From a couple of months, BSNL has hogged the limelight for its financial difficulties and its failure to pay salaries for the month of February which created an uproar among the BSNL Unions.

BSNL which was formed in 2000 when DOT ( Department of Telecommunications ) transferred a number of employees to BSNL.

BSNL is currently running in heavy losses (8000 Crore in 2017-18) and is declared as a sick incipient Unit (3 years posting of losses), it was in a profit of 10000 Crore in 2005 and was a Navartna Enterprise.

Unions allege that BSNL Top Management is using exaggerated funds for trips and accomodation, also they have said that Government is not allowing the Company to take loans from Banks and not giving 4G Rights even after its competitors have gained 4G Rights long back.

Due to management excessive spending and no support of Govt in loans, losses have come, as per the Unions of BSNL. It is also to be noted that BSNL Debts are 1/10th of it's competitors.

Do you think BSNL should wind up, merge with MTNL, go private or be revived?

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I think BSNL has reached to this stage by its own laziness. There was no competition to BSNL had it treated its customers fairly. I seriously believe that being a public sector company its employs have no sense of responsibility. They did not care if their customers shifted to other companies. It's the same story as being faced by Indian Airlines and Air India etc. The list is long and as long all these companies go to private sector they will never recover.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Before few days I also read about problem of BSNL. i read than BSNL didn't bid for 4G. Indeed BSNL have too much corruption. Here line man to senior officers all are corrupt. Oprating exp. is too much more than. Private companies. It is not easy for government to shut down BSNL. It have some laks employee and hug property. Government is doing enough to save post office, So government must be save it. 

suni51 wrote:

I think BSNL has reached to this stage by its own laziness. There was no competition to BSNL had it treated its customers fairly. I seriously believe that being a public sector company its employs have no sense of responsibility. They did not care if their customers shifted to other companies. It's the same story as being faced by Indian Airlines and Air India etc. The list is long and as long all these companies go to private sector they will never recover.

In these employee are some serious than earlier. They have some idea that company may be closed. They help me too much in reinstating my BSNL internet connection. Corruption is main problem of BSNL. 

anil wrote:

Before few days I also read about problem of BSNL. i read than BSNL didn't bid for 4G. Indeed BSNL have too much corruption. Here line man to senior officers all are corrupt. Oprating exp. is too much more than. Private companies. It is not easy for government to shut down BSNL. It have some laks employee and hug property. Government is doing enough to save post office, So government must be save it. 

Actually BSNL could not bid because it was not allowed to be bid.

Corruption may be there but I think it's their poor service and slow response that is also a cause for its decline.

Indeed with huge workforce and huge Assets it's not going to be easy to shut down BSNL.

There are 9 to 10 BSNL Unions so it should be very difficult to close or sell to private, but I think the VRS concept is put forward so that senior employees can be taken away and then sold to private ad there will be less resistance then. However, who will buy is also a question as it is in losses.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

suni51 wrote:

Do you think it will be easy to privatise it?

Mounting losses, lazy workforce may not be what private companies would like to purchase 

Huge Assets and it's penetrating into rural markets may be the USP's to sell it, that too at a bargained price as the workforce is rather in efficient.

Part privatization might help ...in UK all service providers have been partially privatized , also giving company shares to the employees at a base rate which automatically increases efficiency. I feel we need to adapt measures that has all round benefit rather than give all control to private companies . It is more in the interesest of the citizens 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: jabeen, Arunima Singh
epraneeth77 wrote:
anil wrote:

Actually BSNL could not bid because it was not allowed to be bid.

Corruption may be there but I think it's their poor service and slow response that is also a cause for its decline.

Indeed with huge workforce and huge Assets it's not going to be easy to shut down BSNL.

There are 9 to 10 BSNL Unions so it should be very difficult to close or sell to private, but I think the VRS concept is put forward so that senior employees can be taken away and then sold to private ad there will be less resistance then. However, who will buy is also a question as it is in losses.

I am not in favor of selling it. It is not good that a important service handover to private sector. At present internet is need of all sectors and area. Private companies never interested in providing service in rural area. Service of private companies are also not good one. Before two service of Jio is best one but now it is too much poor. Reconstruction is best option.

Thank you said by: epraneeth77
usha manohar wrote:

Part privatization might help ...in UK all service providers have been partially privatized , also giving company shares to the employees at a base rate which automatically increases efficiency. I feel we need to adapt measures that has all round benefit rather than give all control to private companies . It is more in the interesest of the citizens 

Remember it is India not UK. I am also not in favor of giving all control to private companies. 

anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Remember it is India not UK. I am also not in favor of giving all control to private companies. 

What exactly do you mean by that ? That we need to remain down in the dumps forever? Instead of following style trends it would be far more beneficial to follow a system that benefits all and after all most of what we follow now is what was implemented during the British rule ... Why pretend otherwise?

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

BSNL is already a government owned company, but its employees are not government employees as such but old habits die hard and that's visible from their behavior (they have changed only 10-15%) Let them behave and work like a Bharat Sanchar Corporation Limited which they really are. That will help survive the company and their own existence. 

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.