Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
most women manage the day to day finances and take financial decisions at home, it is often surprising to observe that they are much less involved with the long term aspect of financial decisions and planning.

Thats true, I have a colleague who is also contributing to the family finance ,depositing her salary into a joint account held with her husband.The other day the husband has bought a second hand car for himself using up all the money without even telling her about it and she was rightfully feeling bad about it ...So, even after having a job and earning, some women still have no freedom to spend or have the right to do as they want with their hard earned money..

Oh that is very sad! But we hear of so many examples in many homes, where the husband can freely spend their money without even bothering to tell his wife, forget about seeking permission! Or for that matter, many women who earn their own salaries are also not allowed to spend their own money on whatever they may want to have or need!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

most women manage the day to day finances and take financial decisions at home, it is often surprising to observe that they are much less involved with the long term aspect of financial decisions and planning.

Thats true, I have a colleague who is also contributing to the family finance ,depositing her salary into a joint account held with her husband.The other day the husband has bought a second hand car for himself using up all the money without even telling her about it and she was rightfully feeling bad about it ...So, even after having a job and earning, some women still have no freedom to spend or have the right to do as they want with their hard earned money..

Oh that is very sad! But we hear of so many examples in many homes, where the husband can freely spend their money without even bothering to tell his wife, forget about seeking permission! Or for that matter, many women who earn their own salaries are also not allowed to spend their own money on whatever they may want to have or need!

Yes thats true...It can be still worse when you live with your in laws! I know of some households where the in laws control all the finances,both the husband and wife hand over their earnings to the mother in law or the father in law who then draws up the budget...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Well, it is 100% true, Women should always be independent financially, so that this independence will secure her self respect

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

Women should be independent not only in financially but also socially. In many places women are not allowed to talk with her husband openly.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
Ram what you said is true 100%, In this modern world also,women are treated as slaves and they are been house arrested. In few families they treat women very badly they wont even give 1% importance also. In few families, they feel women born for getting marry, due to this marriage issue parents ruin the career of women.

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

Yes thats true...It can be still worse when you live with your in laws! I know of some households where the in laws control all the finances,both the husband and wife hand over their earnings to the mother in law or the father in law who then draws up the budget...

Yes, I have heard of such people, imagine slogging day in and day out and then not being able to buy anything for even your children because your mother or father controls the money you earned!! Sad indeed. But then because of these reasons, along with many others of course, there has been a steady decrease in joint families. I mean, who will want to stay with parents who try to control you all their lives and yours as well?

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Women should be independent not only in financially but also socially. In many places women are not allowed to talk with her husband openly.

You mean here in India ? do we have such restrictions ? I am not aware of that ??? :dry: It happens in Saudi Arabia and a few other Arabian countries but in India that may happen only in some remote villages where people are still very backward..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You mean here in India ? do we have such restrictions ? I am not aware of that ??? :dry: It happens in Saudi Arabia and a few other Arabian countries but in India that may happen only in some remote villages where people are still very backward..

This is not by law. But customarily, a husband talking to wife in presence of elders is considered bad. This is more so in conservative families.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Today a news about a girl of 14 in Taliban is really shocking. :( :(
She was shot at her head.....what she did is......she asked for education for girls :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
Now she is out of danger, it seem so. But she has been given a warning that, she will be killed very soon (as soon as she get out of hospital) :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Meera sandhu

This is not by law. But customarily, a husband talking to wife in presence of elders is considered bad. This is more so in conservative families.

That may be possible, but I have so far not come across such instances here at least not where I live...In fact I dont think we have any such custom here ...

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.