The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
What I witness in this thread is an apparently empty outburst of passion for democracy but the hard fact remains that no communists rulers ever subscribed to democratic tenets. Who conceived the phraseology of 'Proletariat Dictatorship'!!! The people of West Bengal are sufficiently capable of differentiating despotism and democracy. When time comes she too would be administered the right of dose of pragmatism. Just wait!!

The question of communists being antidemocratic is not theme of this thread. However, when the issue is raised, I may stress here that communists have so far never replaced any democratic government through armed revolution. There was no democracy in Russia before Communists took over. similarly, about China. About neighboring Nepal, also we may say that the monarchic government there was undemocratic.

Now the issue in this thread. Mamata Banerjee says that killing of the student activist is a small issue. You rightly said that we should not comment about cause of death till postmortem report is out. But Mamata Banerjee already knows the contents of the Postmortem report. Just see the link:

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/politics-and-nation/mamata-banerjee-finds-student-leader-sudipto-guptas-death-insignificant/articleshow/19392074.cms

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

What I witness in this thread is an apparently empty outburst of passion for democracy but the hard fact remains that no communists rulers ever subscribed to democratic tenets. Who conceived the phraseology of 'Proletariat Dictatorship'!!! The people of West Bengal are sufficiently capable of differentiating despotism and democracy. When time comes she too would be administered the right of dose of pragmatism. Just wait!!

The question of communists being antidemocratic is not theme of this thread. However, when the issue is raised, I may stress here that communists have so far never replaced any democratic government through armed revolution. There was no democracy in Russia before Communists took over. similarly, about China. About neighboring Nepal, also we may say that the monarchic government there was undemocratic.

Now the issue in this thread. Mamata Banerjee says that killing of the student activist is a small issue. You rightly said that we should not comment about cause of death till postmortem report is out. But Mamata Banerjee already knows the contents of the Postmortem report. Just see the link:

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/politics-and-nation/mamata-banerjee-finds-student-leader-sudipto-guptas-death-insignificant/articleshow/19392074.cms

Yes, the issue is not small and in fact, very big. Bigger than what her megalomaniac mind could possibly ever understand. But the way her political opponents are seizing upon this tragic death to revive their political fortunes makes me sick! I remember how late Jyoti Basu imperiously dismissed a very disturbing and rare act of molestation perpetrated on two women and one of them was a top functionary of the Unesco. Mamata's reaction too bears resemblance to that of Late Basu. How power maddens one! I am sure that she is in a self-destruct mode and busy digging her own political grave as did her political rivals in recent years.

I also find allusion to armed rebellion a bit irrelevant here. My pointed question was on the concept of 'Proletariat Dictatorship' and its implications in democratic system.
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

Yes, the issue is not small and in fact, very big. Bigger than what her megalomaniac mind could possibly ever understand. But the way her political opponents are seizing upon this tragic death to revive their political fortunes makes me sick! I remember how late Jyoti Basu imperiously dismissed a very disturbing and rare act of molestation perpetrated on two women and one of them was a top functionary of the Unesco. Mamata's reaction too bears resemblance to that of Late Basu. How power maddens one! I am sure that she is in a self-destruct mode and busy digging her own political grave as did her political rivals in recent years.

I also find allusion to armed rebellion a bit irrelevant here. My pointed question was on the concept of 'Proletariat Dictatorship' and its implications in democratic system.

In politics every issue becomes an opportunity to seize and use it to ones advantage ! Here what has happened is an extreme tragedy with a youngster brutally killed for protesting against something as minor as a college election and in mamata's mind if people dont have the freedom to express themselves, then how is different from Hitler or other dictators ?

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

The concept of 'dictatorship of proletariat' is also not relevant today. According to Marxist ideology, 'state' is class state. 'Proletariat' means the class that owns nothing particularly means of production. This is clear from the slogan in 'Communist manifesto'- Workers of the world unite- you have nothing to lose except your chains.". Today, there is no proletariat in this sense as workers are also owner of sizable wealth and facilities and they have much to lose.

In Bengal no one dares to utter a word against Mamata madame and if anyone dares he gets properly punished, honestly what a state of affairs...thankfully her own party workers are realising that now !

http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/pulled-up-for-facebook-post-on-mamata-banerjee-trinamool-student-quits-350574

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

The protesting students in Delhi attacked and manhandled West Bengal minister. Mamata Banerjee is furious. This is understandable. But there is a proverb- As you sow, so shall you reap. Earlier the West Bengal ministers learn, the better.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/India-news/NewDelhi/Bengal-finance-minister-attacked-by-SFI-activists-in-Delhi/Article1-1039784.aspx

The protesting students in Delhi attacked and manhandled West Bengal minister. Mamata Banerjee is furious. This is understandable. But there is a proverb- As you sow, so shall you reap. Earlier the West Bengal ministers learn, the better.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/India-news/NewDelhi/Bengal-finance-minister-attacked-by-SFI-activists-in-Delhi/Article1-1039784.aspx

What Mamata calls dirty politics is what she is practicing ...what can a common man do except show his anger and frustration through protests!

What Mamata calls dirty politics is what she is practicing ...what can a common man do except show his anger and frustration through protests!

IT seems like everyone is now into practicing dirty politics, be it WB, be it Maharashtra or elsewhere. These politicos just do whatever they feel like to get a moment's worth of publicity even if it is negative. What these politicians lack is vision for tomorrow. They forget that the actions of those in power dictate a country's history and thus, by behaving in such abominable manner, they are only leaving notoriety behind them and a dark future for the country!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

IT seems like everyone is now into practicing dirty politics, be it WB, be it Maharashtra or elsewhere. These politicos just do whatever they feel like to get a moment's worth of publicity even if it is negative. What these politicians lack is vision for tomorrow. They forget that the actions of those in power dictate a country's history and thus, by behaving in such abominable manner, they are only leaving notoriety behind them and a dark future for the country!

I agree with your views, Kalyani! Unfortunately I come across some highly partisan and ignorant comments which should not be in boddunan platform. What is dirty, undesirable should be universally condemned but what I find here is ridiculous. There are comments which sound like damning with faint praises!!!!! Such one-eyed observations neither put things in right perspective nor do these educate us in any manner.
I am a fan of her. After 34 years she has changed manything. She is successfull in Jangal mahal regarding moist issue. She has solved the Darjeeling issue. She is trying to develop the state. The admin is fast now and yes some incidents happened but what can she do?
I think In India she is one of the honest person and politician.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.