The topic is locked.
The Delhi Government has decided to completely ban the selling, distribution and transportation of tobacco containing Gutka products in the Capital. Gutka has been related to the cause of many diseases including mouth and throat cancer besides insomnia and hypertension. We welcome the step taken by the Government and hope that it comes into effect very soon.

http://healthmeup.com/news-buzz/gutka-related-products-to-be-banned-in-delhi/15687

Live in the present :)
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Other states should also follow the example of Delhi. Gutkha causes mouth cancer. Many cannot even open their mouths. While chewing Gutkha, they cannot even talk and spit everywhere.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I think Guktka is similar to pan. A few months back, pan was completely banned from Kerala. It's really a nice move. Hoping it will be implemented in other parts of the country also.

Next move should be ration to liquor.

Meera sandhu
I think Guktka is similar to pan. A few months back, pan was completely banned from Kerala. It's really a nice move. Hoping it will be implemented in other parts of the country also.

No Sandhya,
Pan is different. Although there are different varieties of bad things you can add in it but pan patta is good blood cleanizer. The katha (kind of a paste) is very good for ulsers and rest are flavors. Its a nice thing to have meetha pan, without supaari and all..

Life is a box of Chocolate, You never know what you gonna get.... :)
www.InstantKhichri.blogspot.in
Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani
There will be a ban on plastic bags too in the capital very soon. I am very happy to see the government taking these much required steps to make the city a better place to live in. Many states have already implemented these bans and have been successful to a great extent.

No Sandhya,
Pan is different. Although there are different varieties of bad things you can add in it but pan patta is good blood cleanizer. The katha (kind of a paste) is very good for ulsers and rest are flavors. Its a nice thing to have meetha pan, without supaari and all..

Pan may or may not contain tobacco. Gutkha is different and it causes ulcers too. Though I was not aware of the goodness of pan as told by Puneet. :unsure: Even I have tried chocolate pan once in a wedding.

Yes Asha, its true and yes Guthka causes ulcers, but the problem is its very difficult to ban tobacco. You can increase the taxes , but still people will buy it because they are addictied. If you stop one way they will get thrugh the other.

Yes Asha, its true and yes Guthka causes ulcers, but the problem is its very difficult to ban tobacco. You can increase the taxes , but still people will buy it because they are addictied. If you stop one way they will get thrugh the other.

As I told a complete ban has been implemented that will also include strict raids by the police officials throughout the city in the coming days. Sometimes an initiative is all that is needed and the government has done its part now the family members of those who are addicted to such hazardous products also have a role to play.

Its not about the raids or anything. Tobbaco industry is big and one of the biggest revenue generators for India. Government it self will creating other ways. Just watch it. This is just for time being..

Its not about the raids or anything. Tobbaco industry is big and one of the biggest revenue generators for India. Government it self will creating other ways. Just watch it. This is just for time being..

But I had read in the newspaper that the Government has chosen to implement the ban over the 24 crore revenue that the industry generates.

But I had read in the newspaper that the Government has chosen to implement the ban over the 24 crore revenue that the industry generates.

It's really nice.
Will it be successfully implemented.....? :blush:
Let us wait and see

Meera sandhu
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.