The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Deepti wrote:
[quote]
There are many advantages and disadvantages also associated with these "FANS ASSOCIATION"
ADVANTAGES:
1. Good opportunity to carry out many social welfare activities under this association.
2. Voluntary camps would be conducted for the welfare of mankind, like Blood Donation camps.
3. Charity programs would be possible; which would be very feasible to donate for the needy, like charity to Tsunami effected people.
4. These associations would help in circulating the latest news about the celebrity of this association.

[/quote]
I don't think any actor/actress is spending time with their fans associations on doing good for the people.The fans are used by the actors for just promoting their films and increasing their popularity.

websitesreview-meens.blogspot.com
You are right Meean, that is exactly my point too!

Cool Boy [quote]@Kalyani Hope you also now understand that fans association not only promote their favourate stars but also do good work for the society and its been already seen as my friend Deepti gave various examples how fans club has been always doing good works for the benefits of people and society.[/quote]

That is just one example, such examples are very few and far between!! All these people are interested is in their own promotion rather than any actual committed work for good causes!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

@Kalyani the fans associations are growing now and in future celebrities will support them more and may be they will also get some financial help from their favourate celebrities.Lets see in future how many good works would the fans associations do for society and people.
Cool boy wrote:
[quote]@Kalyani the fans associations are growing now and in future celebrities will support them more and may be they will also get some financial help from their favourate celebrities.Lets see in future how many good works would the fans associations do for society and people.[/quote]

Cool Boy, That is something which even I would like to see materialize in realize. But it something which is hypothetical and a distant possibility which is so far NONEXISTENT!!

Unless it does turn into reality we cannot really say that the fan clubs are doing good to society in general.

[quote]
Meean Wrote:
I don't think any actor/actress is spending time with their fans associations on doing good for the people.The fans are used by the actors for just promoting their films and increasing their popularity.[/quote]

Meean, Have you ever heard of Rajini Fan's Club????

He has maximum fan clubs of around 63,000 all around the world.
He donates via his fan's club.. Here is a sample list. Have a look for your information..
1. He has distributed Rs 12 Lakhs as relief to the family members of the bereaved in the bomb blast in Coimbatore.
2. He also donated 1 crore rupees to the 2004 Tsunami Relief Fund by the state of Tamil Nadu.
3. On October 31, 2008, Rajinikanth donated 10 lakh (1 million) rupees to the Sri Lankan Tamil humanitarian aid during the protest and hunger strike, organized by the South Indian Film Artistes' Association.

:) :)

Thanks 'n' Regards,
Deepti.
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
[quote]You are right Meean, that is exactly my point too!

[/quote]

Kalyani, Hope you get clear details now from what I am saying...

There are good people who want to serve for the poor and needy... even thought they earn more...

To be frank, Rajini is the second high paid actor, next to Jachie Chan.
But if you see his charity works, they are marvelous. :)

Thanks 'n' Regards,
Deepti.
OK , Friends,it is going to end this hot discussion within hours.If any one has more points to say put it here soon.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
I had stated my points of view.. Was waiting for kalyani and meean to put some counters on mine.. :)

Thanks 'n' Regards,
Deepti.
Deepti wrote:
[quote]Meean, Have you ever heard of Rajini Fan's Club????

He has maximum fan clubs of around 63,000 all around the world.
He donates via his fan's club.. Here is a sample list. Have a look for your information..
1. He has distributed Rs 12 Lakhs as relief to the family members of the bereaved in the bomb blast in Coimbatore.
2. He also donated 1 crore rupees to the 2004 Tsunami Relief Fund by the state of Tamil Nadu.
3. On October 31, 2008, Rajinikanth donated 10 lakh (1 million) rupees to the Sri Lankan Tamil humanitarian aid during the protest and hunger strike, organized by the South Indian Film Artistes' Association. [/quote]

Deepti, thanks for the valuable inputs regarding Rajnikanth's fan club!! He is a good actor and his altruistic work far surpasses his filmy glamor! I totally agree with you on this point. With regards to Jacki Chan, no one has so far even equaled his efforts on this front, not in India, not outside India.

Yet, the truth still remains that whereas Indian fan clubs are concerned, with the exception of Rajnikanth of course, most of the fan clubs are seriously floundering with no definite purpose for good cause.

We have countless celebrities with huge fan following each; earning millions of dollars each year, yet it is Steve Waugh who works for hundreds of sick slum children from Calcutta! Where is Sourav Ganguly here? He is called the Prince of Kolkata! Why cannot he do what Steve Waugh is doing?

Deepti, are you getting what I am trying to establish??

@Kalyani Steve Waugh is really a very nice person he has done lot of such things to help the people . Often Steve Waugh keeps visiting India and keeps helping people.He had told once he loves India a lot and people here too. Other cricketers and celebrities should really learn from him what a person he is who is doing so much for people of India .

If all the celebrities start donating money and start helping people through their fans association then it will be really a nice thing.

I would like to mention one thing here about Salman Khan. May be he is some one who has done some things which were not good but he often help lot of people and show his love towards his fans. He also runs Being Human foundation. Recently when he reached the Chhote Ustad show he ordered 150 Pizzas for the contestants as well as the audience. He was So generous and wanted to give a treat from his side that he told the channel officials not to try to pay for the pizzas as he ordered and he will only pay.

Recently Amir Khan also had visited some school which was hit by a calamity and he donated money.

Hope the celebrities keep doing good things for people and their fans.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.