Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I respect your thoughts Abhijit (ADB in short :) ) and would love to see every man thinking the same way. It might not be happening at your home or at your neighbor's but the reality is it does happen in many households. Maybe the factor is not always the man's way of thinking or his understanding level with her wife but the society or the colleagues.

There are things where I have hardly cared for the society or the colleagues. I have always walked my own way. And I know what I am doing is not wrong. And we are here in the 21rst century with the internet and all kinds of things. Yet, as you say, there are people who are very orthodox. And I am not going to sacrifice my life and ambitions just because people will say something. NEVER!!!
I respect your thoughts Abhijit (ADB in short :) ) and would love to see every man thinking the same way. It might not be happening at your home or at your neighbor's but the reality is it does happen in many households. Maybe the factor is not always the man's way of thinking or his understanding level with her wife but the society or the colleagues.

There are things where I have hardly cared for the society or the colleagues. I have always walked my own way. And I know what I am doing is not wrong. And we are here in the 21rst century with the internet and all kinds of things. Yet, as you say, there are people who are very orthodox. And I am not going to sacrifice my life and ambitions just because people will say something. NEVER!!!

Miya kare or bibi kare, dono to haina ghar ka kamai. :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
I think this totally depends upon wife and husband.If wife after earning care for her husband then no issue.

Sharmistha Banerjee
Now the wife earning more or senior to her husband is common in government service. When husband and wife both are employed in government service or anywhere else, there is likelihood that the wife may get an opportunity to earn more and be her husband's senior. In such cases, husbands also easily reconcile to this fact and lead normal life. One of my colleague's wife passed a departmental exam and she got promotion accordingly and became her husband's senior. The husband reconciled to this.

I know a couple where the wife is the boss of her husband in the office. So, obviously she is earning more than her husband. If there is an understanding between the couple, I don't see why there should be an ego problem.

A man may not like that his wife to be superior to him in this context at all. Since ages a woman has been referred to as the home-maker and the man as the bread-earner of the family. A man's ego is (by nature) hurt when he has to work under his wife while he had always read and seen it the other way round since childhood.

My parents were both employed , though both were in different occupations. My Mother's income was 3 times more than my father. but never i have seen an unsavory moment arising between them. It depends of the person's upbringing and culture
Now the wife earning more or senior to her husband is common in government service. When husband and wife both are employed in government service or anywhere else, there is likelihood that the wife may get an opportunity to earn more and be her husband's senior. In such cases, husbands also easily reconcile to this fact and lead normal life. One of my colleague's wife passed a departmental exam and she got promotion accordingly and became her husband's senior. The husband reconciled to this.

I know a couple where the wife is the boss of her husband in the office. So, obviously she is earning more than her husband. If there is an understanding between the couple, I don't see why there should be an ego problem.

A man may not like that his wife to be superior to him in this context at all. Since ages a woman has been referred to as the home-maker and the man as the bread-earner of the family. A man's ego is (by nature) hurt when he has to work under his wife while he had always read and seen it the other way round since childhood.

My parents were both employed , though both were in different occupations. My Mother's income was 3 times more than my father. but never i have seen an unsavory moment arising between them. It depends of the person's upbringing and culture

I already mentioned that I knew a couple personally where the wife earned more than her husband. And as an online friend (if you allow me to call you so), you are another buddy whom I know where the lady is earning more :) than her hubby.

I already mentioned that I knew a couple personally where the wife earned more than her husband. And as an online friend (if you allow me to call you so), you are another buddy whom I know where the lady is earning more :) than her hubby.

There are a plethora of examples. But i wanted to quote my own example first. Yeah, why not call me as your buddy
Inferiority complex will generate. Good husbands may feel proud if wife earns more..

http://rebacca-vethathiri.blogspot.in/
My mother also works but she took proper care of everybody's health in the family.

Sharmistha Banerjee
My mother also works but she took proper care of everybody's health in the family.

Nicely said. Actually those who make issue with it , they don't know the true meaning of love.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in

It is the same with my family where my mother and all her sisters were employed so also my father and his 4 sisters and there was never any ego hassle or problem of any kind especially regarding two of my mothers sisters, whose husbands were agriculturists...I of course earn far less than my lord and master, so no worries there for any ego problems :cheer:

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.