Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
@ Usha - Theortically what you said is absolutely right and may be one of the way we can eliminate this dowry system but you know our country has fewer infrastructures. Still in villages there are lots of people who don't allow their daughters to study higher. The village where I belong has no degree college nearby and people have to go around 7~8 Kms away from the village to pursue higher studies where there is few means of transportation so most of the parents don't allow their daughter to study further. Then how can we eliminate dowry system. Already boys are facing problems to get girls for marriage as number of girl/boy ratio is reducing day by day but still people don't understand it and ask for dowry before fixing marriage. I remeber recently one of my neighbor's daughter marriage broke up as the boy's parents were asking for too much of money that too in cash and I think they did right to break it as God knows what would they have done with the girl if she was married with this boy. :evil:

A few such instances where a girl refuses to marry a greedy groom may be a good thing in the long run. As far as education is concerned, you must catch hold of the local MP and MLA when they come seeking votes to make sure they provide proper educational facilities or else at least make arrangements so that students , both boys and girls are able to study further...Things are bound to change for the better when people get together for a just cause !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

@ Usha - Theortically what you said is absolutely right and may be one of the way we can eliminate this dowry system but you know our country has fewer infrastructures. Still in villages there are lots of people who don't allow their daughters to study higher. The village where I belong has no degree college nearby and people have to go around 7~8 Kms away from the village to pursue higher studies where there is few means of transportation so most of the parents don't allow their daughter to study further. Then how can we eliminate dowry system. Already boys are facing problems to get girls for marriage as number of girl/boy ratio is reducing day by day but still people don't understand it and ask for dowry before fixing marriage. I remeber recently one of my neighbor's daughter marriage broke up as the boy's parents were asking for too much of money that too in cash and I think they did right to break it as God knows what would they have done with the girl if she was married with this boy. :evil:

A few such instances where a girl refuses to marry a greedy groom may be a good thing in the long run. As far as education is concerned, you must catch hold of the local MP and MLA when they come seeking votes to make sure they provide proper educational facilities or else at least make arrangements so that students , both boys and girls are able to study further...Things are bound to change for the better when people get together for a just cause !

This reminds me a peculiar hypocritical Indian state of mind. When a boy offered himself to marry a girl without dowry, the girl's parents declined the alliance saying that, "It's below the status of our family tradition to marry the girl from our family to a boy who refuses to take dowry. The amount of Dowry has to be proudly displayed in the marriage day to the guests." The amount of dowry given speaks of the family's status in the society.
Still now in many areas we can see that girls are killed due to dowry. If women stand on their own feet , it may help them many.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
Still now in many areas we can see that girls are killed due to dowry. If women stand on their own feet , it may help them many.

That's right. At least they will be able to live away from such people who trouble them for money. Maybe they may even get good life partner elsewhere.

A woman's financial self- reliance is no guarantee to counter the dowry evils. Many uneducated village girls stood bravely against dowry evil. It needs a will to fight. Not the financial self sufficiency.

A woman's financial self- reliance is no guarantee to counter the dowry evils. Many uneducated village girls stood bravely against dowry evil. It needs a will to fight. Not the financial self sufficiency.

i am not saying as sure but many times self sufficiency help them to take right decision.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in

The presence of money surely makes a positive difference. It gives the confidence to take decisions that a woman may not otherwise take.

This reminds me a peculiar hypocritical Indian state of mind. When a boy offered himself to marry a girl without dowry, the girl's parents declined the alliance saying that, "It's below the status of our family tradition to marry the girl from our family to a boy who refuses to take dowry. The amount of Dowry has to be proudly displayed in the marriage day to the guests." The amount of dowry given speaks of the family's status in the society.

It is both ways, some parents go all out to get the highest bidder for their daughter little realising the dangerous precedence they are setting in the society.I feel that it is a kind of stupidity and nothing else !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

It is both ways, some parents go all out to get the highest bidder for their daughter little realising the dangerous precedence they are setting in the society.I feel that it is a kind of stupidity and nothing else !

It is stupidity and nothing else because there still are hundreds of parents who take unreasonably large amount of loans for dowries and then end up slaving to pay them off for their entire lives. False notions of prestige and dignity are the culprits here!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani, usha manohar
The only happy thing is the rate of suicide committed due to dowry problem has been reduced drastically. But it has to be eradicated completely

Born to express, not to impress.
http://royalrobsideas.blogspot.in/
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.