Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I am most comfortable writing in English and Marathi which is my mother tongue. I also can write in Hindi quite well, but am quite slow when writing in Hindi.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

It's a question of convenience. I too write in Telugu for a few local magazines. But better in English.

True it is indeed a matter of convenience. I feel at ease expressing my thoughts and dreams in English.. I come from a  multi lingual background and never really had a preference for any single language over the other. Besides English is the universal language whether we like it or not. 

Irrespective of one's liking and disliking, it's a fact that English is a universal language.

The fact that it is the universal language gives us the additional  advantage of being able to connect to a world wide audience. It helps you learn more, broaden your understanding and widens the scope of your reach. 

The meaning of a language that's considered as universal language is self explanatory. Unless it's not advantageous how it gets itself entitled for Universal language ?

The advantage is that we know the language and can communicate freely. The fact is  that not everyone everywhere has this advantage that we have. 

Advantages of English may not be available within the reach of all. Then, many grabbed this advantage by sheer hard working. Learning English and putting it to one;s advantage is not difficult. I learned English in the hardest way. My mother tongue is Telugu. So are many members in this site.

Sofs wrote:

The fact that it is the universal language gives us the additional  advantage of being able to connect to a world wide audience. It helps you learn more, broaden your understanding and widens the scope of your reach. 

Very true, most educated Indians know English , which is why they have been able to make a mark in other English speaking countries so much so that the next (now) generation of youngsters are even better than the original, meaning we get to hear Indian children living abroad excelling in the language ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

The facts about the advantages of English are well known and of late it's usage has become more owing to Globalization. English is that language that has the potentiality to wipe off the borders between the countries making the entire world as a single Global village.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.