Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Sounds crazy yet can be true in some cases. In some cases it can be attributed to the parents not having lived their lives enjoyably before they were married. Or as Kalyani said when the child is much more talented. One can come across comparisons between the child and parent in such cases which can lead to jealousy in parents but its rare that such an extreme step is taken by a parent.

True Asha! We find it actually hard to believe something like this! But I remember reading a few years ago about the case Monisha Koirala is supposed to have put up against her own parents, I am not really sure it was Koirala, accusing them of exploiting her for money. In any case, this is not new to Hollywood celebrities, Britney Spears and many others have had similar ugly issues with parents! What drives such parents to do that? Jealousy indeed might be the answer.

It's Amesha Patel :)

Meera sandhu
Sounds crazy yet can be true in some cases. In some cases it can be attributed to the parents not having lived their lives enjoyably before they were married. Or as Kalyani said when the child is much more talented. One can come across comparisons between the child and parent in such cases which can lead to jealousy in parents but its rare that such an extreme step is taken by a parent.

True Asha! We find it actually hard to believe something like this! But I remember reading a few years ago about the case Monisha Koirala is supposed to have put up against her own parents, I am not really sure it was Koirala, accusing them of exploiting her for money. In any case, this is not new to Hollywood celebrities, Britney Spears and many others have had similar ugly issues with parents! What drives such parents to do that? Jealousy indeed might be the answer.

I heard that even Mallika Sherawat said her parents don't want to keep her as their family because they were jealous of her but in her case it can be understood that her claims might have been false. The biggest factor as you said is mostly the success of the children that causes resentment in the minds of the parents. But I think these are still rare cases thankfully in India at least.

Yes at least in India there are not many known cases, thankfully, because we still believe in the sanctity in the parent-child relationship.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

It's Amesha Patel :)

Yes, it was Ameesha Patel, now I remember! Thanks Sandhya!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Yes they feel jealousy towards kids when their kids are grown and settled with good fame and money.

Earn money just for joining in this site.

http://www.money-friends.net/users/profile/en/155119.html

Hmm, Kalyani, Usha ,Sandhya and Asha,

I guess more than a parent-child jealousy, i see that there is jealousy among spouses who works in the same field

that results in abuses and stuff!!!

hmm!

Swetha Shenoy
I have never heard such story. It may happen specially among those people who are mentally backward. Still I would say that I have never heard such incidents before from any where. However I have many times heard that daughter is jealous of her mother.
Yes they feel jealousy towards kids when their kids are grown and settled with good fame and money.

Children should not ignore or insult their parents even by mistake. They should always make their elders realise that he is great because of them, because of their blessings. This way jealousy can be avoided. However, I have never heard this in my life as yet.
Very often, when kids hear less from parents and take their own decisions ignoring parents' advices while doing something and become successful, parents may or may not feel jealousy. It depends!!!!

Meera sandhu
Parents can not feel jealousy towards kids for ever. I have not heard such.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
Any one spouse, parent, sibling may get jealous. This happens when son or daughter is grown up and is in same job.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.