Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
While cutting onions, your eyes will get water due to the onions. So after removing the skin of the onions dip them in water for a minutes and then cut them into pieces or keep the onion in the refrigerator for 2 minutes then after cutting the onions your eyes won't get water

Nice tips I will share it with my wife.

I have heard that there is IODINE in onions and by dipping it in water the iodine gets dissolved in water so the onion becomes useless as it loses the nutrient. :blink:
While cutting onions, your eyes will get water due to the onions. So after removing the skin of the onions dip them in water for a minutes and then cut them into pieces or keep the onion in the refrigerator for 2 minutes then after cutting the onions your eyes won't get water

I have heard that there is IODINE in onions and by dipping it in water the iodine gets dissolved in water so the onion becomes useless as it loses the nutrient. :blink:

I don't know know,but i have heard that there is Potassium in Onion.Do correct me if i am wrong.

Want to make each day Accountable

Sanjeev till now i never aware about this, thank you for let us know. then it is better to keep the onions in the refrigerator or while cutting onions in the kitchen its good to on pressure fan

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

I don't know know,but i have heard that there is Potassium in Onion.Do correct me if i am wrong.

I don't know about Patassium but its for sure it contains Iodine. :) and it was the rich source of IODINE before iodized salt were not there. :)
We prepare alot of food items in oven, due to this oven will have different smells, to remove such smell,

Take a bowl, add used lemon slices,cloves. Then boil them finely and then place this bowl in the oven for few minutes. Then the smells of the oven will go away

as per i know and remember there is sulphur in it and when we cut it or peel it it then when it comes in contact with air it mixes with it and so that makes tears comes in our eyes.

a.s.

as per i know and remember there is sulphur in it and when we cut it or peel it it then when it comes in contact with air it mixes with it and so that makes tears comes in our eyes.

I don't know if it contains sulphur which brings tears in our eyes when we cut it. But i know it contains Iodine but thats for sure is not the reason of tears. :)
The mixture of baking soda, lime juice, and hot water equally. Clean the windows by dipping a cloth in this mixture. the windows get clean very easily

I don't know if it contains sulphur which brings tears in our eyes when we cut it. But i know it contains Iodine but thats for sure is not the reason of tears. :)

http://www.sciencebob.com/questions/q-onion_tears.php
The gas produced, nicely dissolves in water.
That's why keeping in fridge or dipping it in water.....helps you

Meera sandhu
when ever you arrange pingani or platic plates in your kitchen to use whenever necessary, but there may be a chance of getting scratches, so it is good to place a tissue paper or any other paper between the plates so that scratches does not occur

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.