The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I love Bengali sweets a lot,most of them are milk based and taste delicious.In most traditional households in South India, a special kind of Jaggery is served at the end of the meal if sweets are not prepared.But of course all special meals end with a sweet dish or ice cream nowadays since it is very convenient !

Even I love Bengali sweets more than any other sweets.Sweets like roshogulla,chum chum are very tasteful.In my place "Gajar ka Halwa" is very famous and in winters we often eat it. :)

I too love gajar ka halwa when it is prepared well, have eaten some which is more like carrots cooked in sugar.It should be cooked well with lots of ghee until well blended and served with lots of nuts and raisins ...it is one of the best Indian sweets :)

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Yes I like eat sweets after a meal..
Ha haa.. Indeep my fav too.. I love sweets after meal even i love them any time of the day... Before and after meals.. :)

@ vikas Yes I like eat sweets after a meal..

Most people have sweet tooth and like to eat sweets after meals or anytime during the day :) However, I notice that many youngsters these days are not very fond of sweets other than chocolates ...Traditionally in all countries sweets and desserts are served after a meal except in some communities in Southern parts of India where Sweet dish is served at the beginning of the meal...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I love Bengali sweets a lot,most of them are milk based and taste delicious.In most traditional households in South India, a special kind of Jaggery is served at the end of the meal if sweets are not prepared.But of course all special meals end with a sweet dish or ice cream nowadays since it is very convenient !

Even I love Bengali sweets more than any other sweets.Sweets like roshogulla,chum chum are very tasteful.In my place "Gajar ka Halwa" is very famous and in winters we often eat it. :)

I too love gajar ka halwa when it is prepared well, have eaten some which is more like carrots cooked in sugar.It should be cooked well with lots of ghee until well blended and served with lots of nuts and raisins ...it is one of the best Indian sweets :)

The way you have described it is making my mouth water! Yum!!! :lol: But that's the way Gajar ka Halwa should be prepared! :)

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: usha manohar
Ha haa.. Indeep my fav too.. I love sweets after meal even i love them any time of the day... Before and after meals.. :)

Most people have sweet tooth and like to eat sweets after meals or anytime during the day :) However, I notice that many youngsters these days are not very fond of sweets other than chocolates ...Traditionally in all countries sweets and desserts are served after a meal except in some communities in Southern parts of India where Sweet dish is served at the beginning of the meal...

In Maharashtra, Sweets are traditionally served along with the rest of the dishes! Some sweet dishes like Puran poli is actually the main course, served hot with lots of ghee poured on it!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

In spite of eating various types of food at meal I never felt satisfied after a meal without dessert.

Sharmistha Banerjee

In Maharashtra, Sweets are traditionally served along with the rest of the dishes! Some sweet dishes like Puran poli is actually the main course, served hot with lots of ghee poured on it!

That is another sweet I love, we call it Holige here.It is served with hot sweetened milk and Ghee and tastes delicious :) These age old sweets are the best.I love all of them - Kheer,Sreekand,Payasam,Jalebi,Malpora - all mouthwatering ...

But we cook it in milk not ghee. :blink:

But we cook it in milk not ghee. :blink:

Yes thats true, First the grated carrot is fried in Ghee and then the milk is added also sugar and by the time the carrot is cooked well the milk would have transformed into ghee and if one wants more can be added.. :)

I didn't ate sweets after meal till now. I will just try it later :)

Funny videos on youtube...check it out friends...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK08Z55VFrk&feature=plcp
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.