The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
It has been said that money is not the path to happiness and in fact would bring more problems. Hence living more simply and doing more good deeds may actually be a better source of happiness. I would rather choose to be happy than run behind money and be rich.
Then you may ask this question, if money is such a problem, rich people are not any happier, and a materialistic lifestyle is not good, why do we still bother?
My own opinion is, I suppose controlling the way we perceive things. Of course money is important in terms of basic needs. For me I look at the rich people and envy but at the end of the day I'd rather be financially comfortable and more than anything else 'happy' than run behind money and be rich.
Yes, God's Favt. Child ,

Life has changed totally.Our busy schedules made us time less for leisures and other entertainment.As,you said , we don't have time to see and enjoy our surroundings.
Its just because that as world changes,we should also change with it.

Youth became very much focussed and they are utilising their time to achieve their targets.
Its also a nice sign of development.so,we can't blame anyone.

Get hot offers& tricks for Indians..Hurry!!
www.IndianOffer.blogspot.com
As Anuradha said, Its really pathetic that today's youth wants to earn more as they want to go to Discos and shopping malls and spend on their Girl friends and boy friends.

Such a frivolous lifestyle oftentimes leads to much stress, anxiety, guilt and repentance that we are questing after money and material goals at the cost of a happy and peaceful family life.
Yes siddharth,

We have to find time for everything.

Life will be beautiful only if you can adjust.Art of adjustment is needed.We need money and we have to work for it.Also,we should find time to leisure,relationships etc.

It will be better,if we can leave the tensions of our job at our office itself and when you reach your home,make yourself available for your family and not for your job tensions... !!

Exactly!!!

I think running behind money and trying to discover happiness in the next purchase of the latest cell phone, or a more powerful bike, or a nicer car, or whatsoever we suppose we need is nothing but another form of misery.
God's Favt. Child wrote:
[quote]As Siddarth said, We can allocate Sunday as the time for our Family but there are people who I know, who work on Sundays for that extra money..When I ask them Why?? They said that they need that money to go to Discos and shopping malls and to spend it on their Girl friends... :ohmy: :huh: :huh: :side: :side:

I was surprised cos they get about 20,000 per month for their needs and they are single, but they need that money...Is this not pathetic Youth are allured towards money by some companies which give extra for people who work on weekends, but are they not spoiling our health?? Working night shift badly affects your health but it's manageable when you have those 2 days in weekends and if you toil even on those 2 days... :unsure: :unsure: :blink:

Then How can you see the valuable things in Life other than money, work, money and work. I really don't understand the strategy. Working for your needs is Ok. But working keeping your Life to toil is really atrocious. We should even blame the companies where they pressure the employees to work on weekends. We should have the nerve to say NO. Only then can you spend time for your family.

B)[/quote]

Yes,
We shouldn't forget that HEALTH IS WEALTH..
Don't run behind money without caring your health.Body needs rest.As,competition in industry increased,you may need to work more.Also,when we get outsourced jobs from other countries,we may have to work during night time also.

But you should definitely take sufficient time to relax yourself and take rest.Weekends are given as holidays for those jobs which you may have to take more strain.So,don't be greedy and run behind money without caring your health..

Siddharth Shankar Kanungo wrote:
[quote]It has been said that money is not the path to happiness and in fact would bring more problems. Hence living more simply and doing more good deeds may actually be a better source of happiness. I would rather choose to be happy than run behind money and be rich.[/quote]

When we try to make more and more money, our stress also increases.
Its better to live a good life than a richer life.But the thing is that you need money to lead a happy life..

Money is also important..

How can we say that a family which is in a critical financial issue will be happy?
So,we need money.

Need for Money will become greed for money when money becames our prime need !!

I think it's always good to have a little bit extra money to treat yourself and go with some friends to a nice restaurant or a holiday. It's the meaningful experiences we should crave for rather than materialistic comforts.

As Jobin said, we should be taking care of our health, family and other important things instead of being greedy for earning more money and putting a happy life on stake.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.