The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
It took me a good 20 minutes to read this entire thread but I am glad I did. I think this move was long overdue and I hope we get the best of moderators and editors.

And Maverick, I sincerely hope that you take Kalyani's suggestion into consideration. Proficiency in English is a must have. Believe me it will help Boddunan in the long run.

I have no idea what the questionnaire for the survey would be, but do include basic English tests, general forum rules, forum etiquette and roles and responsibility for moderators and editors.

Also, once the editors and moderators are chosen, give them a 3 day or 7 day formal training. Also lay down a clear hierarchy so that there are no clashes. Hierarchy for a site like Boddunan can go like this:

Administrator

Super Moderator

and like wise for the editors. The number of moderators/editors and super moderators/main editor can be decided by the management.

This would help ensure that members that are not happy with closing down of their thread by a moderator, can appeal to a super moderator and then to you. And in this when the decision goes in favor of member, there is less chance that a moderator would feel bad, as the decision was undone by someone who is higher in authority and not a fellow moderator.

As I recall, there was this one incident, where a member thread was closed by one moderator and when that member raised her objection by starting an another thread, another moderator found no problem with the thread and opened the thread again. Now since both are moderators, it definitely opens a power struggle fight.

And considering your limited time Maverick, I, personally think that this move would be in the best interest of the site.

P.S. I may think of applying too but only as an editor but I would like to know how much time does an editor has to devote each day. Anyways, even if I don't apply, I will open a thread soon, offering my editing service to anyone who sends his article to me via PM or mail. This way, members can get their articles corrected and stand a chance to make more money as I won't be deducting any money even if your article has mistakes ;)

@Arun, quite reasonable and practical suggestions as always! I would love to have you on the editorial team, so do apply, with your knowledge about SEO, article writing etc. it will be very much profitable for boddunan to have you on team.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: Arun Jain
@Ceem - There words coming from you I am honored. But you know what, from the moment I joined Boddunan (You were the most active member back then) I always wanted you to be on the editorial team. You are a perfect candidate for it but I know other commitments keeps you busy.

Exactly my feelings!! I sincerely sincerely hope that Chinmoy applies for the same! :)

Thank you said by: chinmoymukherjee
@Maverick - You are right, the hierarchy was only suggested after reading your post (Or may be Atul's) that there are 10 openings. So I was assuming 10 moderators. So my hierarchy was that 1 administrator, 1 super moderator and 9 moderators. Anyways, you are right, if there are small number of moderators, hierarchy would serve no purpose.And the questionnaire topics looks good to me. Commendable.

With only a small number of moderators, even though the hierarchy you mentioned is not needed, I still feel that there should be one administrator who would be there after Maverick. since Maverick is mostly busy behind the scenes, like you mentioned, working hard to keep the site running smoothly, yet there is a need of someone to turn to, in case of disputes.

Thank you said by: Maverick
@Maverick - You are right, the hierarchy was only suggested after reading your post (Or may be Atul's) that there are 10 openings. So I was assuming 10 moderators. So my hierarchy was that 1 administrator, 1 super moderator and 9 moderators. Anyways, you are right, if there are small number of moderators, hierarchy would serve no purpose.And the questionnaire topics looks good to me. Commendable.

With only a small number of moderators, even though the hierarchy you mentioned is not needed, I still feel that there should be one administrator who would be there after Maverick. since Maverick is mostly busy behind the scenes, like you mentioned, working hard to keep the site running smoothly, yet there is a need of someone to turn to, in case of disputes.
Totally agree. If we were to select 5 or more moderators, one can become super moderator/manager so that other moderators can contact him/her when in need. However I do not recommend such hierarchy if we have to select only few moderators.

When opportunity is in front of you, don't hesitate to catch it. It will never come to you again. - Maverick

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
@Kalyani - I am happy to know that there would be atleast one person who would be happy if I applied and got the job. And I would definitely try my best to help the writers best monetize their article without losing their creativity and readers.

And even if I don't get selected, I would still offer my services to members, off the site.

And I plan to spend much more time on Boddunan now, so newbies should be prepared to read my painfully long forum posts. ;)

@Maverick - Kalyani has a point. If you are not planning to spend considerable amount of time on site, it would be a wise move to appoint someone to handle affairs in your absence. We are growing by leaps and bounds and this is the internet age and people don't like to wait now.

And also, how many moderators are you planning to select?
Thank you said by: Sasikanth
And also, how many moderators are you planning to select?
Max 5, see my update a few replies before on this topic.

When opportunity is in front of you, don't hesitate to catch it. It will never come to you again. - Maverick

Yes nice decision taken and one more thing should be taken in consideration that how many times would he/she spend here and will spend in future.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
Yes nice decision taken and one more thing should be taken in consideration that how many times would he/she spend here and will spend in future.
I am sorry but I do not understand what you said. Can you please shed some light on this?

Those who log in almost daily should get priority in selection. That is I am saying.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
Those who log in almost daily should get priority in selection. That is I am saying.
That cannot be taken as priority, imagine a person who logs in daily and logout without even looking at any post.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.