Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I think you are lucky enough to get such families who doesn't demand dowry. Because its only a minority which should change.

The reason was that the couple - my sister and my brother-in-law indeed wanted to marry each other. It was like love at first sight where money didn't play any role. And one of my sisters has a love marriage and money has no place in love marriage :lol: :lol:
I think you are lucky enough to get such families who doesn't demand dowry. Because its only a minority which should change.

The reason was that the couple - my sister and my brother-in-law indeed wanted to marry each other. It was like love at first sight where money didn't play any role. And one of my sisters has a love marriage and money has no place in love marriage :lol: :lol:

But even in love marriages they demand dowry as Ushaji has mentioned above.

For them Money is more important than love, you should not call it love marriage but compromise. As boys some times go as per the wishes of their parents or boys want to have cakes in both hands.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

For them Money is more important than love, you should not call it love marriage but compromise. As boys some times go as per the wishes of their parents or boys want to have cakes in both hands.

Rightly said. They want to have cake in both their hands.

There should be strict law against this and every boy and girl have to take oath not to take any dowry.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
There is already a law existing against dowry (Dowry prohibition act ).I dont know how far it functions.

Then I am sorry, it is not love marriage. Dowry and love marriages cannot go hand in hand. In love marriage one loves the person, not the bucks.
There is already a law existing against dowry (Dowry prohibition act ).I dont know how far it functions.

It functions only if the victims register a formal complaint but most of the parties do not want to do that, they simply pay the dowry as asked for if they are lucky, that is all they have to shell out. If not they have to spend better parts of their lifetime paying the ransom and even maybe lose a daughter to 'sudden' accidents or such! :blink:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Then I am sorry, it is not love marriage. Dowry and love marriages cannot go hand in hand. In love marriage one loves the person, not the bucks.

Your sister's marriage is a love marriage because money has no role in it.

There should be strict law against this and every boy and girl have to take oath not to take any dowry.

The time is coming when they would chase dowry seekers back to their homes without bride. It has started in our area where people asking for dowry were sent back homeor handed over to police.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.