Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
My job is a sitting job and I have to sit for long hours and I try not to sit continuously and take breaks. Its true these days people don't do much of physical work which is harmful and may cause several diseases. :blink:
Since we cannot change jobs or our present day life style nor our dependence on computers and the internet, the best option is to make some necessary changes .Making a time table is a good option(if you stick to it) - like use the net for so many hours after which you do some other activity which is physical in nature so that your limbs,joints and muscles get exercise ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I am a student. So I must sit in class. Its compulsory. :(

www.hashtutorials.weebly.com
Working in computer, playing in computer, always with computer making all the problems. So we can avoid always sitting in computer.

Arun, what Mary said is exactly correct. Try to reduce the hours spent on front of system.

Born to express, not to impress.
http://royalrobsideas.blogspot.in/
Working in computer, playing in computer, always with computer making all the problems. So we can avoid always sitting in computer.

Ideally you can take a break every hour or so and move around and do something else so that there is some activity for your limbs. Even those with desk jobs and office job are advised to do this ...

It is a very, very good advice. Everyone should follow this for their good health.

I appreciate your caring & helping tendency. I told arun several times regarding the time spent with systems.

Born to express, not to impress.
http://royalrobsideas.blogspot.in/
Since we cannot change jobs or our present day life style nor our dependence on computers and the internet, the best option is to make some necessary changes .Making a time table is a good option(if you stick to it) - like use the net for so many hours after which you do some other activity which is physical in nature so that your limbs,joints and muscles get exercise ..

Exactly we cannot change our dependency of computers as it has been one of the necessicity these days.But one should not sit in front of computer continuously and always take a break and have a walk as that way it may relax eyes as well as have an exercise of muscles. :)
Thank you said by: usha manohar
It is inevitable for many of those who have jobs which requires them to sit for 8 hours a day . But they continue to do the same later sitting in front of the computer for another 3 or 4 hours a day and this is a deadly problem and doctors recommend that you do some dedicated exercise to counter the ill effects for at least 30 minutes. Stretching,bending,toe touching,walking within the room can all be done along with your net activity...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Exactly we cannot change our dependency of computers as it has been one of the necessicity these days.But one should not sit in front of computer continuously and always take a break and have a walk as that way it may relax eyes as well as have an exercise of muscles. :)

Yes all that is needed is a bit of planning and changes. Life style has changed completely in the past decade and we have to make the necessary changes to adopt to the new life style...

Sitting can kill you , I mean too much sitting can kill you .
Human beings were always on their feet in the early years busy with some work or the other until the modern ages,Desk jobs, advent of TV and the Computers ! Ans now we are sitting more than ever in the history of mankind - on an average about 9 hours a day !!!
Sitting increases risk of death by upto 40%
Sitting also makes you fat and obese - fat people sit an average 2-3 hours longer than those who are fit !
Finally, sitting expends almost no Energy !

Yes, it's applicable fr persons including me....
In the past 7-8 months my weight has increased almost 20% , really a worrying factor.....i feel tiredness also...
When we sit in the same posture, fat gets deposited around our waist giving us good tummy

Meera sandhu
Thank you said by: usha manohar
We must sitting with good posture. This is avoid our back pain and neck pain.

Pl. do not sit longer hours at same place.

Be positive
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.