The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
RAM PROSAD ACHARYYA wrote:
Those who log in almost daily should get priority in selection. That is I am saying.
That cannot be taken as priority, imagine a person who logs in daily and logout without even looking at any pos

Then it is the waste of selecting that type of person.

Earn money just for joining in this site.

http://www.money-friends.net/users/profile/en/155119.html

I think newly selected moderators can be assigned job of starting daily contests and announce winners that day itself. Some interesting topics can be started as new threads for such daily contests.
Also, among good responses in forum, 1-2 persons can be selected for 'best answers/response' to a particular thread. It's a bit different from DFAA and a thread starter and moderators can together decide winners (from the first 25-25 replies) . It can be done once in a week also...just to catalyse forum.

Meera sandhu
Thanks a lot,Arun! I honestly believe in whatever capacity you choose to engage yourself is likely to transform this site the way I desire! Time is,indeed, the greatest constraint in my case. So it's off limits for me for the time being. However I sincerely hope that the measures which are being worked upon by Boddunan administration would lead to significant improvement in the functioning of this site and would benefit us all in the foreseeable future. All the very best to you!
@Ceem - There words coming from you I am honored. But you know what, from the moment I joined Boddunan (You were the most active member back then) I always wanted you to be on the editorial team. You are a perfect candidate for it but I know other commitments keeps you busy.

Exactly my feelings!! I sincerely sincerely hope that Chinmoy applies for the same! :)

@Kalyani

I have already made my position clear in reply to Arun's post. I do lead a very hectic life and whatever time is left is just not sufficient to contemplate applying for it and doing justice to it - if at all selected!!! :P
@Ceem - There words coming from you I am honored. But you know what, from the moment I joined Boddunan (You were the most active member back then) I always wanted you to be on the editorial team. You are a perfect candidate for it but I know other commitments keeps you busy.

Exactly my feelings!! I sincerely sincerely hope that Chinmoy applies for the same! :)

@Kalyani

I have already made my position clear in reply to Arun's post. I do lead a very hectic life and whatever time is left is just not sufficient to contemplate applying for it and doing justice to it - if at all selected!!! :P

I know that Chinmoy, you are very much busy with your other commitments, but there is no harm in hoping for that, is there? ;) :)

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

@Kalyani

I know that Chinmoy, you are very much busy with your other commitments, but there is no harm in hoping for that, is there? ;) :)

It appears that moderators work as ordinary members as well in addition. Doing simply a moderator job will require regularity but not too many hours. I think that five works every day would suffice. What is your view, Kalyani.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

@Kalyani

It appears that moderators work as ordinary members as well in addition. Doing simply a moderator job will require regularity but not too many hours. I think that five works every day would suffice. What is your view, Kalyani.

Gulshan, that much time is actually enough for a moderator. A moderator need not be here for long hours but look in for 10 minutes 2-3 times during the day to see if all is well is enough. Usually, when I my son is home, that is what I do. But for an editor, it is required that he or she spend at least 2 hours for reviewing articles well. So Chinmoy can very well spend some time as a moderator, if not an editor.

On the same note, Gulshan you are an ideal Editor with your very good command and grasp of English and Hindi. Please do apply if you haven't yet done so far!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

@Kalyani

Gulshan, that much time is actually enough for a moderator. A moderator need not be here for long hours but look in for 10 minutes 2-3 times during the day to see if all is well is enough. Usually, when I my son is home, that is what I do. But for an editor, it is required that he or she spend at least 2 hours for reviewing articles well. So Chinmoy can very well spend some time as a moderator, if not an editor.

On the same note, Gulshan you are an ideal Editor with your very good command and grasp of English and Hindi. Please do apply if you haven't yet done so far!

Editors will be appointed after moderators. Let me see the criteria for selection of editors. If eligible, i shall apply. Also it needs be seen whether same person can work efficiently as editor and moderator both. Thank you for your suggestion.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Arun put forward a suggestion of a super moderator. As admin can't look into every serious issue here, a super moderator is also a nice suggestion, if it's implemented nicely. :) :) . Now 5 moderators are selected. Am sure Gulshanji will be one among them. :) :) :) Already he is a moderator here, who is spending a lot of hours here daily. That's why am putting forward this suggestion. As Gulshanji is the most senior member here, he can do that job nicely. Every member, including administrator is respecting him. Isn't it? His contribution in forum ...no doubt...very valuable. He has an excellent command over the language also. So, if any dispute in forum occur, any member or moderator can approach him for his opinion and it's sure, he can do it the best. Also, everyone here will respect his decisions.

It's just my personal opinion only. :) :) :)

Meera sandhu
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
Talking of editors, I have a query. Do the editors have the right to make necessary changes in the articles submitted or not? The thing is while reading articles, on few occasions I have come across some mistakes in the articles because of which I didn't enjoy reading that particular article. For example, once I read a short story in which one whole paragraph was repeated twice. And in another article, two paragraphs were interchanged which really made reading difficult, etc Couldn't the editors make change in such conditions?
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.