Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I was speaking to a couple of boys working in a restaurant here coming from Manipur and Assam who deliver food etc; they say they are terrified since one of them was attacked and warned and dont know what to do, since they need the job to support their families back home ...I find most of them very hard working, polite and very well behaved and to be treated this way by some hooligans is totally unfair !

This is indication of system failure on the part of our government. This is time to act strictly. Mere making appeals won't work. Do we have a government that works? this is sheer negligence and unwillingness to control the situation in the interest of party politics. Their eyes are on the vote bank in every situation.

I think there is much more going on behind the scenes and now with the news of Pakistan's involvement I wonder how they are going to take this further.There will be all the initial noises and heated brave words by the politicians and finally in the end nothing coming out of it...

Yes its been said that the rumors first originated in some blogs of Pak.

Live in the present :)
North East is nearer to China and Bangladesh. This could be one reason. Another reason is the backwardness which is comparatively more in North East than any other part of India. Frustration and agitation is more among peoples. They kill first and then they talk.
It is indicated that all the Rumors were passed from Pakistan. From pakistan SMSes were send and also Social Networking sites played an important in spreading this Panic in NE People.

Want to make each day Accountable

Even I heard it its strange people who spread this rumor should be identified and punished for disturbing thousands of people. What an irony people living in their own nation have to bear such threats. :evil:
Because of these all north east trains were seen full yesterday because of these sms and mms rumors.

http://rebacca-vethathiri.blogspot.in/
North East is nearer to China and Bangladesh. This could be one reason. Another reason is the backwardness which is comparatively more in North East than any other part of India. Frustration and agitation is more among peoples. They kill first and then they talk.

Didn't understand what you meant to say. ???

Never mind this takes a practical knowledge to know people and their ways. This particular region is one of the best areas of our country with fittest and simple people. Since the governments have done nothing to develop the area with its natural resources apart ONGC. The area has a large potential and people are laborious. Cheers.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Never mind this takes a practical knowledge to know people and their ways. This particular region is one of the best areas of our country with fittest and simple people. Since the governments have done nothing to develop the area with its natural resources apart ONGC. The area has a large potential and people are laborious. Cheers.

I am glad that there are people like you who try to see beyond the so called backwardness of the region. But it is really unfortunate that in spite of its large potential, it is one of the most misunderstood place. Just because the people of this region have different eating habits and culture from the mainland India, they have often been called savage and what not!!

I am glad that there are people like you who try to see beyond the so called backwardness of the region. But it is really unfortunate that in spite of its large potential, it is one of the most misunderstood place. Just because the people of this region have different eating habits and culture from the mainland India, they have often been called savage and what not!!

I had been there in seven sisters for a long periods at different time periods with locals in contact therefore I know their habits more than any one on this site. To be precise I can speak Assamese and Nagassmese to communicate with them in a better way because that is one way of knowing a particular area. I have a thread going describing the details of today's problems. Cheers.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

I don't think that residents in North East are frustrated. They live well. They are not very ambitious and are happy as they are. There is no dowry system in most tribal area. They will spend not so lavishly on marriages and other occasions like other places. There is very less corruption also.

The issue is that they are alienated from rest of India. There is need to integrate them.

As regards the current panic among N.E. persons, Govt. blames Pakistan who is in denial mood. Government is ready with evidence.

Twitter is also villain in the current crisis.

http://news.oneindia.in/2012/08/21/twitter-to-face-the-wrath-of-indian-govt-on-ne-messages-1057020.html

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.