Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Now the wife earning more or senior to her husband is common in government service. When husband and wife both are employed in government service or anywhere else, there is likelihood that the wife may get an opportunity to earn more and be her husband's senior. In such cases, husbands also easily reconcile to this fact and lead normal life. One of my colleague's wife passed a departmental exam and she got promotion accordingly and became her husband's senior. The husband reconciled to this.

I know a couple where the wife is the boss of her husband in the office. So, obviously she is earning more than her husband. If there is an understanding between the couple, I don't see why there should be an ego problem.

A man may not like that his wife to be superior to him in this context at all. Since ages a woman has been referred to as the home-maker and the man as the bread-earner of the family. A man's ego is (by nature) hurt when he has to work under his wife while he had always read and seen it the other way round since childhood.

My parents were both employed , though both were in different occupations. My Mother's income was 3 times more than my father. but never i have seen an unsavory moment arising between them. It depends of the person's upbringing and culture

It is the same with my family where my mother and all her sisters were employed so also my father and his 4 sisters and there was never any ego hassle or problem of any kind especially regarding two of my mothers sisters, whose husbands were agriculturists...I of course earn far less than my lord and master, so no worries there for any ego problems :cheer:

It feels great to hear when there are so many members in the family and yet all of them are having a bonding towards each other. Unfortunately, there are some of my friends who instantly moved out of their family when they got married. Comparatively, you are in a lucky family, Ushaji.
Thank you said by: usha manohar
Now the wife earning more or senior to her husband is common in government service. When husband and wife both are employed in government service or anywhere else, there is likelihood that the wife may get an opportunity to earn more and be her husband's senior. In such cases, husbands also easily reconcile to this fact and lead normal life. One of my colleague's wife passed a departmental exam and she got promotion accordingly and became her husband's senior. The husband reconciled to this.

I know a couple where the wife is the boss of her husband in the office. So, obviously she is earning more than her husband. If there is an understanding between the couple, I don't see why there should be an ego problem.

A man may not like that his wife to be superior to him in this context at all. Since ages a woman has been referred to as the home-maker and the man as the bread-earner of the family. A man's ego is (by nature) hurt when he has to work under his wife while he had always read and seen it the other way round since childhood.

My parents were both employed , though both were in different occupations. My Mother's income was 3 times more than my father. but never i have seen an unsavory moment arising between them. It depends of the person's upbringing and culture

It is the same with my family where my mother and all her sisters were employed so also my father and his 4 sisters and there was never any ego hassle or problem of any kind especially regarding two of my mothers sisters, whose husbands were agriculturists...I of course earn far less than my lord and master, so no worries there for any ego problems :cheer:

It feels great to hear when there are so many members in the family and yet all of them are having a bonding towards each other. Unfortunately, there are some of my friends who instantly moved out of their family when they got married. Comparatively, you are in a lucky family, Ushaji.

A healthy trend worth emulating
Thanks to understand my feelings. But at present earnings of both are necessary
Thanks to understand my feelings. But at present earnings of both are necessary

Any one would agree with this. And I advocate this thing as well. The fact that there is the work at home option these days allows the women to work from home. So, no need to go out in the dangerous atmosphere. It is safe to work from home as well as earn. It's like double bonus.
Whether a woman wants to work from home or outside the home should be left to her to decide ....most housewives do take everything into consideration before taking up a job and try their best to do justice to both work and home with most of the time very little help from the man of the house. On top of that when they earn well they also have to put up with crushed male ego in some cases...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Whether a woman wants to work from home or outside the home should be left to her to decide ....most housewives do take everything into consideration before taking up a job and try their best to do justice to both work and home with most of the time very little help from the man of the house. On top of that when they earn well they also have to put up with crushed male ego in some cases...

All the things you mentioned are totally acceptable and right. And the last one about the male ego is not incorrect either. There are many women who are efficient enough and yet have to bear the taunts of the males around her.
Thank you said by: usha manohar
Ego destroys the relationship. better go ahead with good thinking. Parents help their Daughter to stand on their own foot. So it is nothing wrong if female earns and after all this will help the family.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
Then they rule on the gurdian head.they are going to be very overconfident and the family is going to suffer for this

JOY GHOSH
Then they rule on the gurdian head.they are going to be very overconfident and the family is going to suffer for this

Answer in some details. We are not getting you.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
I don't think gender difference should be there for highest earners in the family. Some couples always fight in this issue and mostly wife is consider to earn less than husband in this society..
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.