Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Seven years continuous running I think it is a genies world record. This is a surprising news.

Sholay was another evergreen movie. It was in theatre for 10 years and housefull in all shows. Many shows were seen by the public while standing, as the tickets were sold in excess. People are great fan of Big B and Dharmendra in those days. Even today also movie rocks the mind of the new generations.

But I want to know world record :)

I have never heard anything as such regarding Indian movies.
Its evergreen movie and in that khajol will act nicely i saw many times. We will not get bored by watching this.
My brother has a sweet memory related to DDLJ.
While he was studying plus one, this film came in our nearest theatre and he want to see it at any cost. So, he lied to his tution master one evening and went to watch the movie. Tuition master also said, "I want to see someone very urgent". When he entered the theatre, someone called him. He was none other than his tuition master himself. Rest...you know the best...both teacher and student watched the movie sitting together. What a dreadful experience to both!!!! So funny!!

Meera sandhu
yes jabeen......every day for the past 17 years in the same theatre, Matinee show. It's remarkable. Some days, houseful.

Yet can anyone tell me, which film holds its world record? I don't know. That's why am asking you people.

I am not sure about the movie but the stage play " The mouse trap' by Agatha christie holds the record for longest showing. At the Ambassadors Theatre in London it was first played on 25 November 1952 and is still being staged everyday.
Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani
yes jabeen......every day for the past 17 years in the same theatre, Matinee show. It's remarkable. Some days, houseful.

Yet can anyone tell me, which film holds its world record? I don't know. That's why am asking you people.

I am not sure about the movie but the stage play " The mouse trap' by Agatha christie holds the record for longest showing. At the Ambassadors Theatre in London it was first played on 25 November 1952 and is still being staged everyday.

That's right Jabeen! I think no other movie or play in the world has yet been able to break the record set by the Mouse Trap!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

That's right Jabeen! I think no other movie or play in the world has yet been able to break the record set by the Mouse Trap!

So, this movie is really a mouse trap :) :laugh: :laugh:

Meera sandhu

Apparently there is a movie in chinese which is supposed to have had a continuous run of more than 20 years ,but not as long as mousetrap though !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.