Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
There is already a law existing against dowry (Dowry prohibition act ).I dont know how far it functions.

It functions only if the victims register a formal complaint but most of the parties do not want to do that, they simply pay the dowry as asked for if they are lucky, that is all they have to shell out. If not they have to spend better parts of their lifetime paying the ransom and even maybe lose a daughter to 'sudden' accidents or such! :blink:

Exactly ! another deterrent is our law procedure which is extremely slow and takes years before any justice is meted out , but by then all parties concerned will be fed up and would rather have nothing to do with it..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I think you are lucky enough to get such families who doesn't demand dowry. Because its only a minority which should change.

The reason was that the couple - my sister and my brother-in-law indeed wanted to marry each other. It was like love at first sight where money didn't play any role. And one of my sisters has a love marriage and money has no place in love marriage :lol: :lol:

But even in love marriages they demand dowry as Ushaji has mentioned above.

For them Money is more important than love, you should not call it love marriage but compromise. As boys some times go as per the wishes of their parents or boys want to have cakes in both hands.

Rightly said. They want to have cake in both their hands.

There should be strict law against this and every boy and girl have to take oath not to take any dowry.

The time is coming when they would chase dowry seekers back to their homes without bride. It has started in our area where people asking for dowry were sent back homeor handed over to police.

I met some people who told me their own experiences. The man was a father of two daughters and the relatives of the boys' side were ready to 'pay' them (let's say any money as dowry) just because getting marriageable girls is getting difficult day by day.
There is already a law existing against dowry (Dowry prohibition act ).I dont know how far it functions.

It functions only if the victims register a formal complaint but most of the parties do not want to do that, they simply pay the dowry as asked for if they are lucky, that is all they have to shell out. If not they have to spend better parts of their lifetime paying the ransom and even maybe lose a daughter to 'sudden' accidents or such! :blink:

And most of the victims do not make a complaint either because they want to show others that they can afford it or because they themselves are waiting for a chance to demand dowry. I once happened to meet a lady from Bihar . She said that her family had paid a large amount of money as dowry during her marriage. A year later when her own brother was about to get married, her family had in turn demanded dowry from the would be bride's family!!

And most of the victims do not make a complaint either because they want to show others that they can afford it or because they themselves are waiting for a chance to demand dowry. I once happened to meet a lady from Bihar . She said that her family had paid a large amount of money as dowry during her marriage. A year later when her own brother was about to get married, her family had in turn demanded dowry from the would be bride's family!!

That's the vicious circle. When it starts, it is difficult to stop it. When one gives dowry, the tendency to accept it creeps up automatically.
Nothing works like a firm NO
Unless people would learn to say no, nothing is going to help them. Marriage is a two way traffic- no girl agreeing to marry 'dowry seeker' only can finish it up.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Nothing works like a firm NO
Unless people would learn to say no, nothing is going to help them. Marriage is a two way traffic- no girl agreeing to marry 'dowry seeker' only can finish it up.

And these days girls will automatically get a choice. As the number of girls is dwindling, boys will be ready to marry, even without demanding dowry.

These people are so shameless that they demand and accept dowry. All people should say No to dowry. Otherwise this is not going to end.

These people are so shameless that they demand and accept dowry. All people should say No to dowry. Otherwise this is not going to end.

Time is not far off while they'll pay dowry for their sons's marriages. There are many countries in the world where girls are lesser and more qualified like in China, Japan.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

You have used the right word - shameless. There are such people, when it comes to their sons' marriage they will accept bribe and when it comes to giving dowry, they curse the system.
Time is not far off while they'll pay dowry for their sons's marriages. There are many countries in the world where girls are lesser and more qualified like in China, Japan.[/quote]

But in our country male population keeps on increasing. Female population is not at an increase simply because they kill female babies in womb itself. I think if that can be avoided female population may increase at a rapid rate.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.