The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
If members kept poking in, the problem is going to increase only. This would be most appropriate to let moderators do the job of moderation. I have seen many new members left the site because they were treated harshly by the ordinary members on their first faults. This is insulting if an ordinary member showing authority to some one not accustomed to rules yet. Let the moderators do their job else this would become free for all.

Nobody likes bad words or treatment. Politeness is must for everyone including moderators. In case of mistakes or breach of rules, new members should be advised politely so that they do not feel bad. The senior members also hold an important place. They can give good advice and help.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani, Sasikanth
If members kept poking in, the problem is going to increase only. This would be most appropriate to let moderators do the job of moderation. I have seen many new members left the site because they were treated harshly by the ordinary members on their first faults. This is insulting if an ordinary member showing authority to some one not accustomed to rules yet. Let the moderators do their job else this would become free for all.

Nobody likes bad words or treatment. Politeness is must for everyone including moderators. In case of mistakes or breach of rules, new members should be advised politely so that they do not feel bad. The senior members also hold an important place. They can give good advice and help.

yes Sir I agree with you.

When I joined here, those people who guided me most were normal persons.....most of them, who haven't even completed 1000 posts here. Since their replies were polite, I haven't felt bad with them. I just felt like friendly talk. :) :)
I think am doing it same way......keeping politeness. Also, most of the new members here, I send them PM and make them friends within a day or two. So, never a question of bad feeling arises.
Actually, I never want to see them scolded for simple mistakes, guide them with PMs too, clarifying their simple doubts, thus preventing them to start simple queries in forum which can result in a large number of useless replies. I always ask them to PM me any doubt if you have. It will keep our forum neat. It's another reason. :woohoo:

Now am not sending PM to new users as popping up of PMs is not available now.

Meera sandhu
Thank you said by: Sasikanth

When I joined here, those people who guided me most were normal persons.....most of them, who haven't even completed 1000 posts here. Since their replies were polite, I haven't felt bad with them. I just felt like friendly talk. :) :)
I think am doing it same way......keeping politeness. Also, most of the new members here, I send them PM and make them friends within a day or two. So, never a question of bad feeling arises.
Actually, I never want to see them scolded for simple mistakes, guide them with PMs too, clarifying their simple doubts, thus preventing them to start simple queries in forum which can result in a large number of useless replies. I always ask them to PM me any doubt if you have. It will keep our forum neat. It's another reason. :woohoo:

Never mind, that was not for you in particular but in general. I can see an ugly scene taking place every once in a while and members leaving the site due to such behavior. You need not take every thing for your personal point of view. There are almost 1000 other members who can indulge in such unwanted activities. I hope you know what I mean. As for me I have nothing much to object as I may not last long here.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Where are you going Sunil? A pilgrimage to Gaya???

Meera sandhu

Never mind, that was not for you in particular but in general. I can see an ugly scene taking place every once in a while and members leaving the site due to such behavior. You need not take every thing for your personal point of view. There are almost 1000 other members who can indulge in such unwanted activities. I hope you know what I mean. As for me I have nothing much to object as I may not last long here.

yet, I would like to add one more thing...
Moderators should also keep politeness in forum...never use harsh words to hurt some member's feelings. When a new user come to this site, for simple mistakes..instead of scolding, using harsh words and warning, treat him in a friendly manner. If he ignore such responses, a moderator can punish him second time. Otherwise, no new user will stay here. Many people may be seeing a public forum for the first time. So, his inexperience can cause mistakes, which should be corrected by moderators friendly. I was also so and was to leave the site within 1 week, yet I stayed here with patience. But this can't be expected from every new user here!!! Isn't it?
Primary motive of our site should be, to keep people here, than firing them. Isn't it?

Meera sandhu
Thank you said by: Sasikanth

Moderators should also keep politeness in forum. When a new user come to this site, for simple mistakes..instead of scolding and warning, treat him in a friendly manner. If he ignore such responses, a moderator can punish him second time. Otherwise, no new user will stay here. Many people may be seeing a public forum for the first time. So, his inexperience can cause mistakes, which should be corrected by moderators friendly. I was also so and was to leave the site within 1 week, yet I stayed here with patience. But this can't be expected from every new user here!!! Isn't it?
Primary motive of our site should be, to keep people here, than firing them. Isn't it?

Is it a good idea to give one month grace period to every new member to learn the rules and environment of the site? Thereafter, he can be treated like old members.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

It's a nice idea Sir. By this way, a new user will feel comfort working here...know every person here.......
He will stay here too.....!!!

Meera sandhu

Moderators should also keep politeness in forum. When a new user come to this site, for simple mistakes..instead of scolding and warning, treat him in a friendly manner. If he ignore such responses, a moderator can punish him second time. Otherwise, no new user will stay here. Many people may be seeing a public forum for the first time. So, his inexperience can cause mistakes, which should be corrected by moderators friendly. I was also so and was to leave the site within 1 week, yet I stayed here with patience. But this can't be expected from every new user here!!! Isn't it?

Is it a good idea to give one month grace period to every new member to learn the rules and environment of the site? Thereafter, he can be treated like old members.

On most forums there are a certain number of posts before they are allowed to vote/rate or do certain things, their ratings are awarded as per quality of their posts and behavior. Later they are promoted to different categories as per fellow members find their posts's value.

A catagory is there, "Introduce yourself".
Only a few persons make use of it. Through a single thread itself, he can clear all doubts. New users can be restricted to ask their queries in that single thread itself, instead of creating separate threads for each query. New users coming to the site can also read that particular thread and clarify their simple doubts.

Meera sandhu
A catagory is there, "Introduce yourself".
Only a few persons make use of it. Through a single thread itself, he can clear all doubts. New users can be restricted to ask their queries in that single thread itself, instead of creating separate threads for each query. New users coming to the site can also read that particular thread and clarify their simple doubts.

I suggest that this site has a detailed FAQ section consisting of every single rule regarding every single function or activity on this site. This section should have 'dos' and don'ts' in a clear manner. Every member should give their consent before joining site and going wayward should attract financial penalty according to breach of rule. That will settle every problem. The home page can display the points deducted for a particular member for infringement as they show the points accumulated for participation.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.