Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

That is how they ensure that their children maintain superiority over the others.

Vijay, I don't think that is the idea. They just want popular votes.. They are just playing around with the ignorant  masses..

usha manohar wrote:

Sadly although I would love to write in my local language Thulu , there is no script so the best I could do would be to write in my state language which is Kannada .I do write letters and fill forms in Kannada but I doubt if I have the proficiency to write an article .So, I will have t be satisfied with writing in English only! 

It is right that we can write better in our mother tongue. But India have not single language. So it is very difficult to read  languages other than mother tongue. If you write in kannada that only people for Karnatka can read.

I am comfortable in English but other than this I can manage to write in two more languages, Hindi and Bengali, but with a little bit of hitch here and there. In Hindi the problem I face is in the gender section for non-living things. On the other hand I am a Bengali who learnt the language at home and not in school or college. Thus, I have no problem in communicating verbally and can read fluently but while writing, spelling becomes a bit tough. If I get anyone who can pen down for me then I have no hassle in presenting my view on any subject.   

shampasaid

You may be knowing many languages. Out of the one chooses a language that's comfortable to the individual

anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Sadly although I would love to write in my local language Thulu , there is no script so the best I could do would be to write in my state language which is Kannada .I do write letters and fill forms in Kannada but I doubt if I have the proficiency to write an article .So, I will have t be satisfied with writing in English only! 

It is right that we can write better in our mother tongue. But India have not single language. So it is very difficult to read  languages other than mother tongue. If you write in kannada that only people for Karnatka can read.

That is understood and it is also meant for only those who are able to read the language and thats' precisely why we turn to English because it is universal and known to many more within our country as well...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Fortunately for me, I'm adept in both my Mother tongue and English. That's the boon given to me by the Advertising field. As a Copy writer I'm supposed to write copy in both the local language and English.

The fact that they teach a language like a subject in school ends up with a person just scoring pass marks but never developing a love for the language.  My children have two other languages in school.. but cannot speak even one, this is the case with many English medium schools.. Somehow children should enjoy the flavor of a language before they get into the grammar and stuff. 

I wish I had learned at least one language in which I could  write comfortably other than English. 

I too was a student of an  English medium school. ( Methodist Boys High school, Hyderabad). But developing the interest in other languages not solely lies with the school. Parents have a major role in this regard. Despite the odds against me to learn Telugu, my parents encouraged me starting with children literature in Telugu. We cannot leave every thing to  the system. Students and parents should explore the ways for achieving the goal of learning a new language.

While I agree that we cannot leave it to the school system.. the school system puts the fear of languages in the child.. My little son is so afraid of Hindi that I decided to let him take French. I'd rather that he be less stressed with languages keeping in mind the heavy curriculum. I remember my teacher in third standard put the love of poetry in my heart with the way she read it and explained it to us. 

She sowed the seed of love for poetry and even though the school system didn't do much to help it grow .. the seed grew on its own. We always look up to the teachers for our inspiration as kids. 

No matter what a mother says a kid will always say.. my teacher said this.. even if the teacher was wrong. 

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.