Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
rambabu wrote:

Advantages of English may not be available within the reach of all. Then, many grabbed this advantage by sheer hard working. Learning English and putting it to one;s advantage is not difficult. I learned English in the hardest way. My mother tongue is Telugu. So are many members in this site.

True. Most of us love the beauty of our mother tongue better than any other language. But we know that if we are confined to writing in our mother tongue there will be limited audience. Though a foreign language, because of its universal connectivity, we learn English with our own effort and determination and convert our vernacular thoughts into English and cover a large audience.  Fluency will come in due course, by practice and fighting with mistakes. 

Exactly. Though we feel comfortable with our respective Mother tongue its reach is very less and limited for expressing our views. This is where English is having an edge over other languages. Its reach, acceptance and scope are wider. rather it is almost a global language.

Hindi being my native language so I am more comfortable in expressing in it than in any other language.

True. But with the knowledge of only Hindi, we cannot widen the scope of our  several opportunities, in these days of Globalization. For this to achieve English will be more useful than any other language.

Sanjeev Gupta wrote:

Hindi being my native language so I am more comfortable in expressing in it than in any other language.

It depends on which place you live at.  If you live in a metropolitan city with many non Hindi speaking people, you will get habituated to English. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:
Sanjeev Gupta wrote:

It depends on which place you live at.  If you live in a metropolitan city with many non Hindi speaking people, you will get habituated to English. 

very true. I live in a metropolitan city which looks like mini India. Hence, I became habituated with English to communicate with different kinds of people.

Except for a small percentage of people living in metros and two tier cities, vast majority of the people still use their native language to communicate. They may not bother to learn any other language unless there is a need to do so..Not many educated people can speak English because they study in their local language and may study English as a second language which knowledge would not be sufficient for them to be fluent ! So for all practical purpose they use their own language more than any other language !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

The language of urban India is increasingly English and rural India it is their native language.

Yes rural India should also start using English considering the fact that Native language in the long run is of no use. But some youngsters from rural regions realized the importance of English and are going to nearby cities for learning English undergoing many difficulties.

Our politician don't think so , while they send their children to international schools and abroad to study they insist on mother being the primary language to be used in schools. 

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.