Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Friends many children love to become like their father and forefather. They copy their style and attitude. Many of them become successful in building themselves like their ancestors. This is the result of admiration.
Proverbs are not axioms. Any talent if it is to flourish needs nourishment and the environment plays an important role in realizing the inherent potential of any human being and our society and its obstructive agencies like caste, creed spell doom of thousands and millions of such talents. So never ever give any weightage to inheritance , genetic transfer or transmission of magic of genes to produce leaders after leaders like our Gandhis!!! :lol: :lol:
It is natural to be influenced from parent's profession but whether to succeed or not depends upon individual and whether to choose the same field the other also depends upon them, what is wrong with the same profession as of yours parents, if one continues to be good at it?

There is absolutely nothing against a son's or a daughter's rightful desire to pursue parents' careers but the point here how deserving they are. Deserve before one desires!!! Promotion of mediocrity at the expense of talent is not a sane proposition.
Advancement in career does not depend upon yours parents profession, but I think, when someone is interviewed by same organization as one's parents are, one is bound to get into the organization as I have seen it and felt it, and I do not think this is nothing wrong.

If you fall within the requirements and also there is noone else better than you among the job aspirants then it is alright.But when another more capable person is deprived and you are falling short in the job criteria then it is definitely no right !
it is not right, but it all depends upon the interviewer to choose which candidate, and most of the times, certain part of jobs, are being given to those, whose parent is there in the same organization. In my case this happens, though I cleared all two previous stages, in the interview, three persons are there, and when I entered into the room, I sat and was nervous, they first saw my CV, and for one minute, they read it, and then they ask abt my parents, and both are in the same organization as executive capacity, and they smiles back and thanks, and that is all at the interview, though I left the job after three years for more lurkative one, but this happens to two of my child hood friends, whose fathers are civil servants and they also are now, I do not know, but it is one such undercurrent that is happening, and there is no hard and fast rule on this.

There definitely is a criteria for selection in all civil jobs but it gets overlooked. The policy is you scratch my back and I will scartch yours...Thi is how the quality of work comes down in our public sector.I am not at all refering to your case , esp since you have been able to get a better posting you must have been good in the first place.But generally speaking this is not at all a healthy trend and I would never do it for my children...I much prefer them to get a job on their own merit !

I fully agree with you. When my father was working as a Regional manager of a Nationalsed bank my younger brother applied for a clerical post in the same bank where my father was the RM. He has not allowed my brother to apply.
I think, when yours younger bro, had applied for job, it should be allowed or disallowed from other department as per RM or now AGM, he has nothing to do with selection of candidate,

Still my father felt that there may be a talk of favoritism in case even if he is selected by his merit.
it is all abt. ethics, as automatically, the employers is favorable to the same candidate as parents are from the same organization, it is an unsaid rule in most organization as it is the discretionary power of interviewer to utter his final word on selections.

Strictly speaking it is not about ethics at all because ethics are something else ! Ethics of a company refers to following rules and doing what is right for the organisation, not making your own rules or twisting rules which is wht these people are doing.While some appointments may be alright most of them will not be ! Those who have the capacity dont need such props to come up in life nor any support that they actually do not deserve ..
You are missing my point entirely, all these are done not by recommendations, but there is sense of favoritism by most of organization, especially those which I have mentioned in my previous posts which mostly favors the candidates whose back ground is from same organization, it is noting to do with call for favor, but most of interviewer gives first privilege to the candidate those who have same organizational backgrounds, as they will simply see the name of father or mother, if they are in the same organization and they have error free career records, they will be selected mostly, this happens, there is not call for favor but they will favor if yours parents or one of yours parents in the same organization, I do not know why this is happening but it is happening, without doubt. I hope what I ma trying to suggest is conveyed here.

There is nothing to miss here since it has been clear to me right from the beginning and the point you make itself is questionable to me ! How can anyone be sure that a son will be like his father in capability ? This whole method of selction show how backward our selection peocess is and I will say it gain that this is also one of the reasons for cpmplacency in offices since they have not strived hard to get the job .... They also become insensitive to others needs beause they have deprived someone else better than them of their job..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Proverbs are not axioms. Any talent if it is to flourish needs nourishment and the environment plays an important role in realizing the inherent potential of any human being and our society and its obstructive agencies like caste, creed spell doom of thousands and millions of such talents. So never ever give any weightage to inheritance , genetic transfer or transmission of magic of genes to produce leaders after leaders like our Gandhis!!! :lol: :lol:
It is natural to be influenced from parent's profession but whether to succeed or not depends upon individual and whether to choose the same field the other also depends upon them, what is wrong with the same profession as of yours parents, if one continues to be good at it?

There is absolutely nothing against a son's or a daughter's rightful desire to pursue parents' careers but the point here how deserving they are. Deserve before one desires!!! Promotion of mediocrity at the expense of talent is not a sane proposition.
Advancement in career does not depend upon yours parents profession, but I think, when someone is interviewed by same organization as one's parents are, one is bound to get into the organization as I have seen it and felt it, and I do not think this is nothing wrong.

If you fall within the requirements and also there is noone else better than you among the job aspirants then it is alright.But when another more capable person is deprived and you are falling short in the job criteria then it is definitely no right !
it is not right, but it all depends upon the interviewer to choose which candidate, and most of the times, certain part of jobs, are being given to those, whose parent is there in the same organization. In my case this happens, though I cleared all two previous stages, in the interview, three persons are there, and when I entered into the room, I sat and was nervous, they first saw my CV, and for one minute, they read it, and then they ask abt my parents, and both are in the same organization as executive capacity, and they smiles back and thanks, and that is all at the interview, though I left the job after three years for more lurkative one, but this happens to two of my child hood friends, whose fathers are civil servants and they also are now, I do not know, but it is one such undercurrent that is happening, and there is no hard and fast rule on this.

There definitely is a criteria for selection in all civil jobs but it gets overlooked. The policy is you scratch my back and I will scartch yours...Thi is how the quality of work comes down in our public sector.I am not at all refering to your case , esp since you have been able to get a better posting you must have been good in the first place.But generally speaking this is not at all a healthy trend and I would never do it for my children...I much prefer them to get a job on their own merit !

I fully agree with you. When my father was working as a Regional manager of a Nationalsed bank my younger brother applied for a clerical post in the same bank where my father was the RM. He has not allowed my brother to apply.
I think, when yours younger bro, had applied for job, it should be allowed or disallowed from other department as per RM or now AGM, he has nothing to do with selection of candidate,

Still my father felt that there may be a talk of favoritism in case even if he is selected by his merit.
it is all abt. ethics, as automatically, the employers is favorable to the same candidate as parents are from the same organization, it is an unsaid rule in most organization as it is the discretionary power of interviewer to utter his final word on selections.

Strictly speaking it is not about ethics at all because ethics are something else ! Ethics of a company refers to following rules and doing what is right for the organisation, not making your own rules or twisting rules which is wht these people are doing.While some appointments may be alright most of them will not be ! Those who have the capacity dont need such props to come up in life nor any support that they actually do not deserve ..
You are missing my point entirely, all these are done not by recommendations, but there is sense of favoritism by most of organization, especially those which I have mentioned in my previous posts which mostly favors the candidates whose back ground is from same organization, it is noting to do with call for favor, but most of interviewer gives first privilege to the candidate those who have same organizational backgrounds, as they will simply see the name of father or mother, if they are in the same organization and they have error free career records, they will be selected mostly, this happens, there is not call for favor but they will favor if yours parents or one of yours parents in the same organization, I do not know why this is happening but it is happening, without doubt. I hope what I ma trying to suggest is conveyed here.

There is nothing to miss here since it has been clear to me right from the beginning and the point you make itself is questionable to me ! How can anyone be sure that a son will be like his father in capability ? This whole method of selction show how backward our selection peocess is and I will say it gain that this is also one of the reasons for cpmplacency in offices since they have not strived hard to get the job .... They also become insensitive to others needs beause they have deprived someone else better than them of their job..

I contribute to your views in this regard. Its a selection purely based on merit. Not inheritance.

I contribute to your views in this regard. Its a selection purely based on merit. Not inheritance.

Absolutely ! For this very reason I also am against caste reservations , which is ok upto a level but when it extends everywhere in life it curtails an individuals performance and deprives other more deserving people...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Absolutely ! For this very reason I also am against caste reservations , which is ok upto a level but when it extends everywhere in life it curtails an individuals performance and deprives other more deserving people...

This reminds me of another incident that happened in my family. By virtue of my caste i'm eligible for reservations. When I won a central government scholarship based on my academic performance, I wanted to use my reservation facility also for higher studies. When my father has seen my application form for reservations, he tore it away saying, 'you have already won a scholarship, there is no necessity of using your caste reservations. I dont want to see some really needy and deserving candidate is deprived of this facility.'
That was an eye opener for me. I never used this caste reaservations even to for my children.

I m again misconstrued here, as I'm not talking abt. cast reservations, it is all there, you have not experienced it, am general, so cast equation does not come here, I think in certain institution, children are getting hobs on their parents ability, from amongst us two canddates are rejected as their fathers are in the same organization but their CC record is not good, it is happening, here am not talking abt. cast reservation, am from Pandit community, of Jagannath Puri, so I was altogether, meritous to reach that level, devoid of reservation but still, in certain institution this is happening, though I have left job as I am engineer, and felt awkward to be PO at a nationalized bank so I left the job,

http://mohanmekap.com/

I m again misconstrued here, as I'm not talking abt. cast reservations, it is all there, you have not experienced it, am general, so cast equation does not come here, I think in certain institution, children are getting hobs on their parents ability, from amongst us two canddates are rejected as their fathers are in the same organization but their CC record is not good, it is happening, here am not talking abt. cast reservation, am from Pandit community, of Jagannath Puri, so I was altogether, meritous to reach that level, devoid of reservation but still, in certain institution this is happening, though I have left job as I am engineer, and felt awkward to be PO at a nationalized bank so I left the job,

Reference of Caste resevations are not meant for you. Its about the system in the society due to caste reservations how real merit is taking a blow.
I wonder where on earth children are getting the jobs on parents abilities.

Tgis is nothing personal , so please dont take it personally, we are just discussing the merits and demerits of certain practices...And, We certainly have enough intelligence to perceive what exactly you are saying.I feel you are not able to perceive what I am saying about the whole issue, anyawy it really doesnt matter since things will not change for the better in this country , at least in the near future...

Thank you said by: mohan manohar
Friends,

Let us stick to what the title requires us to do. I am pleased with some of your replies. Caste factor and whatever it entails in terms of advantages and disadvantages have been looked at by some of you. Reservation was never thought to be a permanent dispensation in our constitution and rightly as our founding fathers were far-sighted enough to see the danger in making it permanent which their dwarfish successors are trying to do. Reservation is an artificial element and can only be practiced at the cost of merit and talent. In India it has been practiced and still being practiced in a skewed manner. I know a certain friend who is very ordinary and a second generation beneficiary of reservation system. His other brothers and sisters have been allowed to thrive taking advantage of reservation. The collective financial gains of the family might be a few lakhs per month. And what shocks me is that their sons and daughters are grabbing it as third generation beneficiaries. I have nothing against reservation - a positive discrimination in favor of ones who were deprived for centuries but it should have been ensured that it percolates to ones who badly need them. My visits to certain parts of the country predominantly inhabited by deprived people have brought this fact to light that a strong section of these people has emerged to hog it all for generations after generations at the cost of the truly deserving ones.
Thank you said by: Devyani Sarkar
I feel that children following their ancestors is good. There are many other who are much alike then their forefathers. It depends on their mental brought up. Moreover many people force their children to do what they have done. This is very wrong.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.