Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Shampa Sadhya wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

I don't know I should write this comment or not because I am certain that many of you may dislike it because it may hurt the sentiment. In India certain festivals such as Karwa Chouth, Teej and some more are all done for the well being of the husbands by their wives. Is there any such festival in which husbands fast for the well being of their wives? I am not aware. With such festivals the mood of a family is set. It says men are superior and naturally in terms of law too women are the ignored lot.  

I agree , it is all about pampering the male ego and putting him on a pedestal.

Our governmental policies too are made to cater to these sentiments. Married ladies cannot sell a property nor mortgage it without their husbands consent even if they are earning . They are not granted a visa to travel abroad unless husband gives a letter of consent ! I sincerely hope that the present government puts an end to this .

This is ridiculous. All the rules signify the suppression of women. I feel the women organisations must raise voice against these rules or else nothing will change for the better. 

The very fact that women need reservations of 33 percent and most of the time ladies, representation stands at as low as 10-15 percent shows how very male dominated our society is. In Kohima there has been widespread looting and violence because of this. 

Reservation laws are only in pen and paper. It always gets misused and those who have power take advantage of it. This is the reason why in India the women and the downtrodden do not progress.    

Absolutely ! There is also an act called Benami which includes properties or money transactions done in others names that one forfeits if proven. Congress had brought this act but left it halfway where properties bought in wives name dont come under that act. So, men could happily buy properties in wives name when it sited them and later take it back when they feel threatened that they may lose it...Now hopefully  Modi will set it right !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

In my opinion, the situation has drastically changed. Rather it has almost reversed. Maybe not as much in political matters,  but in daily life, a woman has equal say as men do (sometimes even more). Now this might sound absurd,  but the very fact that they were oppressed and dominated by men in the past leads people to discriminate and form bias against men today. There have been many cases where women have slammed false charges of indecency or rape on innocent men and the world believes them because after all they were once 'oppressed'. So naturally they must be right. Its the sad truth which is seen mostly in cities. 

“There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.” 

Oscar Wilde

Government is trying to give all rights and there wants to Indian women which they deserve but somewhere somemens small thinking is not making this possible.Some where superstition in Indian society is also playing a big role.So there are so many factors which are not supporting women rights in India.

Triple talaq is best example of now.

Thank you said by: rambabu
Abhishek Sharma wrote:

In my opinion, the situation has drastically changed. Rather it has almost reversed. Maybe not as much in political matters,  but in daily life, a woman has equal say as men do (sometimes even more). Now this might sound absurd,  but the very fact that they were oppressed and dominated by men in the past leads people to discriminate and form bias against men today. There have been many cases where women have slammed false charges of indecency or rape on innocent men and the world believes them because after all they were once 'oppressed'. So naturally they must be right. Its the sad truth which is seen mostly in cities. 

I agree with that..I too know of many women who manipulate the laws to their advantage which s not at all fair! Rights are different to demands .. However, I seriously doubt if they are able to get their way when it is done with the intention of causing humiliation and pain. 

Having said that it is still a man's world and word in majority households where men control and dominate women.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

In this instance , rape complaint filed by a woman was thought to be false and the court has ordered a case against her for humiliating and tarnishing the reputation of the person . This should effectively deter women from taking advantage of the law.

http://m.timesofindia.com/city/delhi/woman-faces-trial-for-false-rape-charge/articleshow/58707960.cms?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=TOI

a

It's tough being a man, especially in India. A man's shoulders are weighed down by the unending expectations of the society comprising of friends and family. You have to look tough and be tough because that's the stereotype people have formed about this particular gender. If you don't give a  woman your seat in the bus or don't follow the age old mantra of "Ladies first" (which is one's choice entirely) , people put questions on your chivalry and masculinity. 

Lastly if your wife's working and you're either unemployed or earn less than her, you become the laughingstock of the society. Cruel. 

“There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.” 

Oscar Wilde

Women have equal rights but in practice men are able to deny these. So women have to fight it out.

Abhishek Sharma wrote:

It's tough being a man, especially in India. A man's shoulders are weighed down by the unending expectations of the society comprising of friends and family. You have to look tough and be tough because that's the stereotype people have formed about this particular gender. If you don't give a  woman your seat in the bus or don't follow the age old mantra of "Ladies first" (which is one's choice entirely) , people put questions on your chivalry and masculinity. 

Lastly if your wife's working and you're either unemployed or earn less than her, you become the laughingstock of the society. Cruel. 

It is because of the conditioning by the society and expectations which are totally imbalanced. On the one hand women fight for gender equality and on the other hand rape , molestation and domestic violence cases have been on the increase or it could be that now they get highlighted by the media and women come forward to report them unlike before. 

If there is equality it should not matter who earns more !

In fact our democracy is formal.  We have no inner party democracy as most parties are family oriented  or based on particular religion/ caste. There is also no democracy within families. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: rambabu
Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:

In fact our democracy is formal.  We have no inner party democracy as most parties are family oriented  or based on particular religion/ caste. There is also no democracy within families. 

Since family life denotes the society to a great extent, we can see that even our legal system gets swayed by it. Some of the recent judgments show that clearly. A man can divorce his wife if she separates him from his parents and mental cruelty inflicted by the wife on men ...it is totally one sided !

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.