The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I am really confused here so instead of replying everyone here, I would post a sample questionnaire that I ask all my clients before I even decide to build their site. Remember, if you are not clear on why you need a site or what you plan to do with it, no matter how great a site someone makes you, you will always get frustrated and blame the person who made you the site. As owning a site is like owning a web property and it must be maintained.

Here are the questions you need to ask yourself before you decide to open a site:

1. Why Do I need a site?

For personal blogging, to create an online presence, to write on topics that makes me money, build a following etc.

2. Free Blogger Blog or Paid Domain

No web designer would deal with a free blogger blog, also your options are limited. If you are serious, I would highly recommend you to go the paid way. Paid domains are not costly. 500/year for domain name and 200/month for a decent hosting. I think it is worth it.

3. Design it Myself or Hire Someone

Depends on your goal. If it is a personal blog, I wouldn't suggest hiring a professional web designer as that could get costly and basically you won't ever be able to recover the cost. However, if you plan to produce your best work there like posting chapters from your soon to be released book, giving professional advice then I highly suggest you go for a professional design.

I have around 20-25 such list I have personally prepared and it comes in very handy when I have to pre-qualify my clients. Though most of the questions don't apply here as most here are looking to create a blog to make money.

Nicely discuss but one querry. Can any earn from free blog.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
Yes, Ram you can earn through free blogging, just by placing ads your blog

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

I am really confused here so instead of replying everyone here, I would post a sample questionnaire that I ask all my clients before I even decide to build their site. Remember, if you are not clear on why you need a site or what you plan to do with it, no matter how great a site someone makes you, you will always get frustrated and blame the person who made you the site. As owning a site is like owning a web property and it must be maintained.

Here are the questions you need to ask yourself before you decide to open a site:

1. Why Do I need a site?

For personal blogging, to create an online presence, to write on topics that makes me money, build a following etc.

2. Free Blogger Blog or Paid Domain

No web designer would deal with a free blogger blog, also your options are limited. If you are serious, I would highly recommend you to go the paid way. Paid domains are not costly. 500/year for domain name and 200/month for a decent hosting. I think it is worth it.

3. Design it Myself or Hire Someone

Depends on your goal. If it is a personal blog, I wouldn't suggest hiring a professional web designer as that could get costly and basically you won't ever be able to recover the cost. However, if you plan to produce your best work there like posting chapters from your soon to be released book, giving professional advice then I highly suggest you go for a professional design.

I have around 20-25 such list I have personally prepared and it comes in very handy when I have to pre-qualify my clients. Though most of the questions don't apply here as most here are looking to create a blog to make money.

Really a very good information about blogs. well explained.

http://rebacca-vethathiri.blogspot.in/
RobertP wrote:
I want to create a blog for me. I dont know how to do it? Can you guide me?

The process of creating blog:
For creating a blog, you need to have a Gmail id and password.

First open the website blogger.com
Then login with your gmail id and password
Then need to click on create blog.
then you need to fill title, blog address
and save.
simple.
If any doubts ask here. or PM me

RobertP wrote:
I want to create a blog for me. I dont know how to do it? Can you guide me?

The process of creating blog:
For creating a blog, you need to have a Gmail id and password.

First open the website blogger.com
Then login with your gmail id and password
Then need to click on create blog.
then you need to fill title, blog address
and save.
simple.
If any doubts ask here. or PM me

Sarala Madam, I have asked you to help me on creating a blog. Hope you will help.

Born to express, not to impress.
http://royalrobsideas.blogspot.in/
She taught the steps for creating the blog. It is simple only. Just try to follow the steps. You will easily create the blog. All the best Robert.

http://rebacca-vethathiri.blogspot.in/
Robert just follow what i have mentioned in the above post.

What you need is Not a blog, but a Blog spot, in which you want to show your culinary expertise to the people. You wanted to have the Home page of your Blog spot as shown elsewhere in this forum.
There are two ways to achieve this. If you are not conversant with any web developing knowledge, better go to Google that offers a customizable different blog spot designs
The other way is to use your web page building know-how like Flash, HTML or PHP to name a few, you can design your blog spot as you want it to be and get it hosted by a web- hoster. All the best
Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani
What's the difference between blog and blog spot

Meera sandhu
A Blog spot is your Website, that accommodates all your Blogs written about recipes and other culinary know -how
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.