Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
rambabu wrote:

There are provisions, that help the people in getting  Ambulance services, nearest Medical centers  etc. One can see the notifications on National highways. But how many know about these facilities. Despite this, " Urgency " of Medical attention  has to be seen. In case of fatal accidents, death  may occur within minutes. In such accidents, , I have seen once a kindhearted , took the Victim in his car to a Primary Health Center .The Doctor on duty informed the Police. Till the police arrived, the victim was not given any medical help resulting in his death.

Provisions are there. But meaningless formalities are the real reason for more deaths in Road accidents.

Yes it is bitter truth of our system.

When there is accident and humans life is involved the police is required to build up the sequence of events, They naturally will rely on eye witnesses versions. If they feel it is a hassle and needless formalities etc then how can the police do its job.

What about the RPF, that was ever present in the Station ? The Photo in the article shows a Police was standing nerby. And there are spectators in the Nungambakkam Station. The Techie's parents asked a straight forward question.

"Why the Body of the victim was lying unattended for Two Hours "?

http://www.thenewsminute.com/article/why-was-her-body-lying-platform-two-hours-devastated-family-murdered-chennai-techie-45404

anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:

There are provisions, that help the people in getting  Ambulance services, nearest Medical centers  etc. One can see the notifications on National highways. But how many know about these facilities. Despite this, " Urgency " of Medical attention  has to be seen. In case of fatal accidents, death  may occur within minutes. In such accidents, , I have seen once a kindhearted , took the Victim in his car to a Primary Health Center .The Doctor on duty informed the Police. Till the police arrived, the victim was not given any medical help resulting in his death.

Provisions are there. But meaningless formalities are the real reason for more deaths in Road accidents.

Yes it is bitter truth of our system.

i think strong laws should be made to protect the victim of road accident. first of all the victim should be given a medical facility instead of getting inspection by the police officer or by the doctor. we people should also help a person in pain instead of neglecting them just because we will become part of police investigation.

bhuyali saroj

vijay wrote:

When there is accident and humans life is involved the police is required to build up the sequence of events, They naturally will rely on eye witnesses versions. If they feel it is a hassle and needless formalities etc then how can the police do its job.

I agree, people want to lay blame on others and also put all responsibilities on others but do not want to come forward and spend time in such necessary tasks. It is only when each person in the society takes his/fer own responsibility and do their bit, can such incidents be avoided.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: vijay

The police is not so bad as is made out to be. 

I have seen Police, in very few cases, going out of the way and exposing Corruption. In this case,, Swati was murdered in broad day light. Though there was RPF, there were police, most disturbing aspect is that in a big station like Chennai, there were no CCTV Cameras at all. The culprit used this for his advantage.

The chalta hai attitude is responsible.

Well said. You know the real pulse of the People. After this incident the usual game  Passing the buck started.

Indian people barring a small minority are basically very selfish as is seen in the attitude of the members' posts here on this discussion itself where they advise that it is better not to get involved with the police and other matters since one can never be sure what it involves. With such an opinion coming from the so called educated and aware people not much can be expected in this country. In fact it is the people from lower strata that help comes. We had a severe accident on the highway here where a couple on a two wheeler and a child were very badly injured and lying in the middle of the road. the motorists avoided them and drove away not bothering to even stop and look. Finally it was a local farmer who was on a cycle who stopped an auto known to him and took the wounded to the govt hospital. Thankfully all their lives were saved even though they wee bleeding and very badly wounded and limbs fractured etc ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.