Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

@USHA you are right and the example is very relevant. It shows the calculated and cultivated indifference of the middle class and upper classes.

Indeed, it is the ones that have a comfortable job and are fairly secure in life that have the worst track record of basic humanity. Poorer people are simple and straight forward in their approach from what i have seen..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

As one becomes wealthy he/she loses empathy for the poor and helpless persons. 

It cannot be generalized. DO you think all the rich are apathetic ? had it been like that Bill Gates and William Buffet would not have donated so much for the Philanthropic causes.

Rambab is either really dumb or simply posts irrelevant information for the sake of doing so ...We all know about the two gentlemen and they are not from India since we are discussion here about India the heartless nation. In the US there is a lot of importance given for human lives , definitely much better than here !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

The other member generalized that ALL RICH ARE without empathy. . i know what to answer and how how to respond.  Even if the thread is about India, my examples are applicable. Had I wanted i would haven the examples of Azim Premji, Ratan Tata etc.. I protest for the word you used  'Dumb"

The behaviour of the rich is not represented by Azim Premj or Bill Gates. It was a metaphoric way of representing an evolving phenomenon. 

vijay wrote:

The behaviour of the rich is not represented by Azim Premj or Bill Gates. It was a metaphoric way of representing an evolving phenomenon. 

Excellent. This type of response is always respected.

Thank you said by: vijay
usha manohar wrote:

Indian people barring a small minority are basically very selfish as is seen in the attitude of the members' posts here on this discussion itself where they advise that it is better not to get involved with the police and other matters since one can never be sure what it involves. With such an opinion coming from the so called educated and aware people not much can be expected in this country. In fact it is the people from lower strata that help comes. We had a severe accident on the highway here where a couple on a two wheeler and a child were very badly injured and lying in the middle of the road. the motorists avoided them and drove away not bothering to even stop and look. Finally it was a local farmer who was on a cycle who stopped an auto known to him and took the wounded to the govt hospital. Thankfully all their lives were saved even though they wee bleeding and very badly wounded and limbs fractured etc ..

Absolutely true, whenever a road accident takes place then it is always the roadside romeos, free minded youths and people who fight for existence on daily basis are the first lot who jump to help and rescue the victims in their difficult time.  

shampasaid

This is a democratic forum and  members have the right to protest and also the right to ignore the protests !!!

@ Shampa, that is very true ! I have seen educated and so called people laugh sarcastically and move on when older people slip and fall in the parks or on street rather than help them. It is only those who  are simple and down to earth that really come out and help ..

Thank you said by: Shampa Sadhya
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.