Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Time is not far off while they'll pay dowry for their sons's marriages. There are many countries in the world where girls are lesser and more qualified like in China, Japan.

But in our country male population keeps on increasing. Female population is not at an increase simply because they kill female babies in womb itself. I think if that can be avoided female population may increase at a rapid rate.[/quote]
The dwindling female population will help curb the dowry practice. Though I believe that is not the right way to stop it.
Dowry can be eradicated only when the people really want it to be eradicated. Many educated people still demand dowry from women and are even willing to kill if that demand is not fulfilled. People should stop feeding the notion that women are something by which one can make a lot of money in the form of dowry. :sick:

Mala Jaiswar
Dowry can be eradicated only when the people really want it to be eradicated. Many educated people still demand dowry from women and are even willing to kill if that demand is not fulfilled. People should stop feeding the notion that women are something by which one can make a lot of money in the form of dowry. :sick:

When you say educated people, it reminds me of an incident from our society where a rich doctor got divorce from his newly married wife just because she could not meet the dowry demands. How cheap that is!
Time is not far off while they'll pay dowry for their sons's marriages. There are many countries in the world where girls are lesser and more qualified like in China, Japan.

But in our country male population keeps on increasing. Female population is not at an increase simply because they kill female babies in womb itself. I think if that can be avoided female population may increase at a rapid rate.[/quote]

It's not as scsy as you think, only that they are destroying the balance nature has chosen for us. Once the girls count would go down the cycle would be reversed as it's happening in our areas where girls are almost 75% than their male counterparts.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

In fact it seems, higher the education status higher is the amount demanded. One of my friend from Rajasthan got engaged to a guy and the amount for the dowry was agreed. But there was a gap of around three months before the marriage day as she had to appear for her university examination. Within that time the result for civil service preliminary examination was announced. The would be groom was also selected. And believe it or not!! as soon as the result was announced, the amount was also raised and the girl's family happily agreed to pay!! :evil: :evil:

So the only solution for eradicating dowry is changing the mindset of the people.

In fact it seems, higher the education status higher is the amount demanded. One of my friend from Rajasthan got engaged to a guy and the amount for the dowry was agreed. But there was a gap of around three months before the marriage day as she had to appear for her university examination. Within that time the result for civil service preliminary examination was announced. The would be groom was also selected. And believe it or not!! as soon as the result was announced, the amount was also raised and the girl's family happily agreed to pay!! :evil: :evil:

So the only solution for eradicating dowry is changing the mindset of the people.

If the girl's side had refused to accept their demand either the groom would have agreed or the marriage would have broken. Now what is the guarantee that they would not demand more in future? Unless girls would learn to refuse, nothing is going to change.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Kill the dowry system and not the girl child

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 10431]}

It is not easy work. Expenses of marriage increasing everyday. Every parents wants that their girl will enjoy her life without any problem. For it they are doing all these.

yes it is right, but what can do parents of girl. They wants relation at every cost.

If the girl's side had refused to accept their demand either the groom would have agreed or the marriage would have broken. Now what is the guarantee that they would not demand more in future? Unless girls would learn to refuse, nothing is going to change.

Yes no guarantee of future, parents have only option of break-up but they never like to prefer it.

That's what I am saying! Unless people change their way of thinking regarding giving in to the demands and in accepting dowry, no amount of education or enactment of laws is going to help. I mean it is simply taken as part of tradition. By the way, most of the people feel breaking of marriage as a bigger embarrassment than paying dowry to get married. So they would rather pay than break marriage. Maybe that is why all the efforts to remove the dowry culture has not really been effective!!
Kill the dowry system and not the girl child

It is not easy work. Expenses of marriage increasing everyday. Every parents wants that their girl will enjoy her life without any problem. For it they are doing all these.

There is no guarantee that the girl will be happy even after giving dowry...In fact to make a girl happy it is better to educate her and make her financially independent.Marriage is not the only aim in life, there are many better options.An individual should get married only when he or she wants to and is ready to shoulder the responsibilities and not because someone ( society or parents) want to wash their hands off the so called responsibility ! Once parents change their attitude everything else changes too for the better..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.