Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Sometimes people act in a foolish manner because of their ignorance and stubbornness not to see beyond their own perception of things.Once they come out of this mindset it is easy for them to broaden their vision.It can happen to any one of us since it is not possible to know everything but having an open mind helps get over this...

We compare such people with a frog in the well, which thinks there's no other world beyond its well.
Yes, I agree it's not possible for all to become encyclopedias. People who know about this truth generally are open minded.
Sometimes people act in a foolish manner because of their ignorance and stubbornness not to see beyond their own perception of things.Once they come out of this mindset it is easy for them to broaden their vision.It can happen to any one of us since it is not possible to know everything but having an open mind helps get over this...

We compare such people with a frog in the well, which thinks there's no other world beyond its well.
Yes, I agree it's not possible for all to become encyclopedias. People who know about this truth generally are open minded.

There is no shame in admitting your ignorance.

It's a matter of time. Those who are ashamed of their ignorance, and feign wise, sooner than later will be exposed.
How long the white paint smeared on A Pig will last?

In fact it is better to admit rather than look foolish ! But soome people hate to admit that they dont know something and if you lay traps they will fall into it and even after that they will not admit.I have a cousin who is a know all, she keeps talking about proven things , sometimes gets carried away to the extent where she even twists things and it is quite amusing to see her tie up in knots trying to get out of the situation :laugh:

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

In fact it is better to admit rather than look foolish ! But soome people hate to admit that they dont know something and if you lay traps they will fall into it and even after that they will not admit.I have a cousin who is a know all, she keeps talking about proven things , sometimes gets carried away to the extent where she even twists things and it is quite amusing to see her tie up in knots trying to get out of the situation :laugh:

Yes a person should refrain himself from boasting his knowledge on a subject, if he is ignorant about it. This will land him in many awkward situations.

Yes a person should refrain himself from boasting his knowledge on a subject, if he is ignorant about it. This will land him in many awkward situations.

Intelligence is a relative term. Not an absolute term. If I say I'm intelligent, I may be more intelligent than some around me. Not the most intelligent of all in the world. So, intelligent minds keep this in mind and never boast of their intellect. They also know that they are forever learners.

Intelligence is a relative term. Not an absolute term. If I say I'm intelligent, I may be more intelligent than some around me. Not the most intelligent of all in the world. So, intelligent minds keep this in mind and never boast of their intellect. They also know that they are forever learners.

Yes we are the students of this university called Life. And Time is our teacher.

Yes we are the students of this university called Life. And Time is our teacher.

And this learning process is a continuous one. It starts from the cradle and ends only at our end.
Talking about teaching profession, I find most teachers averse to any kind of contradictory views that may actually be right, especially when it comes from other teachers or worse still students .Their thinking is that their knowledge is superior to that of their students, but sometin=mes your students surprise you by their general knowledge ! Most of us tend to think that what we know and what we believe is the only right thing ,failing to realise that in a world made up of so many millions of people there could be as many view points regarding one issue...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Talking about teaching profession, I find most teachers averse to any kind of contradictory views that may actually be right, especially when it comes from other teachers or worse still students .Their thinking is that their knowledge is superior to that of their students, but sometin=mes your students surprise you by their general knowledge ! Most of us tend to think that what we know and what we believe is the only right thing ,failing to realise that in a world made up of so many millions of people there could be as many view points regarding one issue...

Yes some teachers feel that way. If you ask them anything that is outside the course, they will scold you for wasting their time because such question have no marks in the exam. Teachers should be more understanding.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.