The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
A catagory is there, "Introduce yourself".
Only a few persons make use of it. Through a single thread itself, he can clear all doubts. New users can be restricted to ask their queries in that single thread itself, instead of creating separate threads for each query. New users coming to the site can also read that particular thread and clarify their simple doubts.

I came to know about this category much later. I have not posted anything about myself in this. This suggestion will be useful to new members.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Sandhya Rani wrote:
Only a few persons make use of it. Through a single thread itself, he can clear all doubts. New users can be restricted to ask their queries in that single thread itself, instead of creating separate threads for each query. New users coming to the site can also read that particular thread and clarify their simple doubts.

I came to know about this category much later. I have not posted anything about myself in this. This suggestion will be useful to new members.

Yes this category is there but when I joined I had not used this one. No body told to me about this one.

Earn money just for joining in this site.

http://www.money-friends.net/users/profile/en/155119.html

Sandhya Rani wrote:

Yes this category is there but when I joined I had not used this one. No body told to me about this one.

ha ha
this is the thread that I started here first. :woohoo:
http://www.boddunan.com/forum/6-introduce-yourself/173355-fresher-to-this-group.html
I think this single thread can clear all doubts of a new member ...instead of starting separate threads for each queries.

As Sunil told, it's difficult to memorize each and everything in FAQs and it would be better if ideas given as simple points instead of long essays.
Detailed description can also be given. Yet, some simple points can attract new users more to the site.

Meera sandhu
Gulshanji many of the responses from few members which I felt were spamming I reported them to moderator but I could not know what happened to them. Is there any system/or system could be made which gives us the feedback for our reports which we do to moderators. :blink:
Most of the time, a necessary action will be taken by the administrator, but there is no log for you to keep track of the reported items.

When opportunity is in front of you, don't hesitate to catch it. It will never come to you again. - Maverick

Thank you said by: Sanjeev Gupta
If members kept poking in, the problem is going to increase only. This would be most appropriate to let moderators do the job of moderation. I have seen many new members left the site because they were treated harshly by the ordinary members on their first faults. This is insulting if an ordinary member showing authority to some one not accustomed to rules yet. Let the moderators do their job else this would become free for all.
Absolutely correct. Anyone can guide the new members but certain things needs moderators help, hence the moderator system is there. Otherwise everyone is moderator :)

When opportunity is in front of you, don't hesitate to catch it. It will never come to you again. - Maverick

Gulshanji many of the responses from few members which I felt were spamming I reported them to moderator but I could not know what happened to them. Is there any system/or system could be made which gives us the feedback for our reports which we do to moderators. :blink:

The moderators may take some time to act. also, moderator's view may differ. What is spam to you, he may consider correct. You cam check the posts that you reported. If these have been deleted, obviously action has been taken. If you feel that no action is taken on the report, you can also send PM to Maverick. You may also send a PM to concerned moderator who should reply you.

Its not possible to remember the posts which were reported. Can't there be a "tab" for repoted posts? :woohoo:

i think moderators can know, for which particular post we have reported. I think so. A moderator can better answer this question.
A report will go to the administrator and the concerned moderator if any. As I said in my earlier post, there is 99% chance that a necessary action is taken.

yet, I would like to add one more thing...
Moderators should also keep politeness in forum...never use harsh words to hurt some member's feelings. When a new user come to this site, for simple mistakes..instead of scolding, using harsh words and warning, treat him in a friendly manner. If he ignore such responses, a moderator can punish him second time. Otherwise, no new user will stay here. Many people may be seeing a public forum for the first time. So, his inexperience can cause mistakes, which should be corrected by moderators friendly. I was also so and was to leave the site within 1 week, yet I stayed here with patience. But this can't be expected from every new user here!!! Isn't it?
Primary motive of our site should be, to keep people here, than firing them. Isn't it?
Most of the what you told holds true. However there are certain situations where moderator has to use his/her powers to control the forum culture. Moderators should take actions with due diligence and I believe most of our team is capable of that.

yet, I would like to add one more thing...
Moderators should also keep politeness in forum...never use harsh words to hurt some member's feelings. When a new user come to this site, for simple mistakes..instead of scolding, using harsh words and warning, treat him in a friendly manner. If he ignore such responses, a moderator can punish him second time. Otherwise, no new user will stay here. Many people may be seeing a public forum for the first time. So, his inexperience can cause mistakes, which should be corrected by moderators friendly. I was also so and was to leave the site within 1 week, yet I stayed here with patience. But this can't be expected from every new user here!!! Isn't it?
Primary motive of our site should be, to keep people here, than firing them. Isn't it?
Most of the what you told holds true. However there are certain situations where moderator has to use his/her powers to control the forum culture. Moderators should take actions with due diligence and I believe most of our team is capable of that.

yes, of course!!!
Also, non-partial judgements if any unnecessary talk arises in forum, we normal users expect them to do so also. :) :) :) :)

Meera sandhu
Sandhya Rani wrote:

ha ha
http://www.boddunan.com/forum/6-introduce-yourself/173355-fresher-to-this-group.html
I think this single thread can clear all doubts of a new member ...instead of starting separate threads for each queries.

As Sunil told, it's difficult to memorize each and everything in FAQs and it would be better if ideas given as simple points instead of long essays.
Detailed description can also be given. Yet, some simple points can attract new users more to the site.

The faqs section is pretty much a couple of pages description but covers/links most of the things what you or a new joiner needs.

Sandhya Rani wrote:

ha ha

The faqs section is pretty much a couple of pages description but covers/links most of the things what you or a new joiner needs.

FAQ is nice, but detailed. So, only a few persons may be patient enough to go through all :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Meera sandhu
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.