Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Proverbs are not axioms. Any talent if it is to flourish needs nourishment and the environment plays an important role in realizing the inherent potential of any human being and our society and its obstructive agencies like caste, creed spell doom of thousands and millions of such talents. So never ever give any weightage to inheritance , genetic transfer or transmission of magic of genes to produce leaders after leaders like our Gandhis!!! :lol: :lol:
It is natural to be influenced from parent's profession but whether to succeed or not depends upon individual and whether to choose the same field the other also depends upon them, what is wrong with the same profession as of yours parents, if one continues to be good at it?

There is absolutely nothing against a son's or a daughter's rightful desire to pursue parents' careers but the point here how deserving they are. Deserve before one desires!!! Promotion of mediocrity at the expense of talent is not a sane proposition.
Advancement in career does not depend upon yours parents profession, but I think, when someone is interviewed by same organization as one's parents are, one is bound to get into the organization as I have seen it and felt it, and I do not think this is nothing wrong.

If you fall within the requirements and also there is noone else better than you among the job aspirants then it is alright.But when another more capable person is deprived and you are falling short in the job criteria then it is definitely no right !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Proverbs are not axioms. Any talent if it is to flourish needs nourishment and the environment plays an important role in realizing the inherent potential of any human being and our society and its obstructive agencies like caste, creed spell doom of thousands and millions of such talents. So never ever give any weightage to inheritance , genetic transfer or transmission of magic of genes to produce leaders after leaders like our Gandhis!!! :lol: :lol:
It is natural to be influenced from parent's profession but whether to succeed or not depends upon individual and whether to choose the same field the other also depends upon them, what is wrong with the same profession as of yours parents, if one continues to be good at it?

There is absolutely nothing against a son's or a daughter's rightful desire to pursue parents' careers but the point here how deserving they are. Deserve before one desires!!! Promotion of mediocrity at the expense of talent is not a sane proposition.
Advancement in career does not depend upon yours parents profession, but I think, when someone is interviewed by same organization as one's parents are, one is bound to get into the organization as I have seen it and felt it, and I do not think this is nothing wrong.

If you fall within the requirements and also there is noone else better than you among the job aspirants then it is alright.But when another more capable person is deprived and you are falling short in the job criteria then it is definitely no right !
it is not right, but it all depends upon the interviewer to choose which candidate, and most of the times, certain part of jobs, are being given to those, whose parent is there in the same organization. In my case this happens, though I cleared all two previous stages, in the interview, three persons are there, and when I entered into the room, I sat and was nervous, they first saw my CV, and for one minute, they read it, and then they ask abt my parents, and both are in the same organization as executive capacity, and they smiles back and thanks, and that is all at the interview, though I left the job after three years for more lurkative one, but this happens to two of my child hood friends, whose fathers are civil servants and they also are now, I do not know, but it is one such undercurrent that is happening, and there is no hard and fast rule on this.

http://mohanmekap.com/

it is not right, but it all depends upon the interviewer to choose which candidate, and most of the times, certain part of jobs, are being given to those, whose parent is there in the same organization. In my case this happens, though I cleared all two previous stages, in the interview, three persons are there, and when I entered into the room, I sat and was nervous, they first saw my CV, and for one minute, they read it, and then they ask abt my parents, and both are in the same organization as executive capacity, and they smiles back and thanks, and that is all at the interview, though I left the job after three years for more lurkative one, but this happens to two of my child hood friends, whose fathers are civil servants and they also are now, I do not know, but it is one such undercurrent that is happening, and there is no hard and fast rule on this.

There definitely is a criteria for selection in all civil jobs but it gets overlooked. The policy is you scratch my back and I will scartch yours...Thi is how the quality of work comes down in our public sector.I am not at all refering to your case , esp since you have been able to get a better posting you must have been good in the first place.But generally speaking this is not at all a healthy trend and I would never do it for my children...I much prefer them to get a job on their own merit !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

There definitely is a criteria for selection in all civil jobs but it gets overlooked. The policy is you scratch my back and I will scartch yours...Thi is how the quality of work comes down in our public sector.I am not at all refering to your case , esp since you have been able to get a better posting you must have been good in the first place.But generally speaking this is not at all a healthy trend and I would never do it for my children...I much prefer them to get a job on their own merit !
What I am trying to write, is that, generally, organization seems to be one such association and most of the times, next generations are appointed by interviewers as they feel it is nice to be here and in the same time they have partiality to their own communities, like the same organization, it is an unwritten law, as it happens in some cases, or may be many cases but it happens is what I am trying to convey. Similar is the case with Indian army, where more that three generation are there in army, there are many fields where these are happening but it should not be, but the final decision is on the hands of interviewer and there is no written record of it.

I fully agree with you. When my father was working as a Regional manager of a Nationalsed bank my younger brother applied for a clerical post in the same bank where my father was the RM. He has not allowed my brother to apply.

I fully agree with you. When my father was working as a Regional manager of a Nationalsed bank my younger brother applied for a clerical post in the same bank where my father was the RM. He has not allowed my brother to apply.
I think, when yours younger bro, had applied for job, it should be allowed or disallowed from other department as per RM or now AGM, he has nothing to do with selection of candidate,

I think, when yours younger bro, had applied for job, it should be allowed or disallowed from other department as per RM or now AGM, he has nothing to do with selection of candidate,

Still my father felt that there may be a talk of favoritism in case even if he is selected by his merit.

Still my father felt that there may be a talk of favoritism in case even if he is selected by his merit.
it is all abt. ethics, as automatically, the employers is favorable to the same candidate as parents are from the same organization, it is an unsaid rule in most organization as it is the discretionary power of interviewer to utter his final word on selections.

it is all abt. ethics, as automatically, the employers is favorable to the same candidate as parents are from the same organization, it is an unsaid rule in most organization as it is the discretionary power of interviewer to utter his final word on selections.

Strictly speaking it is not about ethics at all because ethics are something else ! Ethics of a company refers to following rules and doing what is right for the organisation, not making your own rules or twisting rules which is wht these people are doing.While some appointments may be alright most of them will not be ! Those who have the capacity dont need such props to come up in life nor any support that they actually do not deserve ..

Strictly speaking it is not about ethics at all because ethics are something else ! Ethics of a company refers to following rules and doing what is right for the organisation, not making your own rules or twisting rules which is wht these people are doing.While some appointments may be alright most of them will not be ! Those who have the capacity dont need such props to come up in life nor any support that they actually do not deserve ..
You are missing my point entirely, all these are done not by recommendations, but there is sense of favoritism by most of organization, especially those which I have mentioned in my previous posts which mostly favors the candidates whose back ground is from same organization, it is noting to do with call for favor, but most of interviewer gives first privilege to the candidate those who have same organizational backgrounds, as they will simply see the name of father or mother, if they are in the same organization and they have error free career records, they will be selected mostly, this happens, there is not call for favor but they will favor if yours parents or one of yours parents in the same organization, I do not know why this is happening but it is happening, without doubt. I hope what I ma trying to suggest is conveyed here.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.