The topic is locked.
International Day of Older persons is observed on 01st of the month of October every year. We should respect the people of previous generations. Now, most of us ignore our parents during their old age which is infact a second childhood for them.

Born to express, not to impress.
http://royalrobsideas.blogspot.in/
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
International Day of Older persons is observed on 01st of the month of October every year. We should respect the people of previous generations. Now, most of us ignore our parents during their old age which is infact a second childhood for them.
I like this, we used to learn from parents and grand parents the basic tradition of family and when in danger they try to take the form of umbrella to protect younger ones,

http://mohanmekap.com/

Thank you said by: RobertP
I like this, we used to learn from parents and grand parents the basic tradition of family and when in danger they try to take the form of umbrella to protect younger ones,

Well said Mohan ji. But what is happening in real time? We say that we are living in a modern/fast/mechanical world and we do not have time to spend with them. But it is not true. We are running behind the money. We forget that we are human beings and not money/wealth making machines which do not have feelings/emotions.

I see a lot of elderly people arouond who are very mature and understanding. They are ready to extend help according to their capacity and they do it. On the other hand, some people are also short-tempared and don't listen to anyone. However, I guess, taking their age into account, they must all be respected.

I agree, in fact I and my wife took best care of our respective parents along with our siblings. I am so sorry to see some people do not look after their parents when they need it most.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

I agree, in fact I and my wife took best care of our respective parents along with our siblings. I am so sorry to see some people do not look after their parents when they need it most.

During our childhood, we asked many silly questions and repeated the same questions. Our parents replied politely. But now we simply tell our parents that they do not know about anything. We do not give them opportunity to interact with us to share their life experiences.

Thank you said by: Abhijit Dnyaneshwar Bangal

During our childhood, we asked many silly questions and repeated the same questions. Our parents replied politely. But now we simply tell our parents that they do not know about anything. We do not give them opportunity to interact with us to share their life experiences.

Elders should be protected and looked after. But there is responsibility on the elders also. They should study and understand the conditions especially quick and ever changing times. They should understand that their children have to race along with the times. And to this extent, older parents should know that their children are not looking after them intentionally.

Elders should be protected and looked after. But there is responsibility on the elders also. They should study and understand the conditions especially quick and ever changing times. They should understand that their children have to race along with the times. And to this extent, older parents should know that their children are not looking after them intentionally.

I have seen several advertisements for the homes for tha aged. Most of the people spent a lot for their parents as their parents reside in the home for the aged. Parents do not expect money from their parents. They want their heirs to spend time with them. They need love, affection and caring.

I have seen several advertisements for the homes for tha aged. Most of the people spent a lot for their parents as their parents reside in the home for the aged. Parents do not expect money from their parents. They want their heirs to spend time with them. They need love, affection and caring.

Of course love and affection are expected by the parents especially during old age from their children. But in these hard days, it becomes essential for the children to work day and night to maintain the family. In such conditions it may not be possible for the children to be present physically to be with their parents. It's here parents should understand that their children's absence is not intentional. I have seen many old people cooperating with their children to maintain peace and harmony in the family.

Of course love and affection are expected by the parents especially during old age from their children. But in these hard days, it becomes essential for the children to work day and night to maintain the family. In such conditions it may not be possible for the children to be present physically to be with their parents. It's here parents should understand that their children's absence is not intentional. I have seen many old people cooperating with their children to maintain peace and harmony in the family.

Old people are coordinating to maintain harmony as you said. But youngsters do not respect and treat them in a proper manner.

Old people are coordinating to maintain harmony as you said. But youngsters do not respect and treat them in a proper manner.

I don't think it's the case with all young people. Exceptions are there and will be there. Youngsters who treat the old badly will have to know that one day they too will become old. And they have to depend on their children.
Thank you said by: Ashii
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.