The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Now also let me forward a suggestion to admin....
Now moderators are not given designations of Emperor, Caeser etc......
If moderators are given their designations also, it would look nice. Gulshanji is approving it.
Kalyani, Sarala......what do you say?

@Gulshanji,
I wish to see you as a Caeser very soon!!!!
Technically this is not possible, hope it is not needed for moderators too, they already have the most significant designation present below their avatar :) .

When opportunity is in front of you, don't hesitate to catch it. It will never come to you again. - Maverick

Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani
I need to clear a doubt from administrator. Hoping he will clear it.

If a new user commit some simple mistakes in forum like double posts or posting just Thank you messages without any other data, can we, normal users guide him...or should we wait for any moderator to respond to his post and ask him not to do so.
I want this clarification from admin, as I am almost 13-14 hours online here everyday, working in forum.
I doesn't matter who guides the new members, after all it helps all of us. Moderators are there to help you in situations where you need them the most.

Thank you sir for clearing my doubts.
Hoping you know what has occurred here most recently.
Some incidents do hurt people like me a lot, as am not a moderator here. But your answer healed everything. :) :)
Thanking you once again. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Meera sandhu

If a new user commit some simple mistakes in forum like double posts or posting just Thank you messages without any other data, can we, normal users guide him...or should we wait for any moderator to respond to his post and ask him not to do so.
I want this clarification from admin, as I am almost 13-14 hours online here everyday, working in forum.

I am not an admin but still I have my opinion for it.

@ Why don't you appy for a moderator job when you say you devote more time on Boddunan?. :blink:

@ Normal member can correct a new member but with some polite way people don't like to see someone points out their mistake. :blink:

Courtesy is always good. Just member or moderator, one should be polite while pointing out mistakes. any one may make mistakes. Nobody is perfect.
also it is every one's job to keep the site clean of undesirable content and spam. so any one may report such matter by using 'report to moderator' button.
sometimes, it is better to point out mistake by sending PM instead of writing in forum.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Gulshanji many of the responses from few members which I felt were spamming I reported them to moderator but I could not know what happened to them. Is there any system/or system could be made which gives us the feedback for our reports which we do to moderators. :blink:

I am not an admin but still I have my opinion for it.

@ Why don't you appy for a moderator job when you say you devote more time on Boddunan?. :blink:

@ Normal member can correct a new member but with some polite way people don't like to see someone points out their mistake. :blink:

Courtesy is always good. Just member or moderator, one should be polite while pointing out mistakes. any one may make mistakes. Nobody is perfect.
also it is every one's job to keep the site clean of undesirable content and spam. so any one may report such matter by using 'report to moderator' button.
sometimes, it is better to point out mistake by sending PM instead of writing in forum.

yes,
I also like your suggestions of sending PM. :) :)
i have done it many times before, if some new user post ad links or started such threads, because I also think it's the right way. :) :)
But for double posts or thank you messages only, I have posted in forum.

Meera sandhu
Gulshanji many of the responses from few members which I felt were spamming I reported them to moderator but I could not know what happened to them. Is there any system/or system could be made which gives us the feedback for our reports which we do to moderators. :blink:

The moderators may take some time to act. also, moderator's view may differ. What is spam to you, he may consider correct. You cam check the posts that you reported. If these have been deleted, obviously action has been taken. If you feel that no action is taken on the report, you can also send PM to Maverick. You may also send a PM to concerned moderator who should reply you.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

It's really a nice idea Sanjeev......to get feedback from moderators. :)

Meera sandhu
If members kept poking in, the problem is going to increase only. This would be most appropriate to let moderators do the job of moderation. I have seen many new members left the site because they were treated harshly by the ordinary members on their first faults. This is insulting if an ordinary member showing authority to some one not accustomed to rules yet. Let the moderators do their job else this would become free for all.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

The moderators may take some time to act. also, moderator's view may differ. What is spam to you, he may consider correct. You cam check the posts that you reported. If these have been deleted, obviously action has been taken. If you feel that no action is taken on the report, you can also send PM to Maverick. You may also send a PM to concerned moderator who should reply you.

Its not possible to remember the posts which were reported. Can't there be a "tab" for repoted posts? :woohoo:

Its not possible to remember the posts which were reported. Can't there be a "tab" for repoted posts? :woohoo:

i think moderators can know, for which particular post we have reported. I think so. A moderator can better answer this question.

Meera sandhu
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.