? :whistle: :whistle:

Sandhya, that was always the case even before this, posts containing less than 50 characters never got points.

Now,I hope that the number of minimum characters required are increased now to stop spamming!

I never noted it before.
Also, hoping you have seen my reply to Gulshanji.
It's sure, it has less than 50 characters. But it got points. I checked. :whistle: :whistle:

Even if we are getting points for such posts which have lesser words, I would strongly suggest administration to make it mandatory to make the answer/post look like a proper post.

yes, sometimes even 10-15 characters can pass a complete information and adding more words can cause loss of beauty of the post. In such cases, responses should be approved. I think so.
From a reply itself, we can note it easily.

Sandhay, points are added automatically and not manually, therefore it will credit 5 points only on the basis of characters, while some posts with lesser characters may indeed convey what is needed but then sometimes individuals will have to bear loss of 5 points occasionally then.

If I understand the meaning well, this is a kind of message that says, such posts would be deleted in the future if this move comes into force.

Oh NO! I should have worded my post better, what I meant is that sometimes the replies can be very short and yet not amount to spam. In that case, the poster gets only the added count of the post but not the points for that post since the character count is not met. Such posts need not be deleted. The ones that will be deleted will be unncecessary thank you, nice information, meaningless smileys etc.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

@Maverick, the points for using Quote while replying to forums are not getting updated, I noticed that yesterday!!

Does it mean, from now onwards, we won't get points if our responses don't contain minimum 50 characters? :whistle: :whistle:

Sandhya, that was always the case even before this, posts containing less than 50 characters never got points.

Now,I hope that the number of minimum characters required are increased now to stop spamming!

I never noted it before.
It's sure, it has less than 50 characters. But it got points. I checked. :whistle: :whistle:

Even if we are getting points for such posts which have lesser words, I would strongly suggest administration to make it mandatory to make the answer/post look like a proper post.

yes, sometimes even 10-15 characters can pass a complete information and adding more words can cause loss of beauty of the post. In such cases, responses should be approved. I think so.

Sandhay, points are added automatically and not manually, therefore it will credit 5 points only on the basis of characters, while some posts with lesser characters may indeed convey what is needed but then sometimes individuals will have to bear loss of 5 points occasionally then.

If I understand the meaning well, this is a kind of message that says, such posts would be deleted in the future if this move comes into force.

Oh NO! I should have worded my post better, what I meant is that sometimes the replies can be very short and yet not amount to spam. In that case, the poster gets only the added count of the post but not the points for that post since the character count is not met. Such posts need not be deleted. The ones that will be deleted will be unncecessary thank you, nice information, meaningless smileys etc.

I think there is much more to add but I shall wait until the new rules come in to force and site goes fully functional. Perhaps that would be a turning point for and beginning of a new era.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

I never noted it before.

I think there is much more to add but I shall wait until the new rules come in to force and site goes fully functional. Perhaps that would be a turning point for and beginning of a new era.

Well, that is there!! Let us all hope that it does indeed is a new beginning for all!!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I never noted it before.

I am waiting for the revised rules hope they get implemented here soon which may life this site higher. :)
Let me put forward a suggestion. If admin likes it, he can implement . :)

Now, we are able to post 5 articles per day.....i.e. 35 articles per week. It's true, it's not easy to write more than 5 good quality articles a day. What am asking is, is it possible to restructure the article submission rule to 35 articles per week instead of 5 articles a day :unsure: :unsure: ??
By this way, a person gets the benefit of submitting more than 5 articles a day. It may be helpful for those members who are able to browse, only once or twice in a week. By this way, he can submit articles up to 35 in a week (taking his own time) without any restriction. :) :)

Meera sandhu
Thank you said by: Sasikanth

Now, we are able to post 5 articles per day.....i.e. 35 articles per week. It's true, it's not easy to write more than 5 good quality articles a day. What am asking is, is it possible to restructure the article submission rule to 35 articles per week instead of 5 articles a day :unsure: :unsure: ??
By this way, a person gets the benefit of submitting more than 5 articles a day. It may be helpful for those members who are able to browse, only once or twice in a week. By this way, he can submit articles up to 35 in a week (taking his own time) without any restriction. :) :)
Sandhya, the restriction was imposed not only to maintain the quality of the articles but also to give the editors sufficient time to review. If we allow per week basis, all users tend to submit articles on weekend which will create problems.

When opportunity is in front of you, don't hesitate to catch it. It will never come to you again. - Maverick

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

Sandhya, the restriction was imposed not only to maintain the quality of the articles but also to give the editors sufficient time to review. If we allow per week basis, all users tend to submit articles on weekend which will create problems.

But Sir that thing won't effect as in a week too a member will be allowed to write 35 articles.That's I thiink is a good suggestion because there are few members who don't log in to the site more often.

:blink:
Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani

But Sir that thing won't effect as in a week too a member will be allowed to write 35 articles.That's I thiink is a good suggestion because there are few members who don't log in to the site more often.

:blink:

if so, what about restricting articles upto 15-17 in 3-4 days? i.e. Dividing the 35 articles into two categories in a week? :whistle:

Am saying so because all are not going to submit articles in a bulk quantity. Only a few persons may be benefited. :)

Meera sandhu
Let me add one more solution....
It can be restricted...not more than 10-12 articles a day.....but total, 35 articles per week!!

Meera sandhu
Thank you said by: Sasikanth
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.