Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Angel baby,
Let me give you some tips....
Concentrate on thoughts than dialogues.....never make it a masala movie. Give an opportunity for readers to think at intervals......let their brains also work
Always try to carry/hold a suspense till end....i.e. The story should never proceed in a predictable way. Then only it binds readers to it
You can add some humorous dialogues or thoughts also, if your writings is proceeding in a serious manner.
Reader should never feel that story has some break points...i.e The whole work should move on smoothly in a flow.....as a melodious poem or a roaring river.....

Don't forget to add question marks which will prompt the user to stop a little bit, think and proceed further. If you can add philosophical touches to your story, then it will look amazing.....If some words and sentences hide some inner meanings also, then what to say???????
Read as much as books you can before starting....it will add more flavours and shades to your thoughts and words

Words should be powerful to rise reader's curiosity and interest to proceed further. Each person has his own ways of narration. develop a style of yours. Never copy style of another person...otherwise, you will have a 'shadow' tag

Now, let me think if I can provide you some more tips.....

Hey Sandhya, you could write a book on "101 Ways to Write a Novel"!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

@Sasi and Kalyani...
Let me complete my present assignment first. Then, another work already in queue :P :P :P :P
Then sure, I will think about writing this one ;)
7_4_36_2012-04-19.gif (You do not have access to download this file.)

Meera sandhu
Angel baby,
Concentrate on thoughts than dialogues.....never make it a masala movie. Give an opportunity for readers to think at intervals......let their brains also work
Always try to carry/hold a suspense till end....i.e. The story should never proceed in a predictable way. Then only it binds readers to it
You can add some humorous dialogues or thoughts also, if your writings is proceeding in a serious manner.
Reader should never feel that story has some break points...i.e The whole work should move on smoothly in a flow.....as a melodious poem or a roaring river.....

Don't forget to add question marks which will prompt the user to stop a little bit, think and proceed further. If you can add philosophical touches to your story, then it will look amazing.....If some words and sentences hide some inner meanings also, then what to say???????
Read as much as books you can before starting....it will add more flavours and shades to your thoughts and words

Words should be powerful to rise reader's curiosity and interest to proceed further. Each person has his own ways of narration. develop a style of yours. Never copy style of another person...otherwise, you will have a 'shadow' tag

@Sasi and Kalyani...
Let me complete my present assignment first. Then, another work already in queue :P :P :P :P

Do make sure we get our free copies!!
{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 6808]}
Angel baby,

@Sasi and Kalyani...

no way....i will give you for double price
1001_2012-04-19.gif (You do not have access to download this file.)

Meera sandhu
[quote]Sandhya Rani wrote:
Sasikanth.K wrote:
Angel baby,

@Sasi and Kalyani...
Let me complete my present assignment first. Then, another work already in queue
Then sure, I will think about writing this one

[/quote]

Remember the stress is on word Free! Friends always get free copies!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :P :P :P

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Angel baby,

@Sasi and Kalyani...

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 6811]}
.e The

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 6811]}

Novels are published with money from author's pockets. So, it's the duty of friends and dear ones to buy copies as much as possible 'in double price' providing a helping hand for the author :woohoo:

Meera sandhu

Remember the stress is on word Free! Friends always get free copies!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :P :P :P[/quote]

I know, you are translating some Marathi/Hindi works to English at present. Hoping you will provide all forum members a free copy :silly: :blink: :sick: :lol:
00020691_2012-04-19.gif (You do not have access to download this file.)

Meera sandhu
[quote]chinmoymukherjee wrote:
Sandhya Rani wrote:
.e The

1001_2012-04-19.gif

Novels are published with money from author's pockets. So, it's the duty of friends and dear ones to buy copies as much as possible 'in double price' providing a helping hand for the author
[/quote]

The authors have to make provision for incidental costs like free copies for friends!!! :laugh: After all the friends are going to talk about how good the book is, helping sell more copies!! :) :)

[quote]Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

Remember the stress is on word Free! Friends always get free copies!!! [/quote]

I know, you are translating some Marathi/Hindi works to English at present. Hoping you will provide all forum members a free copy [/quote]

BUt I am not the author, only a translator, so I get only one copy for myself!!! :( Otherwise I would surely have given to friends!!

Remember the stress is on word Free! Friends always get free copies!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :P :P :P

I know, you are translating some Marathi/Hindi works to English at present. Hoping you will provide all forum members a free copy :silly: :blink: :sick: :lol:[/quote]{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 6815]}
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.